• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Report: Tottenham do want Lorenzo Pellegrini, but Milan are challenging them
Tottenham Hotspur are being linked with Roma's Lorenzo Pellegrini.

According to Sky Italia, Tottenham Hotspur are in fact interested in signing Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini – but will have to move quickly to beat AC Milan to his signature.

Pellegrini, 22, hit four goals and seven assists last season, and his performances in the heart of the Roma midfield appear to be attracting major interest.

With Daniele De Rossi and Francesco Totti no longer involved with the club, Roma are losing their homegrown favourites – and Pellegrini could head the same way too.

The Rome-born midfielder, who followed Eusebio Di Francesco back to Roma from Sassuolo in 2017, is now wanted by Tottenham and AC Milan, who are keen to pay his €30million (£27million) release clause.

The reports of Tottenham being keen come after Calciomercato claimed just last week that Pellegrini himself had eyed up a move to Spurs as he wants to play Champions League football, with his agent in London to gauge interest.

It now seems that Spurs are indeed keen on Pellegrini, but with Milan interested too, Mauricio Pochettino and co would have to move quickly to secure the Italian's signature.

Pellegrini played a starring role for Italy's Under-21's on Sunday night, scoring a penalty with great confidence to secure a 3-1 win, whilst anyone would have been impressed with his combination of great athleticism and outstanding technical ability.

Pellegrini has a great all-round game, and if Spurs can't bring in Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso, Pellegrini may emerge as a lower-cost option for Pochettino as he looks to bolster his midfield options.

For some reason I just don't fancy signing anyone from Serie A

Tottenham take first step towards transfer as Mauricio Pochettino presses ahead with plans
TOTTENHAM have reportedly made an enquiry for Eljif Elmas as they look to make their first signing since January 2018.
By JOSHUA PECK
PUBLISHED: 06:01, Tue, Jun 18, 2019

Spurs did not make a signing for the past two transfer windows as they saved funds for their new stadium.

Despite no new additions, they reached the Champions League final and finished inside the Premier League top four.

But with the stadium now complete and in use, manager Mauricio Pochettino is expected to add to his squad.

And Turkish Football claim that Tottenham have made an enquiry for Fenerbahce midfielder Elmas.

It’s reported that Spurs scouted the 19-year-old three times last season and have made Fenerbahce aware of their interest.

Super Lig outfit Fenerbahce have reportedly set a €20million (£17.9m) price-tag on Elmas.

Elmas has three years remaining on his contract while Tottenham are likely to face competition for his signing.

Serie A sides including Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Lazio have all reportedly also contacted Fenerbahce while Borussia Dortmund have held preliminary talks.

La liga outfit Atletico Madrid are also reportedly targeting the midfielder who scored four times in all competitions.

But it might be wise for Tottenham to pursue the signing after Pochettino warned the club he may quit if he is not backed in the market.

“I am not open to start a new chapter with no plan, with no clear idea, with not being transparent, telling you and telling our fans what’s next, what is our objective,” the Tottenham boss recently said.

“I know very well how this business works. And we know very well that we need to operate in a different way – that doesn’t mean to spend more or less money.

“But if we expect every season to be in the final of the Champions League because it is our plan, we need to create a plan.

“And the plan maybe is different to what has happened in the last five years.

“And if we believe that if we operate in the same way that we have operated in the last five years we are going to be every season in the final of the Champions League, and we are going to be every season in the top four and competing against projects like Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project or Manchester United, I think we are very naive.

“If you want to expect the same from Liverpool, from Emirates Marketing Project or Manchester United and Chelsea, and you put the same expectation on Tottenham, and the people expect the same, of course, give me different tools to work.

“If not, I see the people working in the same way, in the future I’m going to be this guy. I am the most stupid person to work.”
Where’s this article from?

I know what you mean, very few actually seem to pay off do they?

I really am struggling of signings from Serie A that have been a success in recent years - Obviously back in the day Vialli, Viera, Zola etc but of recent times? Coutinho, and then I'm struggling. Lamela has been ok but considering the reputation he had in Serie A hasnt really delivered to the promised heights....

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/06/19/andersen-tottenham-transfer-blow-for-arsenal/

Tottenham have been offered the transfer of Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen after a big development in rumours linking him with Arsenal.

According to the Daily Star, the Gunners have decided they cannot meet the 23-year-old’s asking price, which currently stands at around £31.2million.

This is a grim reality check for Arsenal fans, most of whom would feel they need to be aiming for bigger names than Andersen anyway, though even he is out of their reach.

The Daily Star now claim this could give Spurs the chance to pounce and sign Andersen instead, with the north London side likely to be in need of a replacement for Toby Alderweireld this summer.

The Belgian will have a £25m buy-out clause kicking in to his contract this summer, according to the Daily Star, and there’s no doubt Andersen could be a fine replacement for not a huge amount more.

The Dane has shone in Serie A, looking a composed centre-back with great ball-playing abilities – something that should make him a good fit in Mauricio Pochettino’s side.

I really am struggling of signings from Serie A that have been a success in recent years - Obviously back in the day Vialli, Viera, Zola etc but of recent times? Coutinho, and then I'm struggling. Lamela has been ok but considering the reputation he had in Serie A hasnt really delivered to the promised heights....

Found this: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/serie-a/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/IT1

Which is a list of highest transfers, those to the UK (descending order):

Pogba, Alisson, Jorginho, Schevchenko, Veron, Salah, Felipe Anderson, Rudiger, Cuadrado, Torreira, Lamela, Balotelli, Jovetic, Crespo, Zappacosta

A few more hits than I expected, but its not exactly inspiring IMO

Real Madrid make cash-plus-player offer for Neymar
Real Madrid have reportedly made the first move in their bid to sign Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

The Brazil star will leave the French capital this summer if his suitors are able to stump up big money.

PSG have slapped a €300million price tag on his head with Neymar angling for a return to Barcelona .

But Real are also interested and have made an offer of €130m plus either Gareth Bale or James Rodriquez, according to Mundo Deportivo.

ICYMI: Andre Gomes set for Everton in £22m deal
Everton have agreed a £22m fee with Barcelona to sign Andre Gomes on a permanent basis.

The midfielder enjoyed a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last season, prompting competition for his signature.

It’s set to be done before the weekend.

Arsenal 'ready to make transfer bid for Kieran Tierney'
Arsenal are ready to make a bid for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney after Unai Emery convinced the board he would be a shrewd signing, according to reports.

Emery is under pressure to strengthen Arsenal this summer as he looks to return them to the Champions League places this season.

But the Spaniard has small budget to work with compared to the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

Tierney could cost upwards of £20million, but Emery has identified him as his top transfer target this summer and has reportedly made his feelings clear to the Gunners’ board.

The Daily Mail is reporting that Arsenal could make a bid for the Scot in the coming days.

Juventus confident of beating Real Madrid to Paul Pogba
Juventus are confident of beating Real Madrid to re-sign Paul Pogba.

In a twist to the drama surrounding Manchester United ’s record signing the Italian champions are looking to bring back the man they sold to the Reds for £89million in 2016.

Although United have already told Real Madrid that Pogba is not for sale, the Old Trafford giants are willing to do business with any club able to get close to their £150million valuation.

While Real have focused on other targets - the Spanish giants unveiled £49million left-back Ferland Mendy on Wednesday - Juventus have stolen in and believe they have presented themselves as the more attractive option to Pogba.

Napoli eye Ake
Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake is a £35million target for Napoli.

Carlo Ancelotti has the 24-year-old Dutchman in his sights as a potential replacement for Raul Albiol.

The Cherries have slapped a £36million price tag on the head of the defender they signed from Chelsea in the summer of 2017.

But that has so not deterred Napoli who also have Tottenham’s Kieran Trippier - for whom the club are willing to listen to offers - in their sights.

Ancelotti is a big fan of Ake’s versatility and his ability to play the ball out from the back. The Holland international, who can play at left-back as well as centre-back, has 10 caps and played in all 36 of Bournemouth’s games over the past season.

Ancelotti is looking to reshape his side in order to launch a Serie A title challenge to champions Juventus next season.

Ake is also being sought by Ancelotti because 33-year-old Albiol has has been out for the last three months after undergoing surgery on a patellar tendon injury.

Napoli want to ensure they are covered in case he fails to recover ahead of next season or suffers any setbacks.

SAINTS IN TALKS WITH ADAMS

Southampton remain in talks with Birmingham over a deal for striker Che Adams despite seeing their latest bid rejected, Sky Sports News understands.

The Saints have made a number of offers for the 22-year-old that stretch back to the January transfer window - all of which have been knocked back.

The most recent of these was made approximately three weeks ago and was £10m potentially rising to £12m with performance-related add-ons, Sky Sports News understands.

An additional sell-on clause may have made the offer worth a total of £14m, but it was turned down because Birmingham do not want to sell the forward.

Burnley have also been interested in Adams, who scored 22 goals and created four others in the Sky Bet Championship last term as Birmingham finished 17th.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...talks-bruno-fernandes-agent-move-could-force/

Tottenham hold talks with Bruno Fernandes' agent in move that could force Manchester United's hand

Tottenham Hotspur held talks with the agent of Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes this week in a move that could force Manchester United to make a final decision on the Portugal international.

Miguel Pinho is believed to have met with Spurs officials in London on Wednesday as the north London club weigh up a move for the highly regarded 24-year-old.

Tottenham also have a firm interest in Giovani Lo Celso, the Real Betis and Argentina midfielder, and remain hopeful of signing one of those two targets amid serious doubts over the future of Christian Eriksen.

United met with Pinho in London around two months ago but their immediate priority is to strike a deal with Crystal Palace for the England Under-21 right back, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, in what is proving a protracted negotiation, before pressing ahead with moves for midfield targets.

Old Trafford officials are thought to have informed the Fernandes camp within the past fortnight that they needed some more time in order to close a deal for a right back and asked to be kept abreast of any movement on the Portuguese.

But news that Tottenham have stepped up their interest in Fernandes could prompt United into action.

Sporting would doubtless encourage a bidding war and have put an outlandish £70 million price tag on Fernandes, who scored 31 goals in 50 appearances from an attacking midfield role last season, but he is more likely to leave for around £45 million.

United are pursuing both an attacking and a more defensive-minded midfielder, even if Paul Pogba stays, and have scouted a series of targets as well as being offered numerous players in recent months. They could bid for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfielder, Sean Longstaff, although, as of Wednesday, the north-east club had still to receive an approach for the 21-year-old.

United have been focusing their efforts on trying to sign Wan-Bissaka but they have yet to offer Palace the guaranteed £50 million the South London club are demanding in addition to add-ons.

Contrary to reports that a £55 million fee had been agreed, there had still been no agreement reached as of Wednesday night although talks are continuing and a breakthrough is expected soon.

Eriksen’s future remains up in the air, especially while Real explore the possibility of signing Pogba. The Denmark midfielder would be a significantly cheaper option for the Spanish giants in the event Pogba stays at Old Trafford. Eriksen has also been linked with United should Pogba go.

Aurelio de Laurentiis, the Napoli chief, has confirmed they will move for Carlo Ancelotti favourite James Rodriguez.

The Partenopei boss is desperate to have him apparently.

“James Rodriguez is Ancelotti’s wish. I don’t know if we need him 100 percent, but his talent isn’t in doubt,” said the 70-year-old.

“I must help my coach. He wants James and I won’t bat an eyelid, even if he’s very expensive.

Daniel Levy, the Spurs chief, has confirmed they will move for Mauricio Pochettino favourite James Rodriguez.

The Tottenham boss is desperate to have him apparently.

“James Rodriguez is Pochettino’s wish. I don’t know if we need him 100 percent, but his talent isn’t in doubt,” said the 57-year-old.

“I must help my coach. He wants James and I won’t bat an eyelid, even if he’s very expensive.

Daniel Levy, the Spurs chief, has confirmed they will move for Mauricio Pochettino favourite Cheese Room.

The Tottenham boss is desperate to have it apparently.

“The Cheese Room is Pochettino’s wish. I don’t know if we need it 100 percent, but its talent isn’t in doubt,” said the 57-year-old.

“I must help my coach. He wants Cheese Room and I won’t bat an eyelid, even if it’s very expensive.

Daniel Levy, the Spurs chief, has confirmed they will move for an enema.

The Spurs boss is desperate, apparently.

“An enema is Pochettino’s wish. I don’t know if we need one 100 percent, but an enema is an enema,” said the 57-year-old.

“I must help my coach. He wants an enema and I won’t bat an eyelid, even if it’s... well, an enema."

Back