• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Max Aarons

5 years is a long time in football, and he is young enough to develop significantly still, but its bordering on "now or never" time for him IMO.

If Wan Bissaka goes to Utd I would assume Fosu-Mensa will be moving on. Chances are a fresh start, most likely lower level team, will allow him the chance to settle in and build some momentum. Regular games make a massive difference.

Im 50/50 on whether he will make it or not.

I certainly think he can, but in terms of us going for him it would be an absolute gamble - and chances are he wouldnt get the games to grow with us.
I would rather the gamble on KWP, don't think either will work but more confidence in KWP than FM

I would rather the gamble on KWP, don't think either will work but more confidence in KWP than FM

Wouldnt argue with that.

KWP is well versed in our team and system and so of the two has an obvious advantage.

That said, Im yet to be really impressed by him and I think it was telling he barely got a look in last season - even seeing Foyth preferred to him.

Considering the state of Trippier/Aurier thats pretty damning IMO.

Aarons looks like he will blossom into something special. Sounds like they are not interested in selling mind, though as with all things football money changes minds.

Aarons looks like he will blossom into something special. Sounds like they are not interested in selling mind, though as with all things football money changes minds.
Or a buy and loan back. I would pay 25-30m for him and loan him back to Norwich for a year. Will give him time to get his PL legs and I do believe we'll survive with a rotation of Surge/KWP/Foyth at RB, if we get Ndombele and have Sissoko protecting the most vulnerable of the 3 when he plays. Cause if we don't get him now, he'll be in the 50-60m range next season and buh buy.

Or a buy and loan back. I would pay 25-30m for him and loan him back to Norwich for a year. Will give him time to get his PL legs and I do believe we'll survive with a rotation of Surge/KWP/Foyth at RB, if we get Ndombele and have Sissoko protecting the most vulnerable of the 3 when he plays. Cause if we don't get him now, he'll be in the 50-60m range next season and buh buy.

So... for the life of me; why would Norwich accept? They don't have financial problems; the player is not agitating for a move and he has a long term contract. They know that - as you said - the player's value could double by next summer...

So... for the life of me; why would Norwich accept? They don't have financial problems; the player is not agitating for a move and he has a long term contract. They know that - as you said - the player's value could double by next summer...
I'm just saying. Whether Norwich would sell or not is another story.

I like this guy a lot. Not bad defensively and a decent passer of the ball. Would love this signing but Norwich are unlikely to let him go. Could offer them Trippier or Airier in a straight swap.

I like this guy a lot. Not bad defensively and a decent passer of the ball. Would love this signing but Norwich are unlikely to let him go. Could offer them Trippier or Airier in a straight swap.

Whilst we're at it we could also see if they wouldn't mind swapping a tenner for a fiver.

Damn shame that Aurier has broken down again after a few games and Trippier, don't see him moving down to that level even after the season he's had.

Was reported they had a £20m budget this summer. Dont know that its true, but I do know they run a tight ship, take no chances, never spend beyond their means, so I tend to believe it.

They could literally double that budget in selling Aarons.

That could allow them to do the business that helps keep them up come the end of the season.

Was reported they had a £20m budget this summer. Dont know that its true, but I do know they run a tight ship, take no chances, never spend beyond their means, so I tend to believe it.

They could literally double that budget in selling Aarons.

That could allow them to do the business that helps keep them up come the end of the season.
Tbf they have more chance of staying up keeping their best players. I dont know how much you saw of Norwich last season but they were really impressive and Ive no doubt they will hold their own in this league if they keep their first team and make a couple of clever additions. Fulham proved that spending a load of money wen promoted doesnt mean anything, and Norwich would be better served keeping their best assets at least for first season back in the PL as they are unlikely to entice better quality and would be signing unproven players which would be more risky.....

I think they are a lot like Fulham, a very good attacking side that rides their luck at the back and could well find the step a very difficult one as Fulham did.

Personally Id rate them 50/50 to stay up right now.

As yo know, £20m really doesnt go that far these days. It could be that Farke feels he can cover Aarons and £40m is much more like it.

Could be we send them KWP on loan in return. Could be the other RB they have can step up (believe he is well rated).

Point being, its not as simple as just "keep your best players", IMO.

Spurs have shown that.

If they get relegated, then he sells for 40-50 million. They don't want to be in the situation that Fulham are in with Sessegnon.

It would make sense but when was the last time someone extended his contract and left the club in the same window?
Rarely happens.
They aren’t going to sell him this summer, it’s just pipe dream stuff on here. He will give them at least this season....

Because when they get relegated at the end of the season, he'll want to stay in the PL, and no-one will pay more than £30m for a Championship full back.
Not really a subject anymore, with him signing a new deal.

Back