• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I think they’re both good players, it’s just the whole thing has gone bezerk and needs to calm down. I like Maguire, would be a good Verts replacement but 80m!

Again I have to disagree, never have I watched Dunk and thought "good player".

£80m for Maguire is massively over priced, but its Utd and thats what they do, and he is a very good player (not £80m good) and so my reaction is a resigned shrug of the shoulders at the insanity of the market.

£45m for Dunk is batbrickcrazybonkerstown, and Brighton will be tinkling themselves laughing at Leicester paying out that sort of cash for him.

Did you know he is only 27? I was convinced he was mid 30s :eek::D (Incidentally Duffy is the same age and I also thought he was close to retirement!)

Unless Leicester are option to play a backs to the wall counter attacking system (unlikely with Rodgers) I dont see how he will even suit them to be honest.

He’s a great backs to the wall, siege type defender. Wins everything in the air and has good defensive instincts. They are only spending 40m because they have 80m for Maguire. Tielemans and Dunk for Maguire isn’t the worst business for me.

Thats my point - does that sound like a Rodgers team dynamic to you?

If I were to put Dunk in an optimum position, it would be that kind of set up (which screams lower down the table IMO), but I dont think thats Leicester at all.

I just dont think he is particularly good, and £45m is huge money regardless of what you have to spend - cant help thinking they could/should do better for that.

Transfer fee's are overrated. They bare little relevance when the chest isn't in danger of running dry. It's taken 2 weeks for the Ndombele fee to look good value and he hasn't played a game yet.

I am.

VVD was massively over priced, and is massively over hyped.

He did a decent job last year, but he isnt the second coming he is painted as and I certainly dont think he represents value for money.
From the performances I saw of his last season for Liverpool, he looked like one of the best center halves I have ever seen. Strong, fast, calm, positionally excellent, good in the tackle, good decision making, decent enough on the ball. Not sure what else you want from a center half than what he offers?

Again I have to disagree, never have I watched Dunk and thought "good player".

£80m for Maguire is massively over priced, but its Utd and thats what they do, and he is a very good player (not £80m good) and so my reaction is a resigned shrug of the shoulders at the insanity of the market.

£45m for Dunk is batbrickcrazybonkerstown, and Brighton will be tinkling themselves laughing at Leicester paying out that sort of cash for him.

Did you know he is only 27? I was convinced he was mid 30s :eek::D (Incidentally Duffy is the same age and I also thought he was close to retirement!)

Unless Leicester are option to play a backs to the wall counter attacking system (unlikely with Rodgers) I dont see how he will even suit them to be honest.
Dunk is a decent defender for teams who want to play deep and defensive I think. He is physical and defends the penalty area well. He would’ve suited Ranieri’s title winning Leicester perfectly I think, not sure about Rogers’ new more attacking team though?

From the performances I saw of his last season for Liverpool, he looked like one of the best center halves I have ever seen. Strong, fast, calm, positionally excellent, good in the tackle, good decision making, decent enough on the ball. Not sure what else you want from a center half than what he offers?

What can I say, I see him making some basic defensive contributions - the sort you would expect of any defender, hear commentary (and post game comment) about how his play was incredible and world class, and wonder whether or not I was watching the same player/game.

I cant help thinking were he not at Liverpool, and not £75m, if there would be such hype around him. Or if people would say "He's a decent player" and leave it at that.

Dunk is a decent defender for teams who want to play deep and defensive I think. He is physical and defends the penalty area well. He would’ve suited Ranieri’s title winning Leicester perfectly I think, not sure about Rogers’ new more attacking team though?

Thats my thinking, though Ive never been impressed particularly by him he seems a very "basic" defender. Brighton were also a very tight defensive unit as a team, chalk and cheese to a Rodgers set up IMO.

I am.

VVD was massively over priced, and is massively over hyped.

He did a decent job last year, but he isnt the second coming he is painted as and I certainly dont think he represents value for money.
So the fact that after he came to Lollerpool and got a chance to bed in they went from shaky at the back to the best defense in the PL means nothing? Or the fact that he won PFA player of the year? Or the fact that he is widely considered as the best CB out there right now by most experts?

All I can say is... wow! o_O

So the fact that after he came to Lollerpool and got a chance to bed in they went from shaky at the back to the best defense in the PL means nothing? Or the fact that he won PFA player of the year? Or the fact that he is widely considered as the best CB out there right now by most experts?

All I can say is... wow! o_O

I'm with you, he is a top drawer centre half. I was at anfield last season when we lost 2-1, was sat in row 3 and he is a beast up close. He also organises their back 4. Good in the air, athletic, reads it well. If he was playing for us we would all be purring over him.

Given the very strong rumours suggest that he earns €600k per week, the wages part of that just isnt credible. No way that we'd bring in a new top earner on c.€300k given the knock-on implications on other contract negotiations. The fee bit possibly is more credible even though signing a 30 year old isn't our typical approach, and assuming that part of the fee was performance reltaed

Like your dad buying his 1970s sports car back, before realising that it uses oil quicker than petrol and the head gasket goes after 20 miles

well then ...were get the guy from wheeler dealers to sort him out!

anyway we should have brought him in last season.. as I said........:confused:

Back