• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

The way I see it is if he signs again, we've signed a £100mil player. It is as simple as that for me. If he was playing for another team we'd be tossing ourselves silly over signing him. Players like Eriksen don't come along every day.

Sense at last, i despair about our supporters who question just how good this guy is.

skysports-christian-eriksen_4688155.jpg

He is a very good player and he has been greatly responsible for our recent improved league position, but in saying that, the man is pretty weak! He never shows up in the big, big games. A bit of a flat track bully. If he played test cricket his name would be Graeme Hicks

Last edited:
He is a very good player and he has been greatly responsible for our recent improved league position, but in saying that man is pretty weak! He never shows up in the big, big games. A bit of a flat tack bully. If he played test cricket his name would be Graeme Hicks

Well he is no Joey Barton for sure, but all this talk about him being a flat track bully is ( imo) a load of gonad*s.

Well he is no Joey Barton for sure, but all this talk about him being a flat track bully is ( imo) a load of gonad*s.

Can you name one big game where he has dominated? I'm saying this as someone who recognizes the guy's ability, but I just don't see him shining, or even succeeding at a team Like Real. He will get eaten up there. P.S. that was the worst straw man argument re Joey Barton, I have read in a long time, it made me chuckle.

Can you name one big game where he has dominated? I'm saying this as someone who recognizes the guy's ability, but I just don't see him shining, or even succeeding at a team Like Real. He will get eaten up there.

We have been around the houses with this before mate, if i remember last time we agreed to disagree. And yes i have seen him play well against the so called big boys but as i have said we will not agree over him. :)

We have been around the houses with this before mate, if i remember last time we agreed to disagree. And yes i have seen him play well against the so called big boys but as i have said we will not agree over him. :)

We only disagreed because I said he was a weak sister physically, but not concerning his ability to show up in the games that matter. BTW, I have agreed with you, in that he is technically a great player and he has improved us.

We only disagreed because I said he was a weak sister physically, but not concerning his ability to show up in the games that matter. BTW, I have agreed with you, in that he is technically a great player and he has improved us.

I don't think that anyone can dispute that technically he is excellent. He does score important goals on ocassion too. However he lacks physical strength and aggression. As a former Spurs player once said to me,
"he's not bad, but you wouldn't want him next to you in the trenches". I think he'll be sold tbh. Daniel won't risk him going for nothing next summer

I don't think that anyone can dispute that technically he is excellent. He does score important goals on ocassion too. However he lacks physical strength and aggression. As a former Spurs player once said to me,
"he's not bad, but you wouldn't want him next to you in the trenches". I think he'll be sold tbh. Daniel won't risk him going for nothing next summer
Nice back-handed compliment, that. Majority of the world's most creative players you probably wouldn't want beside you in the trenches. That said they're probably too busy helping make the top clubs tick.

The very reason RM are after him no doubt.

But perhaps you hanker after 1970s football when it was all about hacking the other lot down?

The Flat Track Bully thing. Would love to see his stats against the rest of the top 6 and v the rest of the premier league. for me he does go missing in the really big games. I would day he has a few against United but they are currently the lower end of the top 6. I remember the goal up at the Etihad v City, Oh and the long ranger dipper v Chelski away. So Im starting to think that tag is not fair myself.

The Flat Track Bully thing. Would love to see his stats against the rest of the top 6 and v the rest of the premier league. for me he does go missing in the really big games. I would day he has a few against United but they are currently the lower end of the top 6. I remember the goal up at the Etihad v City, Oh and the long ranger dipper v Chelski away. So Im starting to think that tag is not fair myself.

Yeah I'm really talking about semis and finals and games that cement a top four position rather than just matches against the top six per se.

Nice back-handed compliment, that. Majority of the world's most creative players you probably wouldn't want beside you in the trenches. That said they're probably too busy helping make the top clubs tick.

The very reason RM are after him no doubt

But perhaps you hanker after 1970s football when it was all about hacking the other lot down?

I don't see RM or anyone rushing in with a bid right now. I've always said he would be suited to a league where tackling isn't required. Nothing back handed about what I said. Reasonable player, lacks balls. I cant wait to see him gone personally. Whilst I enjoyed football in the 70's I've no wish to return to the days of violent play. I do however like to see people tackling and getting stuck in within the laws of the game.

I want him to stay. But if he wants to leave them I am ok with that also. Maybe he could sign a new contract that stipulates we will let him talk to a certain 3-4 clubs if they match our estimation. That way he can knuckle down with us and we wont lose him for Free in 6 months. I get the feeling this is going to be a Ramsey thing. he will wait until jan then sign for someone on a free and get a fat wage in return. Juve love freebies. So I can see him going there for sure. Or even Madrid.

So I guess you also wanted Son gone a couple of seasons back when he made it known to Poch he wanted out.

"I came close to leaving," he told Standard Sport. "I went to the gaffer's office and told him I didn't feel comfortable and wanted to leave for Germany."

Fortunately Poch talked him round and look what happened. :D

Son had only been with us for one season. This comments to me show a man who was just struggling to adjust to life in this country and settle in. Eriksen has been here 6 years and wants a new challenge. Bit of a difference. He’s one of the most talented midfielders in Europe but I don’t want players at the club who don’t 100% want to be here.

I think @billyiddo summed it up very nicely, he’s a player who thrives with other top players around him to help share the load so to speak. He’s not the player to carry a team or to dominate the biggest games of the season. I also think it’s a problem that we rely so heavily on him.

Replacing him will be tough but we’ve sold better, more high profile players and recovered from it eventually. The last time we sold a real star player was Bale and it set us back a couple of years but Eriksen isn’t at that level IMO.

Sense at last, i despair about our supporters who question just how good this guy is.

Thats a very good find. I hope he signs a new deal and stays, but dont think he will. Certainly don't want him leaving for free next summer as that's a big pile of cash down the drain, so perfectly fine if we sell him, even for £70m - £80m, and then buy Lo Celso or whoever as a replacement. I think he's worth more than that, however it doesnt seem like there are multiple buyer or that RM are overly desperate for him like they were for Hazard, so might have to accept a lower fee

can't say i have seen anyone ever say he isn't a great chance creator.

Mesut Ozil would no doubt be second for each of those categories and that itself highlights quite well that you can't just base things on some cherry picked stats.

Can you name one big game where he has dominated? I'm saying this as someone who recognizes the guy's ability, but I just don't see him shining, or even succeeding at a team Like Real. He will get eaten up there. P.S. that was the worst straw man argument re Joey Barton, I have read in a long time, it made me chuckle.
He's been running the show in all our good games against City in recent years, he was bloody good at Juventus away, was fantastic in both games vs Real Madrid. I could go on all day. He's a fantastic player, and like every player, he has the occasional off game.

Where was Messi at Liverpool? He ran the show one week earlier.

Back