• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

Feels like it'll only be Ndombele and Lo Celso IF Eriksen goes TBH. Can't see us spending around 140 mil on two players without getting a huge chunk of the Eriksen money back. However, if we absolutely must wave goodbye to our Danish genius, Ndombele and Lo Celso would help soften the blow a lot. Add a couple full-backs and maybe an auxiliary attacker (Bergwijn, Clarke, etc), and Tottenham 2.0 is looking pretty fudging exciting.

Not as exciting as tomorrow night of course
Reaching the CL final has earned us around £96m - that 1.5 of those paid for.
Add player sales and existing available transfer fund, we should be able to get most of the players want

City have been linked as he's an alternative to their #1 target Rodri. From reading around, Atletico are playing hardball with City and cranking up the price so City are very publicly making enquiries elsewhere to strengthen their bargaining position. Whether or not they have firmed up their interest remains to be seen, but most people think it's a ploy to make the Rodri deal go more smoothly.

Aren’t they looking for a midfield destroyer to replace fernandinho, yet ndombele is more dembele than wanyama I believe.
He looks a bit of both from the vids I have seen. Or maybe half Dembele half Sissoko might be more accurate.

To be honest Lo Celso excites me a bit more. AHe looks a complete player just about to step up to next level

He looks a bit of both from the vids I have seen. Or maybe half Dembele half Sissoko might be more accurate.

To be honest Lo Celso excites me a bit more. AHe looks a complete player just about to step up to next level

Looked a tad one footed to me.

The conetto chap at Lyon ended the season on fire though.

I tend to think players can settle well coming from France. Not always, of course, but the ones with quality generally fit in with relative ease.

I think it also highlights what we miss when Sissoko is playing. Without wanting to get that whole thing started again, his limitations show quite badly when compared to quality players.

I tend to think players can settle well coming from France. Not always, of course, but the ones with quality generally fit in with relative ease.

I think it also highlights what we miss when Sissoko is playing. Without wanting to get that whole thing started again, his limitations show quite badly when compared to quality players.

Hopefully he signs and makes a better impact upon our midfield than Capoue or Stambouli did!

I'm not sure about that. Other than Lloris, has a French league player ever really settled well here? Moura took 6 months to get up to speed, BAE 2 years, Kaboul 3 years. Njie, Nkoudou, Capoue, Stambouli and Aurier (so far) never. Ginola, Sissoko and Malbranque took indirect routes.

Germany seems the most fail-safe route.

I'm not sure about that. Other than Lloris, has a French league player ever really settled well here? Moura took 6 months to get up to speed, BAE 2 years, Kaboul 3 years. Njie, Nkoudou, Capoue, Stambouli and Aurier (so far) never. Ginola, Sissoko and Malbranque took indirect routes.

Germany seems the most fail-safe route.

I was thinking the premiership rather than us directly, and I tend to think the better players do just fine.

Germany is another that is similar. I think those leagues are a bit more physical, play at more of a pace than Spain/Italy/Holland and that seems to set players up well to transition.

Back