• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

And their flight home is 8am Madrid time do they have 7 hours in Madrid airport laying on the floor, feel so sorry for them
And I see that they missed the kick-off too because the coach got lost on way from airport to stadium!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip despite the result, safe flight home mate.

What a joke, I'd be livid about this. Would hope they get a refund.

I think in the future I'd just buy flights in advance of the semi final on a fully/semi flex ticket and then cancel if we lost.

Our flight sat at Stansted for 45 minutes this morning waiting for a set up of steps to turn up so that we could get off

Just what we all needed haha

I think in the future I'd just buy flights in advance of the semi final on a fully/semi flex ticket and then cancel if we lost.
They might get a small amount of compensation if they are lucky

The worst things about this final (in no particular order):
1. The penalty incident
2. Thomas Cook (what I read higher is just ridiculous). Absolute mugs.
3. No big screen footage on fan or festival zones (if I understood properly, because of terrorism issues but ffs: Russia has enough terrorism risks as well and there wasn't a single incident during the world cup. Just special forces should work properly)
4. Entering Obrian pub (felt I can really die in the queue; stood there for nearly 3(!) hours)
5. We lost and it wasn't a spectacular game of football
6. Met 0 ppl from GG. Didn't meet a friend from London who travelled on the coach

I have too many negative emotions now and still can't clear my head up. The most positive and happy moments were at fan zone. Really liked it. Even was shown on TV just before the start of the final build-up - close up, hanging the scarf.

Last edited:
3. No big screen footage on fan or festival zones (if I understood properly, because of terrorism issues but ffs: Russia has enough terrorism risks as well and there wasn't a single incident during the world cup. Just special forces should work properly)

Perhaps they mean the penchant of the Spanish police to attack groups of football supporters enjoying themselves.

The worst things about this final (in no particular order):
1. The penalty incident
2. Thomas Cook (what I read higher is just ridiculous). Absolute mugs.
4. Entering Obrian pub (felt I can really die in the queue; stood there for nearly 3(!) hours)
5. We lost and it wasn't a spectacular game of football
6. Met 0 ppl from GG. Didn't meet a friend from London who travelled on the coach

I have too many negative emotions now and still can't clear my head up. The most positive and happy moments were at fan zone. Really liked it. Even was shown on TV just before the start of the final build-up - close up, hanging the scarf.
Pretty much sums up my feelings too, except I got to the fan zone in the early afternoon and it was already taking an age to get anywhere near the bar (discovered after I’d bought the tokens!). In hindsight should have bought a few cans and took them on with us. It meant I spent most of the afternoon at a small bar a block or so away, until it ran out of beer!
Was a very long day waiting for the 4.55 flight home but now I’ve had a little nap I don’t want to be too negative about it as met a few people without tickets and one who had been scammed (got money back but no ticket) it was a privilege to be able to go to the game.

Yep I'm just gonna book flights and accommodation (usually free cancellation) on a 'just in case' basis in future.

And day trips for finals is a no no. Get there a day or two before...settle in..soak it up...try and relax with none of all that other gonad*s going on.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too, except I got to the fan zone in the early afternoon and it was already taking an age to get anywhere near the bar (discovered after I’d bought the tokens!). In hindsight should have bought a few cans and took them on with us. It meant I spent most of the afternoon at a small bar a block or so away, until it ran out of beer!
Was a very long day waiting for the 4.55 flight home but now I’ve had a little nap I don’t want to be too negative about it as met a few people without tickets and one who had been scammed (got money back but no ticket) it was a privilege to be able to go to the game.
We entered the fan zone for 2nd time at about 2.30 p.m. , just before Spurs legends started to appear on the stage. Easily got at the place about 7-8 metres away from the stage. Just a bit of agility and politeness.

Back