• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Wanyama and Sissoko hopefully.

A pool of Winks, Dier, Ceballos, N'Dombele and Lo Celso is light years ahead of what we had last season.

While I am happy to see the back of Wanyama I think Sissoko could still be an important part of our squad even if he is not starting. N'Dombele will not be able to play every minute of the season and Sissoko's combative nature in midfield has proven this season to be important.

So I would rather a pool of Winks, Dier, Sissoko, N'Dombele and Lo Celso.

Also it would not surprise me if Dier spends time in central defense, especially if someone signs Toby for £25m at the end of July.

Either way I really do not want us to consider the likes of Ceballos without Tanguy Ndombele

I don't know what to think.

And I don't mind forthrightly saying so, either.

So there.

I'm going on holiday soon. To a pristine, clear Canadian lake where sits a humble but adorable cottage, high above the verdant, timbered shoreline, not far from spectacular pink granite cliffs we jump off into deep, cool water. We'll canoe and canoodle. Even canoodle in the canoe as lovestruck Canucks do.

I really won't give a monkey's about CE, LoCel, Dombel, Spurs or football in general or whatever frothy speculation is being whipped up by a desperate media.

I won't. And I won't care that I don't. I'll've surrendered myself to absolute pleasure - good food, good wine, good company.

But I'll be back. And I'll get back to the caring, cursing, craving and clawing away at the scabs of concern that supporting Spurs creates. In Poch I trust. Levy even moreso.

Have a great summer one and all.

I don't know what to think.

And I don't mind forthrightly saying so, either.

So there.

I'm going on holiday soon. To a pristine, clear Canadian lake where sits a humble but adorable cottage, high above the verdant, timbered shoreline, not far from spectacular pink granite cliffs we jump off into deep, cool water. We'll canoe and canoodle. Even canoodle in the canoe as lovestruck Canucks do.

I really won't give a monkey's about CE, LoCel, Dombel, Spurs or football in general or whatever frothy speculation is being whipped up by a desperate media.

I won't. And I won't care that I don't. I'll've surrendered myself to absolute pleasure - good food, good wine, good company.

But I'll be back. And I'll get back to the caring, cursing, craving and clawing away at the scabs of concern that supporting Spurs creates. In Poch I trust. Levy even moreso.

Have a great summer one and all.
Part timer

Sounds great - best wishes to you and yours, mate. :)

I can't stop chuckling at your description of summer lakes, though - because I went up to some past Thunder Bay at around this time last year for work-related reasons.

For those unaware, the picture @greatwhitenorf paints is of an idyllic, serene Canada that definitely exists - *south* of the 49th parallel. The lakes here are beautiful reflections of divinity, under the limitless blue skies of a gentle Canadian summer.

But don't ever plan romantic summer laking getaways in Northern Ontario. Because over there lie murderous swarming clouds of blackflies that blot out the horizon, and that think nothing of eating your very soul. :p

Reactions: DTA
I concur.

But the likelihood of that happening is low due to the time left.

That’s a lot of ins and outs

Its June 20th, for many players the season hasnt even finished yet thanks to Internationals, and I do believe Poch is on holiday for another week or so as well (reportedly at least).

Its hardly like its the first week of August...

We would be talking about 3 in and 3 out (1 in and 1 out in the same deal), I dont actually think its crazy to consider it possible.

The transfer window is still open for another couple of months almost. How much time do we need?!

To buy a player normally a day

To integrate them... 6 months

To keep fans happy... about 1 minute

As someone said most players are either playing still or on holiday, and so are most managers

Things happen once their back

The only people who don’t have time off are the gutter press who need to sell column inches

Its June 20th, for many players the season hasnt even finished yet thanks to Internationals, and I do believe Poch is on holiday for another week or so as well (reportedly at least).

We would be talking about 3 in and 3 out (1 in and 1 out in the same deal), I dont actually think its crazy to consider it possible.

Wanyama, Janssen, Nkoudou is three we need out before any squad upgrades/changes.

Potentially Tripppier/Sissoko (as you mentioned) Toby, Christian.

Plus any surprises - eg Rose/Dier

Wanyama, Janssen, Nkoudou is three we need out before any squad upgrades/changes.

Potentially Tripppier/Sissoko (as you mentioned) Toby, Christian.

Plus any surprises - eg Rose/Dier

I was thinking in terms of actual main business.

Eriksen/Wanyama/Sissoko out, Ceballos/LoCelso/NDombele in is a net 0 game, not other moves required to accomodate them.

I think they would also form the core of our "upgrade" this summer.

Janssen/NKoudou etc are incidentals really.

Anything else there after would be opportunistic. If an upgrade is available on Trippier then lets do it (another one in one out) but would most likely be later in the day anyway.

The biggest problem we had last season was our midfield. Nearly all issues stemmed from there. Fix that (and this sort of overhaul should certainly do so!) and we are in really good shape.

I was thinking in terms of actual main business.

Eriksen/Wanyama/Sissoko out, Ceballos/LoCelso/NDombele in is a net 0 game, not other moves required to accomodate them.

I think they would also form the core of our "upgrade" this summer.

Janssen/NKoudou etc are incidentals really.

Anything else there after would be opportunistic. If an upgrade is available on Trippier then lets do it (another one in one out) but would most likely be later in the day anyway.

The biggest problem we had last season was our midfield. Nearly all issues stemmed from there. Fix that (and this sort of overhaul should certainly do so!) and we are in really good shape.

I agree on the midfield, however how much of that was caused by someone having to baby sit the right back?

Reactions: DTA

I can see why people might be a bit put out though, Poch included. It doesn’t look like a Liverpool summer of paying the asking price (and getting mildly extorted) very early in the window. To be honest it looks very much like a usual Levy summer at this stage.

I can see why people might be a bit put out though, Poch included. It doesn’t look like a Liverpool summer of paying the asking price (and getting mildly extorted) very early in the window. To be honest it looks very much like a usual Levy summer at this stage.

I'll give it until early July before deciding, but the signs aren't great.

All the stuff about people being on holiday and there still being two months left are unpleasantly similar to what I heard last summer, and seem a bit pathetic in terms of excuses.

The clubs that are ambitious in the market don't let holidays stop them from getting things done early. Look at Madrid. Look at Bayern. Look at Liverpool last season, in an utterly identical position to ours - they signed Fabinho literally two days after the CL final.

Hell, look at Dortmund. Mats Hummels, Julian Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Nico Schulz and Paco Alcacer, and it isn't even late June yet. £120m spent so far.

If we get players in in time for pre-season, that's still acceptable - so first week of July. Hopefully we can get our act together before then.

If we haven't gotten anyone in by then...well, then it's a usual Levy summer. But not yet.

Given that, as I said, the season isnt even finished for our targets - do you not think thats a bit much?

Come mid-July and people get antsy - I understand.

Now? Seems more like people just looking for things to tinkle and moan about.

Back