• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Bergwijn's agent wants move to Serie A
The agent of PSV star and Manchester United target Steven Bergwijn wants the winger to move to Serie A.

The 21-year-old has impressed this season for club and country, scoring 14 times in the league.

In an interview with Calciomercato his agent, Fulco van Kooperen, commented on Bergwijn’s future: “Bergwijn at Inter or in Italy? That’s what I hope. The market has just begun , its arrival in Italy may occur but at the moment there is still nothing concrete.”

It's because I think he's so talented that I'd expect him to play inverted - i.e. the more cerebral way rather than the pure pace way.

I think it's also easy to forget quite just how young Sessegnon is. He made his debut only a few months after his 16th birthday, so I think it's pretty safe to say that he has quite a lot of time to grow tactically and become more and more versatile. I like him because he has that rare combination of real experience and youth, which will allow Poch to really work with him and help mold him into the player he's going to become while being able to come in and play some games right away... a little like Dele (even tho obv Sess played at a much higher level).

For me, if he wants to come, this is an easy 'yes', and I look forward to watching him grow in our first team.

I’d heard he could perform miracles and has a lot of followers but he’s not great on crosses...
On the contrary - he's great on crosses, you might even say iconic. But he only does them on Fridays, cue the "Jesus - what does he do" threads. And I question his stamina in Poch's regime, he doesn't do sh*t for at least 3 days afterwards.

If we're looking for a backup to Kane, we could do worse than Salomon Rondon on a free. His contract expires in a month, and he's still just 29, Prem proven, and the same sort of battering ram as Llorente - but with added pace.

Thought that myself
Weirdly Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren’t taking him on a perm
He would love to play for a big club too

If we're looking for a backup to Kane, we could do worse than Salomon Rondon on a free. His contract expires in a month, and he's still just 29, Prem proven, and the same sort of battering ram as Llorente - but with added pace.

Ooo I dunno mate, isn’t Andy Carrol available?? :)

Is anyone else getting the feeling the Eriksen to Real deal is wrapped up already and will be announced at the end of the window so that we can get our targets in early, without selling clubs knowing we have a whole heap of cash burning a hole in our pockets?

It’s not based on much, it’s just a feeling I have, seeing all these apparent chunky bids going in for N’Dombele and Lo Celso. I just can’t see our net spend being close to £200m without getting any significant sales in at some point during the window.

Feels a bit like the Bale saga all over again and we’re just delaying it for our advantage.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting the feeling the Eriksen to Real deal is wrapped up already and will be announced at the end of the window so that we can get our targets in early, without selling clubs knowing we have a whole heap of cash burning a hole in our pockets?

It’s not based on much, it’s just a feeling a have, seeing all these apparent chunky bids going in for N’Dombele and Lo Celso. I just can’t see our net spend being close to £200m without getting any significant sales in at some point during the window.

Feels a bit like the Bale saga all over again and we’re just delaying it for our advantage.

If the Le Celso signing happens yes absolutely. And while I rate Eriksen as our best player with Kane, it would not be so bad. Becuase otherwise Eriksen leaves on a free next year. If he's Madrid bound we should get serious cash to reinvest. Would prefer Eriksen to sign a new deal, but if he won't then selling him and buying this lad and Ndombele would be okay. We'd face that same issue of losing top talent and replacing them with younger potential but that is our way. Two steps forward one step back.

Headlines everywhere that Lo Celso wants to come to us, and prefers Spurs to Man U.

Sensible lad. Hopefully it’s true.

It’s not based on much, it’s just a feeling I have, seeing all these apparent chunky bids going in for N’Dombele and Lo Celso. I just can’t see our net spend being close to £200m without getting any significant sales in at some point during the window.

feels like it but you will never know. transfers are a mess with agents being very creative these days, so you'll never know what's real and what's fake news. even when the deal is done, when can only speculate what happened in retrospect, no club would detail the honest truth of the negotiations just like any business deal.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Do your feelings have any sort of track record in such matters? Any sense of what sort of numbers might be involved in the sale? Ever been wrong? If so, how badly?

If it's any comfort, my default outlook is 'haven't the first bloody clue. Would you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?'

And maybe willing to take the same circumstances that Shaqiri accepted in moving to Liverpool. Not likely to start in big matches, but likely to get a decent enough run out and a chance to contribute to a Champions League campaign. I think that's a good call.

Back