• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two tickets for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game this afternoon around 2.30pm on Ticket Exchange. Straight through and got a Young Adult concession for my daughter, so £87.50 all in.

Going to bypass the wheel of doom from now on and go straight to this option.

I got two tickets for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game this afternoon around 2.30pm on Ticket Exchange. Straight through and got a Young Adult concession for my daughter, so £87.50 all in.

Especially for the early in the season games when people are on holiday there will be loads !!

Here's a rebellious idea that I'd love to shove down the throat of our beloved ticket office...

The club are forcing me to buy full price tickets for a child or senior so that they can attend with me. So next time I don't have a child coming with me, I'll buy myself a concession ticket and get in on the cheap!! F*ck you.

I’d be careful of this. My daughter was in Australia last year so I thought about taking advantage of her Young Adult ticket for the Palace and Brighton games. Was glad I didn’t as they were checking ticket categories pretty carefully at turnstiles.

How did you manage this Mikey? Every ticket I looked at was adult prices, even if they were in a concession block and row?

I presumed it was down to the value of the original ticket on the TE? So maybe you just got lucky in finding a Junior STH that was no longer going?

How did you manage this Mikey? Every ticket I looked at was adult prices, even if they were in a concession block and row?

I presumed it was down to the value of the original ticket on the TE? So maybe you just got lucky in finding a Junior STH that was no longer going?

Every ticket I clicked on came up with a list of options - child, junior adult, senior citizen and adult. Maybe I just got lucky, as you say. Feels like a bit of payback for wasting the last two mornings staring at the wheel!

The whole system is definitely a mess.

I’d be careful of this. My daughter was in Australia last year so I thought about taking advantage of her Young Adult ticket for the Palace and Brighton games. Was glad I didn’t as they were checking ticket categories pretty carefully at turnstiles.

Yeah it was more of a theoretical up yours to the club than an option I'd care to exercise, just incase.

Having said that, I do have mates who said they were able to in other parts of the ground so I guess it's just a case of who is on the job that day and how stringent they want to be. I figured the first games at NWHL last season they'd be tight on all fronts.

Also, are you able to upgrade a ticket then to an adult and pay the difference? I've had a scenario last season where my father was ill last minute and couldn't go, but didn't think it wise to give his ticket to an adult incase they were pulled up on it at the ground. Can you give the club a call and get it upgraded to adult price on the day, even if that new adult wasn't a member?

Every ticket I clicked on came up with a list of options - child, junior adult, senior citizen and adult. Maybe I just got lucky, as you say. Feels like a bit of payback for wasting the last two mornings staring at the wheel!

The whole system is definitely a mess.

Wow, I def don't get that option. HEre's a pic of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture with two seats on TE that def should be available at concession prices. As you can see I only get the adult price option when selecting it. No drop down for kids or seniors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 16.30.59.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 16.30.59.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 11
Having said that, I do have mates who said they were able to in other parts of the ground so I guess it's just a case of who is on the job that day and how stringent they want to be. I figured the first games at NWHL last season they'd be tight on all fronts.

Where I go in I don't think they even gave me a second glance once in the 8 or so games I attended at NWHL last year, clueless !!

Yeah it was more of a theoretical up yours to the club than an option I'd care to exercise, just incase.

Also, are you able to upgrade a ticket then to an adult and pay the difference? I've had a scenario last season where my father was ill last minute and couldn't go, but didn't think it wise to give his ticket to an adult incase they were pulled up on it at the ground. Can you give the club a call and get it upgraded to adult price on the day, even if that new adult wasn't a member?

Not sure on that, but it would have been a bit much if you’d explained the situation with your dad and they were funny about it.

Wow, I def don't get that option. HEre's a pic of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture with two seats on TE that def should be available at concession prices. As you can see I only get the adult price option when selecting it. No drop down for kids or seniors.

The only thing I’m sure about with the current system is that it’s a fudging mess!

Interesting. Cannot say we had problems at the gate for any in our group at either of those games. On the rare occasion anyone in our group HAS been checked in the past it's been when we've arrived very early. It's less busy then so of course the stewards have more time on their hands.

I'd suggest the nearer you arrive to kick off the better your chances. They're less likely to check closely when they're under pressure.

Interesting. Cannot say we had problems at the gate for any in our group at either of those games. On the rare occasion anyone in our group HAS been checked in the past it's been when we've arrived very early. It's less busy then so of course the stewards have more time on their hands.

I'd suggest the nearer you arrive to kick off the better your chances. They're less likely to check closely when they're under pressure.

The turnstile light shows a different colour for junior tickets, so I assume it is the same for all concessions. So as you suggest, a busier time, and standing back a few moments to choose a turnstile with less focus might be the best chance. You are relying on the change in light colour not being picked up out of the corner of a steward's eye. But if they are helping someone else to scan their ticket or something they will be otherwise engaged.
Which is another point - make sure the recipient of the ticket knows how to scan it so there is no faffing about.

FYI I'll be putting my South Stand tickets for Boxing Day on the TE soon bock 252

I expect to be stuffed for public transport that day - will approach my neighbouring Premium seat first out of courtesy (and I may pick up his future hand-me-down). Match may yet be re-arranged for TV, so nothing definite for some while.

Block 205 - west stand looking straight across south end 18yd line. free nibbles before, free drink & food HT

The turnstile light shows a different colour for junior tickets, so I assume it is the same for all concessions. So as you suggest, a busier time, and standing back a few moments to choose a turnstile with less focus might be the best chance. You are relying on the change in light colour not being picked up out of the corner of a steward's eye. But if they are helping someone else to scan their ticket or something they will be otherwise engaged.
Which is another point - make sure the recipient of the ticket knows how to scan it so there is no faffing about.

Haha, cheers for all the advice! It was a hypothetical, honest lol.

However, the turnstile scan is less my worry tbh. As you rightly say, it can get congested and busy, so I imagine it's just a case of a quick scan and walk through. I did have this at at Wembley once but it was far easier as the turnstiles are enclosed so-to-speak.

I was thinking more however of the fellas at the base of the staircases, that manually scan your tickets before you wander up to the bag check and turnstiles.
No idea what pops up on their readers, but presume it gives a green light if the card is loaded and maybe an indication of what kind of ticket is on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back