• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Ok wait, here's a new question in theory.

Real Madrid offer us a straight swap, Eriksen and Bale.

Would you take it?

Feel like this makes the most sense, except not with Bale obviously. Real needs to sell a ton of players, so I wouldn't be shocked to see something like 40 mil plus one of their talented younger central midfielders like Dani Ceballos, Fede Valverde or Kovacic. Also, Ødegaard looks like a monster talent, so maybe him as well?

Think it'll be tough for Levy to get more than 60 million for Eriksen on the last year of his deal, so this could be a deal that suits both parties.

Ceballos we have been linked to a few times. And Isco - though Im not sure he is up for grabs. James Rodriguez makes a fair amount of sense, he is in no-mans-land right now.

Bale only works if they pay his wages too - otherwise I cant see it happening (and am not really in favour myself)

REAL AGREE £88M HAZARD FEE

Real Madrid have agreed a deal in principle worth £88m to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea, according to Sky sources.

The deal will include significant add-ons and Sky Sports Newsunderstands Chelsea wanted around £130m.

Hazard has only 12 months left on his contract and he has told Chelsea he wants to move to Real Madrid.

Chelsea might not be able to sign a replacement due to a two-window transfer ban.

They also say "with significant add ons". He has a year on his deal doesnt he? Sets a precedent I guess.

The Mirror:

Eden Hazard is on his way to Real Madrid after the Spanish giants agreed an initial £88million deal with Chelsea .

In a stunning piece of business for a player out of contract in a years’ time, the Blues could rake in as much as £130m should the 28-year-old Belgian achieve a number of “easily reachable” bonuses.

Hazard will sign a six-year deal at the Bernabeu after spending seven years in London at Stamford Bridge. He is expected to get the no.7 shirt rather than the no.10 shirt currently occupied by Luka Modric.

The former Lille star will be the third signing of Zinedine Zidane’s revamp at Madrid this summer following the captures of Porto defender Eder Militao and Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic.

Hazard’s time at Chelsea has been hugely productive with the playmaker establishing himself as the team’s most important component for several seasons.

Over the past campaign he smashed 16 goals and provided 15 assists, playing a key role in the Blues’ return to the Champions League and their run to the Europa League Final.

Since signing from Lille in 2012, he has lifted the Premier League twice along with one FA Cup and two Europa League titles, the last of which came two weeks ago when he dazzled in the Final against Arsenal in Baku.

It was after that match that he confirmed he was leaving.

"Yes, I think this is goodbye,” he said. “It's time for a new challenge.”

Florentino Perez added an interview with radio station Onda Cero: “I have a feeling that Eden Hazard will be coming this year.

“I am very interested in him coming to Real Madrid and I am very hopeful he will come in. He is one of the greats of the world of football.

“How are we going to talk to a club that is playing a final (the Europa League), we have been trying for several years that Hazard is a Madrid player but we have not yet achieved it.”

Meanwhile Chelsea misfit Alvaro Morata has begged Atletico Madrid to make his loan spell permanent so that he doesn’t have to go back to Stamford Bridge.

Theres the magic Levy number!

If as Nayim says we sell Eriksen and change the way we play then Dele could well step in and replace Eriksen in terms of goals and assists. Dele isnt a playmaker like Eriksen, and I wouldnt go as far as to suggest he is a 'readymade replacement' like that article says - his stints in the deeper role were less than impressive. But played further forward he is proven to have the goals and assists stats to compete with Eriksen and lets not forget he isnt anywhere near his peak yet....
No way. Dele doesnt have the skill set to play like Eriksen.

Can anyone see us enforcing the midfield with Ndombele and getting in another attacker like Sancho

Effectively adding the creativity with both players but solidifying midfield too

No way. Dele doesnt have the skill set to play like Eriksen.
I didn't read that article as suggesting he could, but that he could play in a slightly deeper role and do well there. I think it requires a re-jig of the midfield to keep him back. And he'd still be able to ghost in like a better Fat Frank Lampard.

Probably not but id wager if we had Bale in the starting XI on Saturday over Eriksen we'd have won the game

I have been on and off about whether I’d like him back, but your post has convinced me it could work. Good grief, he’d have terrorized them on Saturday night, him and Kane, Son, Alli interchanging could be great and Winks then becomes even more Modric, cycling to feed them all quickly.

It appears Poch really wants NDombele. Get
him. Now. I think we will be playing slightly differently next season with greater emphasis on pace. It it notable that since Coutinho left, Liverpool do not have a “creative” midfielder in his (Eriksen’s) mould, instead opting for speed, power and obdurate midfielders who can weather storms. I think Fabinho has turned into an excellent buy for them.

I think if Poch gets N’Dombele, he might well be looking at wide players to supplement. Of course he will look to sign some sort of creative player, but I really think we are going to see a shift in style next season.

6 months ago i would have been devastated if he was to leave but now I'm not that bothered, if he stays and we get the midfield to support him then great but if not then meh.

I'm now starting to lean more towards @thfcsteff way of thinking and we will build a fast paced midfield that regains possession quickly and bullies the opposition as opposed to confusing them with how many passes we can make.

Dembele didn't have the passing to replace Modric. You don't need to replace players like for like. I would favour moving back to having our playmaker playing deeper and having more direct options in our forwards.

In this regard I see Winks as vital. He receives, cycles and distributes with pep and verve. In fact, he eclipsed Eriksen for the first-half Saturday, in the end they sort of cancelled each other out even though Eriksen was meant to be playing higher. Poch made the only sub he could in that regard, as getting Eriksen deep next to Sissoko was important (Sissoko was a big loss IMO when he went off).
Our biggest problem is that I think Winks will forever be managing a chronic condition. I have not seen enough of N'Dombele to know if he, too, can cycle like that, but I have to think that he can and is why we will sign the bloke. I have to say, IF there is a chance of getting Bale back (and if Poch wants him) N'Dombele, Bale and another of the manager's choosing would be quite a way to revitalize and recharge our side. Someone here said that had Bale been playing Saturday we'd have won, and I have to say I agree. We were far closer than it felt which makes it more frustrating in hind sight.

Considering getting the ball to the forwards wasn’t the issue, I would suggest if he had played instead of Alli/Kane/Son we would have won.

I think it was.
How many times did we end up going square when someone decided not to take the man on or try to break lines. I understand heat was a factor, and agree that when we did get the match-ups we failed to take advantage, but I think the thought was we would've doubled our chances and I tend to agree. 10% more purpose driving forward and we'd have won.

I think it was.
How many times did we end up going square when someone decided not to take the man on or try to break lines. I understand heat was a factor, and agree that when we did get the match-ups we failed to take advantage, but I think the thought was we would've doubled our chances and I tend to agree. 10% more purpose driving forward and we'd have won.

We managed to break through 3/4 when we had at least the same numbers and Alli played the wrong pass or Sons touch killed the move - his touch was the worst I’ve seen it.

The one by Alli in the first half was the worst - 3 on 3 and plays a pass for a goal kick.

Replace bale with one of those and we would have worked something.

We managed to break through 3/4 when we had at least the same numbers and Alli played the wrong pass or Sons touch killed the move.

The one by Alli in the first half was the worst - 3 on 3 and plays a pass for a goal kick.

Replace bale with one of those and we would have worked something.

Better still, start with Eriksen deep next to Sissoko and have a 4 of Bale/Alli/Son and Kane to ensure double the chances. I think that is the overall point. I would further ponder whether Winks/Sissoko and then that front four would've created more 3 on 3s? We would still have needed a wing-back with more verve on the right (Aurier in this case?). It is obviously a bit of hindsight entertainment.

Yes, that Alli pass was certainly badly "off" but I wish Sonny had been shooting quicker and more decisively as he does when in form and flow.

Better still, start with Eriksen deep next to Sissoko and have a 4 of Bale/Alli/Son and Kane to ensure double the chances. I think that is the overall point. I would further ponder whether Winks/Sissoko and then that front four would've created more 3 on 3s? We would still have needed a wing-back with more verve on the right (Aurier in this case?). It is obviously a bit of hindsight entertainment.

Yes, that Alli pass was certainly badly "off" but I wish Sonny had been shooting quicker and more decisively as he does when in form and flow.

I think the question should have been Moura or Son not Moura or Kane as Son has been since the City game, even longer in the league (since Kane was brought back?)

I don’t think a Sissoko Winks combo is good enough, I think you can play one (Winks ideally) with a N’Dombele - but not together.

Back