• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Still not one Im keen on.

I get the arguments for, its just the nagging ones against are winning out for me.

Id much prefer a summer where we bring in more young guns, lo Celso, Olmo, Ceballos, Sessegnon types - reshape the squad a bit to last the next few years.

You need a balance of youth and experience though. Imagine the knowledge and guidance he could pass on to those youngsters. That's how you cultivate a kick arse club culture.

You need a balance of youth and experience though. Imagine the knowledge and guidance he could pass on to those youngsters. That's how you cultivate a kick arse club culture.

If thats what youre looking for Im much more in favour of Alves.

Bale will come in and blow our wage structure out of the water. And then be unavailable half the games. And then be dropped into the first team whenever he is fit. Even though he seems like a good pro he will be a disruptive influence because of this.

And who knows the opportunity cost of pouring so much or our budget into him?

I get it, he is a winner, he can produce moments of magic and he can win matches on his own.

I just feel like theres a bigger picture aspect to this, and ultimately the cons outweigh the pros.

£60m on Bale, or on Lo Celso, and Id choose the latter.

If thats what youre looking for Im much more in favour of Alves.

Bale will come in and blow our wage structure out of the water. And then be unavailable half the games. And then be dropped into the first team whenever he is fit. Even though he seems like a good pro he will be a disruptive influence because of this.

And who knows the opportunity cost of pouring so much or our budget into him?

I get it, he is a winner, he can produce moments of magic and he can win matches on his own.

I just feel like theres a bigger picture aspect to this, and ultimately the cons outweigh the pros.

£60m on Bale, or on Lo Celso, and Id choose the latter.

Players would be straight on the the agents wanting more money.

The lessons of over paying one player can be learnt from down the road at Arsenal

His agent is protecting him well,he's got two dates in his diary Aug 8th for England and 31st Aug for Europe,in transfer deadlines,he must have had dozen offers by now,and if each one doesn't match what he is on now, then his agent will know he will have take a hit on his salary if he wants to move plus more importantly how many times Zidane will pick him in his 16. I think when we play Madrid in Munich at the end of July ...we will know where Bale stands...looks like a typical last minute Levy offer at 10.30pm on August 8th ,take it or leave it....

I think he'll end up in Italy or PSG if they let a couple of their superstars to go.

I can see this happening.

Barnett’s stance of Bale being really happy in madrid and doesnt want to leave is all a smoke screen to get a massive pay off when he leaves, in madrid’s desperation to get him out the door.

Will also work in favour of a buying club as the deadline looms.

I still see a two year loan to Spurs happening on deadline day, with madrid paying a large part of his wages and maybe christian going the other way.

We'd win a cup, or league, with him ? Sort of an adebayor arrangement where RM pay part of his wages? Seems like a stretch to me, don't think it'll happen

Still think he'll pick up Ribbery and Robben's freed-up wages at Bayern

It's always seemed like the most sensible destination with those two leaving. He could win another league, play regularly (if fit) and also no one there would care about him not learning the language.

Do you think Real Madrid see us as a rival yet? Or are we just a flash in the pan to their media?

Back