• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I don't usually pay much attention to the youtube compilations but I was quite impressed at what I saw when watching Lo Celso's.

Looking at the compilation I think he will be a replacement for Eriksen. He looks brave on the ball, carries it well, seems to have nice control, excellent vision and passing ability and also seems to have a good shooting ability. He also seems to be a lot braver in the tackle than Eriksen.

My only reservation is that he looks very one footed and I'm always a little more guarded about one footed players, the beauty of players like Eriksen and Modric is that they can receive the ball anywhere, even when under pressure as they are so comfortable on either foot. Perhaps I am doing Lo Celso a disservice here, but he looks a little bit like Lamela in this respect and players who heavily favour one foot always have a bit less time on the ball as a result.

I really like the compilations that just highlight all involvements from a player in one match, I think the work better in giving a sense of who the player is.

Otherwise I take YouTube videos as a "this is what the player is capable of" rather than "this is what he does 90 minutes every game" which I think people sometimes get carried away with

I don't usually pay much attention to the youtube compilations but I was quite impressed at what I saw when watching Lo Celso's.

Looking at the compilation I think he will be a replacement for Eriksen. He looks brave on the ball, carries it well, seems to have nice control, excellent vision and passing ability and also seems to have a good shooting ability. He also seems to be a lot braver in the tackle than Eriksen.

My only reservation is that he looks very one footed and I'm always a little more guarded about one footed players, the beauty of players like Eriksen and Modric is that they can receive the ball anywhere, even when under pressure as they are so comfortable on either foot. Perhaps I am doing Lo Celso a disservice here, but he looks a little bit like Lamela in this respect and players who heavily favour one foot always have a bit less time on the ball as a result.

Going by stats alone, the only thing that I find unusual about him is that he has twice as many shots as key passes and twice as many goals as assists. Weird for a no.8 / no.10. Just 5 assists this season in 33 starts in La Liga and EL, vs 14 goals. Purely in terms of these numbers, seems more like Alli (of 2-3 seasons ago) than Eriksen. Would love to have all three come next season!

This is not how we negotiate transfers.

Levy will offer them £8m less but chuck Onomah into the mix, let them sweat on that until the last day of the window then offer them the asking price after he’s agreed to join United...

Haha.

Asking price

Nice one.

8.5 million and Onamah

Going by stats alone, the only thing that I find unusual about him is that he has twice as many shots as key passes and twice as many goals as assists. Weird for a no.8 / no.10. Just 5 assists this season in 33 starts in La Liga and EL, vs 14 goals. Purely in terms of these numbers, seems more like Alli (of 2-3 seasons ago) than Eriksen. Would love to have all three come next season!
There strikers are a la Liga journeyman and a guy that failed at Stoke........ not sure he had the tools to work with!

This one worries me a little because of the Copa America. It's quite feasible that Argentina make it through to the finals, so he will be fully focussed on that until mid July. Assuming he has a good tournament (which is likely), we will see Levy trying to haggle over the release clause which Betis will stick to. Even though the rumours are that the player wants to come here, someone else could come in and offer more and he could go elsewhere. I'm not having a dig at Levy on this one as it's a lot of money, but this tournament could ruin this transfer.

Unless it's already been concluded and all parties are waiting until after the tournament (wishful thinking).

. I'm not having a dig at Levy on this one as it's a lot of money, but this tournament could ruin this transfer.

Unless it's already been concluded and all parties are waiting until after the tournament (wishful thinking).

If we do not sign him it has nothing to do with the tournament but everything to do with not not matching the asking price.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-tottenham-have-35-7m-bid-rejected-for-16-goal-star/

Spanish outlet ABC Sevilla have claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have had an offer of £35.7million for Giovani Lo Celso completely laughed off by Real Betis, who want closer to the player’s release clause.

The 23-year-old is being heavily linked with a move to Tottenham and it is believed he is one of the north London club’s main priorities this summer, with Daniel Levy set to open the cheque book for the first time in 18 months.

Already a well-established Argentina international, the former Paris Saint-Germain winger has shone for Betis in the top tier of Spanish football – as well as the Europa League.

Last season, he netted 16 goals in all competitions as well as laying on six assists. Somewhat of a hot head, Lo Celso also picked up 10 yellow cards and one red card throughout the campaign.

It is believed that Spurs have lodged a £35.7million offer for Lo Celso, but Betis have deemed the bid as ‘totally insufficient’. They want something close to his release clause, which is a whopping £89.2million.

TBR’s view
Lo Celso is certainly worth more than the figure Tottenham have offered, given his age and the fact that he has scored 16 goals from the wing.

But whether he is worth a fee close to his release clause is a completely different matter. Indeed, he has huge potential to become one of the best wingers in the world, but at almost £90million, he is expensive.

If Spurs can find a compromise between £50million and £60million, then it would be fair on both sides. But any more than the £60million mark, and Spurs should be looking elsewhere.

So we offer about £35m when he has a release clause of around £80m I do not know if it is true but it is so believable, so Daniel Levy

Do you not negotiate in business then? Do you just pay the asking price in life, every time you buy something? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Spanish release clauses aren't meant to be met. The whole point of them is that they are kind of set at a stupidly high level for that player.

No actually that is not necessarily true, quite often clubs do not release below the release clause, especially when it is a club's most valuable asset. And to be honest, when full backs like Walker went for £50m to seasons ago, and Palace are asking for £50m now do you honestly think you are going to get a midfielder who scored 16 goals and double digits in assists on the cheap? Good luck with that mate.

Back