• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of those players were the issue tonight. Our highest priority has to be right back. After that a central midfield ball player and an inside forward who can double up as a centre forward in that order.

Agree on first 2. Last one we have Son then Moura. Will do well to top them on Spurs money.

Hopefully he was a little more aggressive in private.

I don’t mind this kum by yah brick in public but the players need to know what is and isn’t acceptable.

Poch needs to take a look in the mirror though for starting Kane, every time with zero exceptions when Kane comes back from his ankle he plays like a statue for the first two to three games before starting to regain his form, he would have been better off the bench coming on instead of Llorente, the hoof ball to him was never going to work against the Liverpool defence.

It’s just so frustrating because I’m so proud of the lads for getting there and then this.

Liverpool were equally poor offensively. But they got their goals from the penalty and the only half decent chance they had. Can't say the win was undeserved, but margins are small and had we not conceeded that penalty I believe this game would've panned out very differently.

Such a shame the bloody first thing to happen was that pen - which, I'm certain, wouldn’t have happened to every team. If it was Van Dijk and not Sissoko? Well...I'm not 100% sure that it would've been a pen.

Lucky start for Pool, but we were toothless from there. There was plenty time to get that goal to change everything, but we never looked very threatening. That's disappointing. Kane, Dele, Son, Eriksen - we didn't look like we had that quartet up front at all. Salah, Mane and Firminho looked equally poor, but they had that goal. We looked clueless up front with four players who should be able to create a havoc for any defence.

That, I think, is the disappointmemt. We never threatened them at all.

Chins up, lads.

Chins up.

Forget the performance. Forget the loss. Forget the Champions League.

We're Spurs. For almost all of our history, we have been the eternal bridesmaids - the team that falls to its knees in the background as football's winners lift the prizes that matter. The background to football's great stories - the butt of the jokes.

We know what we are. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to us, and never will. We're all still here - it's a tradeoff we made, long before we realized what we were getting ourselves into.

But that is changing.

It is changing, as surely as night follows day.

Today, I was in a bar with 100 Liverpool fans and maybe 10 Spurs chaps. We sang our hearts out, but in the end, it didn't matter. We watched as the Liverpool supporters sang their songs, and we felt the gut punch when the whistle blew.

But we felt it. Time was, we never would have dreamed we could get to feeling it.

And time was, I would be the only Spurs fan in a bar with 99 others, all of whom would mock and jeer. I never minded, but it was a reminder of who we were, all the same.

Today, there were ten, twelve, fifteen, with more stood outside waiting to get in.

And the next time we get here, there will be even more.

The club is changing. The club is growing. And one way or another, the club we knew is being left behind for one that is no longer wholly ours.

With that will come success, will come the arrogance and expectation of succeeding at these pinnacles. You will be there to see it.

But it will take time. And it will hurt, brutally so.

But the club is changing. And we will be back here, soon.

So chin up. Today, tomorrow, and for a long time yet, I will feel like absolute crap, and this will hurt my soul. But I see the change.

We will change, and the hurt will stop. So chin up.

I hope you’re right Dubai. The only thing that can cheer me up now is a season of Bale smashing them in from improbable angles, pulling love heart celebrations left, right and centre

If the ball hadn't hit his hand after hitting his arm pit then it wouldn't have been a pen. We were fudging shocking, thats why we lost.

Poch needs to take a look in the mirror though for starting Kane, every time with zero exceptions when Kane comes back from his ankle he plays like a statue for the first two to three games before starting to regain his form, he would have been better off the bench coming on instead of Llorente, the hoof ball to him was never going to work against the Liverpool defence.

It’s just so frustrating because I’m so proud of the lads for getting there and then this.

I agree on Kane, I said similar in his thread a few weeks back.

I’m not proud of them after that, it undoes the work in previous rounds, and now that I’m in a negative mood I’m thinking the CL run just papered over a pretty bricky league campaign.

I won’t look back on this season as any kind of success.

Liverpool were equally poor offensively. But they got their goals from the penalty and the only half decent chance they had. Can't say the win was undeserved, but margins are small and had we not conceeded that penalty I believe this game would've panned out very differently.

Such a shame the bloody first thing to happen was that pen - which, I'm certain, wouldn’t have happened to every team. If it was Van Dijk and not Sissoko? Well...I'm not 400% sure that it would've been a pen.

Lucky start for Pool, but we were toothless from there. There was plenty time to get that goal to change everything, but we never looked very threatening. That's disappointing. Kane, Dele, Son, Eriksen - we didn't look like we had that quartet up front at all. Ham Salad, Mane and Firminho looked equally poor, but they had that goal. We looked clueless up front with four players who should be able to create a havoc for any defence.

Completely agree

I’m not proud of them after that, it undoes the work in previous rounds, and now that I’m in a negative mood I’m thinking the CL run just papered over a pretty bricky league campaign.

Margins, mate. We're unlucky not win it. Must've won the xg. Pen is correct, but the rules are bent.

I don’t have much to say other than bravo to Rose, Vertonghen, Son, Winks and Lloris who seem to me to give their all week in week out regardless of the occasion or opposition. And also thanks to Lucas for what was an amazing hat trick against Ajax.

Would be sad if any of them left.

Otherwise COYS and we’ll be back.
I have to say this .. you're right Vertongen and Aldervereld as well have been great this season but I think we needed another class defender who could come in and give them a rest occasionally.

To slate Harry Kane or the decision to play him is wrong imho. He is our best player and the one most likely to make things happen. The major problem was he was well shackled by VVD and the players around him were poor. Disappointed Lamela didn't come on. Guess Sissoko's injury put paid to that.

Such a shame the bloody first thing to happen was that pen - which, I'm certain, wouldn’t have happened to every team. If it was Van Dijk and not Sissoko? Well...I'm not 400% sure that it would've been a pen.

Lucky start for Pool, but we were toothless from there. There was plenty time to get that goal to change everything, but we never looked very threatening. That's disappointing. Kane, Dele, Son, Eriksen - we didn't look like we had that quartet up front at all. Ham Salad, Mane and Firminho looked equally poor, but they had that goal. We looked clueless up front with four players who should be able to create a havoc for any defence.

I was actually thinking it might be a good thing, puts the pressure on them having something to defend and we would surely feel aggrieved and respond.

What a fudging idiot I am.

There is not a doubt in my mind this run papered over the cracks of a brick league campaign and we should be thankful to the scum and united that we are in the cl next season imo as opposed to anything we done, I mean 13 loses that’s mid table average and in all honestly there is not many of them that were underserved, it’s a lot our wins that actually were.

But it still don’t change the fact we got to a champions league final, 10 years ago I would have given anything to just play in it, this game was there for the taking.

To slate Harry Kane or the decision to play him is wrong imho. He is our best player and the one most likely to make things happen. The major problem was he was well shackled by VVD and the players around him were poor. Disappointed Lamela didn't come on. Guess Sissoko's injury put paid to that.

Kane has always looked sluggish on his return from injury . Takes him a few games to
get going. Especially in a final. Form player had to start in Moura. His movement is different and would have given them more to think about.

Back