• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Are we missing something? Napoli, Juve, Munich and Athletico chasing Trippier. I don’t get it. Are we getting rid of a player who is better than we think because these are top clubs interested in him.

No we are not, he is a liability in our league because of his lack of pace. Notable how the teams after him came from slower leagues.

I could be completely wrong but I think Foyth will be first choice RB come the start of the season rather than KWP. Poch showed very little faith in KWP last season.

sadly your right

well hopefully Foyth will get better, but we can bring through youth players who can do a better job then Tripper.

Trippier was a great servant to the club and deserves our gratitude and appreciation for all he did. What I will remember about the guy was that he never moaned... neither in his first season when he could not get a game because of Walker's form, nor last campaign when he was probably carrying the injury he sustained in the WC. Indeed, he stepped up and admitted that his performances were not good enough - how many players have the balls to come out and say that?

Glad it's been an amicable parting of the ways - Levy clearly did not stretch the negotiations or be too greedy; and he gets to go to a great club where - due to the lesser pace of the Spanish game - he will probably excel.

Good luck Tripps,,, see you in the Champions League!!

He's a good RB as well.

Athleti are no mugs, its not like he is taking an obvious step down.

Clearly he had an absolute 'mare last season, though I dont think it was all his fault he was undeniably poor, but - he is a very good footballer.

Really I think its most likely he just doesnt suit us.

Good luck to him though, no reason at all for any ill feeling.

He’s a very good footballer, he’s just not a good defender. In previous seasons his attacking form was so good that it masked his deficiencies as a defender. Last season his reluctance to cross or try and beat a man made his position untenable. Right back became a clear weakness in the team and other teams targeted him.

All the best to Trippier. Ultimately just not good enough for the level we are at and the level we aspire to be at.

Anyone else think we’re taking a risk with Trippier, potentially Rose AND Toby being allowed to leave in the same window?

All the best to Trippier. Ultimately just not good enough for the level we are at and the level we aspire to be at.

Anyone else think we’re taking a risk with Trippier, potentially Rose AND Toby being allowed to leave in the same window?
We don't really have a choice with To y, he does not want to sign a new contract. Trippier is honestly no great loss. Rose is the only one that we could possibly struggle on with, bit even last season he questioned his future here.

Sometimes things are out of your hands and you have to make the best of the situation. In an ideal world I believe we would like to keep Toby and Rose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'm quite surprised by this move as Trippier didn't seem the type to be heading overseas, he even mentioned in an interview post CL final he'd rather stay in England but there we go. Fair play and best of luck to him, hope he kills it out there, big shoes to fill with Juanfran leaving.

As for us, part of me thinks the fee is a bit low and it's not good for the homegrown requirements (yes JTG ^^^ I am a bit concerned but there presumably is some sort of plan) but then it was a clear area where change was needed, 3 dedicated RBs who don't offer much cover elsewhere isn't needed, especially with our shiny new argie bandwagon RB has emerged (I'm still game for Sissoko playing there, even moreso as a RWB)

Back