• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

No idea, to be honest.

Havent seen enough of the player to really judge, was just thinking how he fits the profile of our sort of business.

He certainly does. Likewise, not followed too much of him of late but always liked what I saw when he was in top form. I thought he'd suffered a bit through both injuries and holding down a place under ever-changing managers at Real?

Only saw the Bayern v Liverpool game in Munich last season and couldn’t believe how poor James looked (and Bayern in general tbh). He could be another Gotze, or Owen even, great as a kid but just stagnates and then falls away, getting contracts on rep alone.

I deduced all this from 1 game so take with the required amount of salt!

No idea, to be honest.

Havent seen enough of the player to really judge, was just thinking how he fits the profile of our sort of business.

He'll be 28 by the start of the season. I know that's kind of vdV territory.

But Rafa had 8 seasons of tearing up Holland and Germany before it didn't really happen at Madrid (for 2 years)

James in comparison only had 2 top seasons in Portugal and then 1 in France. Then there have been 5 years of it not really happening in Spain or Germany.

SPURS KEEN ON SAKAI

Tottenham are keen on the Marseille right-back Hiroki Sakai, Sky Sports News understands.

However, Spurs do have concerns about signing a player that is 29 years old. The Japan international fits the right-back profile that manager Mauricio Pochettino is looking for, but the club are targeting younger players this summer, preferably under the age of 23.

Pochettino wants to improve both full-back positions, and the club will listen to offers for both right-backs Kieran Trippier and Serge Aurier.

Should Spurs miss out on their ideal replacements, Sakai may become a more serious target towards the end of the window.
Timothy Castagne....right age, get Jan and Toby in his ear.

Entirely possible he wont get any better, I havent once assumed he would.

I only know that he has been a huge talent, great performer, and is available (relatively) cheap.

Ive never made any predictions on the success of buying him, only that its the sort of profile we would take a punt on.

James always struck me as the type of player to find the PL too much hard work

I think he'd be an incredibly risky signing - personally I think he's vastly over-rated, so much so that I'd rather we not spend the money than shell out whatever fee he'd cost

I think he'd be an incredibly risky signing - personally I think he's vastly over-rated, so much so that I'd rather we not spend the money than shell out whatever fee he'd cost
He's a very good player, I'd even say excellent player. In the right system. Our system is imo not the right system for him.

Anyone else worried about the scale of the rebuild which looks to be likely needed? Moving so many players means we'll spend the first half of the season bedding them into our system. By then we could be playing catch up with the goons/Utd and Chavs.

Arsenal and United will both be undertaking squad rebuilds themselves and will be starting from a lower point.

Chelsea won't have Hazard

We'll be playing catchup on City & Liverpool though for sure

Manchester United might be tempted to revive their interest in the Tottenham defender Danny Rose, 28, after the England full-back said he could leave Spurs this summer. (Manchester Evening News)

Arsenal have had a £43m bid for Denmark centre-back Joachim Andersen, 23, and Belgium midfielder Dennis Praet, 25, turned down by Italian club Sampdoria, who want £49m for the pair. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Mirror)

Ajax and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 22, "has his eyes set on the Premier League" and would like to join either Manchester United or Tottenham this summer. (Talksport)

According to France Football, Tottenham Hotspur are looking to raid Monaco for mental coach Bouabdellah 'Bob' Tahri this summer.

Spurs fans are mostly focusing on new recruits to the playing staff, but Mauricio Pochettino may yet look to bring in some off-field additions to aid his side.

It's believed that Spurs are looking to raid Monaco for Frenchman Tahri, who serves as the mental preparation coach under manager Leonardo Jardim.

Other clubs such as Eintracht Frankfurt and Paris Saint-Germain are thought to be keen, but Spurs will be looking to win the race for his services.

Tahri's history is interesting, as he was a middle and long-distance runner, winning a whole host of medals in a glittering athletics career lasting nearly 20 years.

Now 40, Tahri has turned his attention to football, seemingly putting his knowledge of preparing for big race to great effect by preparing players mentally for big games.

Tottenham are often accused of being mentally fragile, and whilst Pochettino's side have put some of those suggestions to bed with their Champions League run, adding Tahri may just help the Spurs squad in a new way.

Tottenham have told Nathan Ake one thing about why they want to sign him

TOTTENHAM have told Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake that they want to sign him as Jan Vertonghen's replacement.

Spurs see Ake as a player who can replace the Belgium international for the long term.

At just 24-year-old, the multi-faceted star has plenty of years remaining at the top level.

Vertonghen, on the other hand, turned 32 in April and has a year remaining on his contract with the north Londoners.

The Sun reported recently that Spurs boss Maurizio Pochettino is a big fan of Ake.

And the losing Champions League finalists are intending to lodge a £40m bid for his services.

According to Football Insider, they've told Ake theY want him to eventually succeed Vertonghen and stay for the long haul.

The former Chelsea and Feyenoord youngster played every game of the Cherries' Premier League campaign last term.

The Netherlands have capped him 10 times and his growing experience and maturity has impressed Spurs.

Anyone else worried about the scale of the rebuild which looks to be likely needed? Moving so many players means we'll spend the first half of the season bedding them into our system. By then we could be playing catch up with the goons/Utd and Chavs.

I don't think its that big.

Starting 11 next season wont be too much different from the CL final imo (lets assume Moura for Son for first 2 games) - give or take 1 or 2 new additions.

Expect other additions to be squaddies and they will all be moved in to the starting 11 when ready/gradually.

It wont be like the post Bale season imo.

I don't think its that big.

Starting 11 next season wont be too much different from the CL final imo (lets assume Moura for Son for first 2 games) - give or take 1 or 2 new additions.

Expect other additions to be squaddies and they will all be moved in to the starting 11 when ready/gradually.

It wont be like the post Bale season imo.

Lloris, Jan, Sanchez, 2X FBs, 3X CM, Son, Dele, Kane, could be as much as 5 new players.

Yes, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela could allow for a little integration time, but fact is we need to upgrade the FBs and CM positions (even if Eriksen stays). Trying another season with Winks & Sissoko plus Davies & Trippier as first choice is just stupid.

UNITED, PALACE INTERESTED IN AARONS

If Crystal Palace sell Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Manchester United, Norwich City right back Max Aarons is their number one target as a replacement.

However, United are ALSO interested in the 19-year-old.

Aarons, who played a key role in Norwich's promotion to the Premier League, EFL young player of the season and also in the Championship PFA team of the season.

Tottenham and Red Bull Leipzig have also been linked with him in recent months.

Back