• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

What are some examples of loan deals working well like that for teams in or around the top four in the big leagues? Not trying to be snarky, genuinely wondering.
I'll have a think:)

I think the reasoning overall is sound though given the points made in my post.

I think our transfer policy has moved on to signing players that are starting XI players. Of course that could be because a player leaving is a starting XI regular so we need to keep the level up.

The other just as important change is to up the level of our weakest squad members and that's where the loan system can help.

What may help (as there has been a reluctance for some targets to join us on loan) is once they're here, with the training facility, the stadium and Poch it might just 'wow' a few players beyond what they thought?

Just to add...City, Utd, Chelsea don't necessary need loans, as in, they can sign failures and it doesn't really matter to them.

This time of year always makes me wish I was a fly on the wall in Levy's office. I would love to know what (if anything) actually happens. I don't mean specific deals, more that I would like to know what the general atmosphere and MO is for Levy and crew.

Danny Rose is the surprise name on a list of Tottenham players who are available this summer to help pay for the club's new stadium and record signing Tanguy Ndombele.

Chairman Daniel Levy wants to help manager Mauricio Pochettino rebuild his squad at White Hart Lane on the condition that some of his existing players leave at the right price.

Rose, considered one of Tottenham's best players in their Champions League final defeat to Liverpool in May, is on a list been given to other clubs alongside Kieran Trippier, Serge Aurier, Victor Wanyama, Vincent Janssen, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Josh Onomah and Marcus Edwards.

Though Spurs don't expect to sell all of them, they need to raise funds to chase further targets without losing their crown jewels of Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen.

It also signals that Welsh international Ben Davies would be considered as the team's first-choice left back. He is close to agreeing a new five-year deal to stay at the club.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-players-available-Spurs-finance-stadium.html

I lost count of the number of disagreements I've had about Beckham, Darren Anderton was a much better player in virtually ever area of the game, but he never had the PR team pushing his career or the media creating the "sicknote" agenda, when you look at Darrens' record it's better than Bryan "Captain Marvel" Robson in terms of fitness and games, but he never played for United.

He'd be decent as a backup. Not sure whether he's got the right attitude to play under Poch as a second fiddle though.
His attitude isn't good enough for West Ham.....

(I'm assuming, of course, they are not getting rid because his attitude is too progressive)

I lost count of the number of disagreements I've had about Beckham, Darren Anderton was a much better player in virtually ever area of the game, but he never had the PR team pushing his career or the media creating the "sicknote" agenda, when you look at Darrens' record it's better than Bryan "Captain Marvel" Robson in terms of fitness and games, but he never played for United.

tickle my balls with a feather.

This time of year always makes me wish I was a fly on the wall in Levy's office. I would love to know what (if anything) actually happens. I don't mean specific deals, more that I would like to know what the general atmosphere and MO is for Levy and crew.

He's not a 'kiss and tell' type, but could you imagine a Levy autobiography? Never going to happen you suspect, but he must have some fascinating anecdotes.

Back