• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I think Trump is so emboldened right now that he might do anything. Just three weeks ago there was a 22nd claim against him - a credible rape claim - that just withered on the vine. And the Democrats, headed by Pelosi in the House, do nothing.

As for the economy, it’s not doing better than under Obama, but that doesn’t matter as Trump takes credit for it. And last election 100,000,000 eligible voters didn’t vote. Ugh, it’s awful here and Britain is about to get a taste of having a malignant, lying, racist, narcissist in charge. Voted in by 160,000-ish Conservative party members.

Thank goodness we have football and Spurs!
The whole thing is utterly amazing. Imagine the craziness that will erupt in the weeks just after, if he looses the election. He'll try everything to nullify the election and stay in power. His freedom will depend on remaining in office.

Pelosi and the rest of dem leadership are like rabbits in the headlights. They are paralysed with fear.

Who of the dem presidential candidates do you like?

I thought the whole joke with Trump was that he wanted the attention of the election, but not to actually win it?

Is it that obvious he would want a second term? Im not sure Id expect that.

I thought the whole joke with Trump was that he wanted the attention of the election, but not to actually win it?

Is it that obvious he would want a second term? Im not sure Id expect that.
Yes I don't think he expected to win, nor did anyone really, and joked it would be the biggest infomercial in history. However he wasn't one deciding the outcome.

As for a 2nd term, being president is the only thing that is stopping him being indicted. It may be a 2nd term or prison.

Do you think if he ever gets charged with something in the future that his MAGA supporters will turn on him and move on to the next Republican, or will they say it's fake news blah blah and that culture will be here to stay?

Got to win it or there is a very good chance what comes next locks him up is the common reasoning.
With the current dem strategy he will win again. They are totally botching it, again.

I'm sure I have said it in this thread before but the dems needs to be on the offence every single day with every weapon that they have - supeonas, impeachment investigations, full on daily media blitz, marches, tiki torches (maybe not that). Whatever!!! Attack from every angle. The current strategy of tut-tutting his actions is beyond pathetic and Trump interprets it as weakness. A malignant narcissist like Trump will only respond to power and strength. He has no better nature to appeal to and will keep pushing the boundaries until someone pushes back.

...despite which he still lost.
Sure, he lost the popular vote by 3 million-ish votes. The sad thing is that the USA is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic with an electoral college which decides who the winner is.

With the current dem strategy he will win again. They are totally botching it, again.

I'm sure I have said it in this thread before but the dems needs to be on the offence every single day with every weapon that they have - supeonas, impeachment investigations, full on daily media blitz, marches, tiki torches (maybe not that). Whatever!!! Attack from every angle. The current strategy of tut-tutting his actions is beyond pathetic and Trump interprets it as weakness. A malignant narcissist like Trump will only respond to power and strength. He has no better nature to appeal to and will keep pushing the boundaries until someone pushes back.
The Democrats who control the overall party strategy (Pelosi/Schumer) are a joke. You are spot on - they need to be aggressive in putting out their ideas and unrelenting in highlighting the kleptocratic, authoritarian rabble that is laying the potential groundwork for long term, far right rule (even further right than there has ever been here, which is saying something).

They need to properly de-legitimize his Presidency based on how he invited, encouraged and accepted foreign interference to ‘win’ (via electoral college), so they can kick out his TWO Supreme Court justices and all his lower court lifetime appointments and undo the gerrymandering that will bolster minority rule.

Dems also need to focus on the senate. Mitch McConnell, a confederate flag loving, grandson of a major slave-owner has so much power. Take the senate and the house and then grow a spine and maybe things can change. In the meanwhile, what about Eriksen???

It should be noted that Trump's comments during this event aren't being carried by any of the cable news networks and aren't even being streamed online by @cspan.

Towing the line.

Not so sure about that. I think they're doing quite well at keeping most of the focus on policy and what they can do for the people if elected.

Starting an impeachment process is a double edged sword with a lot of unknowns. If you try to get him impeached and fail, which seems a fairly likely outcome given the state of the senate, you end up on the losing side of that in the perceptions of many. More "total exoneration"spin.

A lot of the voters the democrats need to get out to vote are fatigued with the entire thing I think. Attacking Trump quickly ends up being more noise. Health care, education, climate change, not running concentration camps, these issues are more likely to get people listening and voting I think.

Back