• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The idea of dividing Spurs fans into those who approve of Levy and those who don't doesn't sit well with me, at all.

Also calling people out individually for their views is pretty low in my mind. It's a form of goading we'd be better off without.

We all support the same bloody team, our chairman is pretty bloody good compared to most out there. Is he perfect? No.

Let's try and remember that we're all Tottenham before trying to drive a wedge between supposed 'factions' in our fanbase.

Funny that you refer to the usual suspects... Do you see yourself as one of the usual suspects on the other side of this conversation?

giphy.gif

:p

More seriously, no. Because this is a separate topic, only tangentially related to our chairman and owner. More of a question of the nature of football itself - as I pointed out.

On the subject of our chairman, yes, I have my views, which they disagree with me on. And that argument takes the same form every time, so yes, definitely part of the dynamic there. ;)

How can you not fudging love this guy?

Levy told Ndombele and his representatives they “could not leave until he has signed with us.” Lequipe also mention he was fielding calls with Betis regarding Lo Celso whilst negotiating the contract of Ndombele

Levy was fielding calls from Real Betis to negotiate a transfer for Giovani Lo Celso whilst in talks with Tanguy Ndombele over personal terms on his six-year contract worth up to £200,000-a-week.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...uy-ndombeles-final-36-hours-as-a-lyon-player/

Levy told Ndombele and his representatives they “could not leave until he has signed with us.” Lequipe also mention he was fielding calls with Betis regarding Lo Celso whilst negotiating the contract of Ndombele

Levy was fielding calls from Real Betis to negotiate a transfer for Giovani Lo Celso whilst in talks with Tanguy Ndombele over personal terms on his six-year contract worth up to £200,000-a-week.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...uy-ndombeles-final-36-hours-as-a-lyon-player/

The fella is a genius. It seems strange to say this but perhaps he's a bit too big picture focussed at times. However, what he's done for our club, sustainably, is absolutely incredible. I'd really love to see him get a bit more love at games because he keeps a very low public profile but deserves all the credit in the world.

I'd just love to see him in a negotiation too. He comes across as fairly mild mannered and softly spoken in the few interviews he does but he obviously is an absolute ball breaker when it comes to thrashing out deals.

Levy, also took one other call yesterday ...

D-f52ymXsAUk4-d.jpg

Only kidding Levy Luvvies...I love him too!!

The fella is a genius. It seems strange to say this but perhaps he's a bit too big picture focussed at times. However, what he's done for our club, sustainably, is absolutely incredible. I'd really love to see him get a bit more love at games because he keeps a very low public profile but deserves all the credit in the world.

I'd just love to see him in a negotiation too. He comes across as fairly mild mannered and softly spoken in the few interviews he does but he obviously is an absolute ball breaker when it comes to thrashing out deals.

I think he has to be big picture, the difference in 5m on a fee is a players wages for the year at 90k so unless you are City or United its huge for us and better for Poch if he is like that.

I watch the Football year on Sky and you see where we were in the 90s and the clubs we were behind and where they are and we are, its actually insane the progress we have made, people bemoan his model but its got us in the big boys club and now we can sustain it to the point where Lewis and Levy die tomorrow the club can run itself and thats the acid test for most business.

The guy is the best in the business, and again the best part.....he never gets seen, never takes the PR.....

I think he's been able to do what he's done for the club in part because of his big picture focus. I see no reason to think being less big picture focused would have been better.

I think he's been able to do what he's done for the club in part because of his big picture focus. I see no reason to think being less big picture focused would have been better.
Exactly. He has a grand plan, with a long horizon, the kind of time horizon that NEVER plays out in the football world.

He keeps his head down, never says much BUT in the background is making, at bare minimum, solid decisions.

I think hes lucked out with his perfect partner in Poch. And I am in no way saying that Levy wouldn't have got us to where we want to go without Poch, it's just beautiful the way it's happened...and he deserves that.

The stadium delivery is a massive tick in his to do list, and surely the weight (and wait:)) of delivering that was monumental pressure. Now that's delivered he can give focus to the commercial ramping up and the coaching staff and squad development.

I truly think he loves the club and being our chairman...and after building the glorious infrastructure he wants to see the team be glorious again, a real dominating force....it's that that will complete his legacy.

Back