• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

It was amazing. Normally we play long balls up to him without effect. That game everything was sticking. Not least the final goal! Was worth signing him just for that game. He's done well all in all.

I think we just remembered the old Peter Crouch trick - that he can't head for toffee, but anything to his chest (which is higher than most people's head) sticks like glue.

Reports claim West Ham want to raid Liverpool and Tottenham for attacking duo Shaqiri and Llorente
West Ham United are being linked with a double move for Xherdan Shaqiri and Fernando Llorente this summer.

The Hammers are in the market for six players this summer.

Manuel Pellegrini is believed to be targeting two forwards, two midfielders, a defender and a back-up goalkeeper.

West Ham have already been linked with upwards of 40 players this summer.

Premier League duo linked
And now two new reports have credited Pellegrini with a keen interest in Liverpool playmaker Shaqiri and Tottenham striker Llorente.

Jurgen Klopp is willing to sell Shaqiri this summer as he does not fit his tactical style (The Metro).

According to fellow Hammers site Claret & Hugh, West Ham want Shaqiri and must pay the £22.5million asking price to get him.

Take two for Shaqiri?
It comes after the player rejected the Hammers in favour of a move to Liverpool last summer (Football London).

The Sun is also reporting that West Ham want Spurs forward Llorente.

The 34-year-old target man scored eight goals last season but proved increasingly important – and decisive – during Harry Kane’s injury layoffs.

The Spaniard is out of contract at the end of the season.

Ageing striker a better deal than it seems?
And The Sun claims he could walk away on a free in a matter of weeks after Spurs missed a deadline to activate an extension clause in his deal.

Fans will undoubtedly be excited by the potential signing of Shaqiri. Less so about the prospect of Llorente.

But if the Spurs man is signed purely as back-up for a more ambitious striker signing it could prove a sound piece of business.

If Pellegrini was to get both they could well combine to be quite a threat. With Shaqiri’s quality of delivery and Llorente’s aerial prowess it would ensure West Ham retain a threat from set pieces and crosses with Andy Carroll leaving the club.

While I dont think we should keep Llorente, I would be really disappointed to see him tarnish his career with a move there...

Reports claim West Ham want to raid Liverpool and Tottenham for attacking duo Shaqiri and Llorente
West Ham United are being linked with a double move for Xherdan Shaqiri and Fernando Llorente this summer.

The Hammers are in the market for six players this summer.

Manuel Pellegrini is believed to be targeting two forwards, two midfielders, a defender and a back-up goalkeeper.

West Ham have already been linked with upwards of 40 players this summer.

Premier League duo linked
And now two new reports have credited Pellegrini with a keen interest in Liverpool playmaker Shaqiri and Tottenham striker Llorente.

Jurgen Klopp is willing to sell Shaqiri this summer as he does not fit his tactical style (The Metro).

According to fellow Hammers site Claret & Hugh, West Ham want Shaqiri and must pay the £22.5million asking price to get him.

Take two for Shaqiri?
It comes after the player rejected the Hammers in favour of a move to Liverpool last summer (Football London).

The Sun is also reporting that West Ham want Spurs forward Llorente.

The 34-year-old target man scored eight goals last season but proved increasingly important – and decisive – during Harry Kane’s injury layoffs.

The Spaniard is out of contract at the end of the season.

Ageing striker a better deal than it seems?
And The Sun claims he could walk away on a free in a matter of weeks after Spurs missed a deadline to activate an extension clause in his deal.

Fans will undoubtedly be excited by the potential signing of Shaqiri. Less so about the prospect of Llorente.

But if the Spurs man is signed purely as back-up for a more ambitious striker signing it could prove a sound piece of business.

If Pellegrini was to get both they could well combine to be quite a threat. With Shaqiri’s quality of delivery and Llorente’s aerial prowess it would ensure West Ham retain a threat from set pieces and crosses with Andy Carroll leaving the club.

While I dont think we should keep Llorente, I would be really disappointed to see him tarnish his career with a move there...

Shaqiri to West Ham makes no sense at all - he wouldn’t be visible from their stands.

Released by the club (or rather, contract up, I guess). I reckon we should've kept him for another season at least. Did a very good job as a backup striker this season.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1238381

Poor form for the club to mention Vorm has been released but not Llorente, I thought he did a good job as backup. He did miss quite a few easy chances but also on the flipside never got the chance to get a run of games and get up to speed.

Poor form for the club to mention Vorm has been released but not Llorente, I thought he did a good job as backup. He did miss quite a few easy chances but also on the flipside never got the chance to get a run of games and get up to speed.
I'm sure a message is on the way from the club.

It took us a while to figure out how best to use Llorente and while he was not at the top of his game for us, understandable I might add, he certainly had some big moments. Well done and good luck in the future big man. Yellow and blue.

Back