• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/barc...philippe-coutinho-cost-liverpool-21m-9546189/

Barcelona’s decision to sell Philippe Coutinho this summer could end up costing Liverpool over £21m, according to reports in Spain. The Brazil international joined Barca in a £142 million deal from Liverpool in January 2018 but £36m of that fee would come through add-ons. However, Barcelona are now open to selling Coutinho at the end of the season as he has struggled to find his best form at Camp Nou. Despite breaking their transfer record to sign the Brazil international, Barca are reportedly open to offers in excess of €105m (£90m). And according to Mundo Deportivo, if Barca do manage to offload Coutinho it would mean that Liverpool would miss out on a large part of the add-on fees which were agreed.

Had Barcelona won the Champions League this season, Liverpool would have been owed €5m (£4.3m). Liverpool will also be due a €20m (£17.3m) payment if Coutinho makes 100 appearances for Barca. Currently, the 26-year-old is on 74 appearances but could make another two if he features against Eibar and in the Copa del Rey final against Valencia later this month.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ews-Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-cost-millions

Why Barcelona selling Philippe Coutinho this summer could cost Liverpool MILLIONS
BARCELONA selling Philippe Coutinho could end up costing Liverpool millions.
By LLOYD JOHNSON
PUBLISHED: 05:50, Wed, May 15, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:19, Wed, May 15, 2019

Barcelona are considering selling Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian has struggled to win over fans with his performances this season.

The 26-year-old completed his move from Liverpool to Spain in a £142million deal in the 2018 January window, but only £105m (€120m) of the money was paid up front.

The remainder of the fee would come in the form of a series of add-ons, which were made up of appearances and rely on Barcelona winning trophies.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are required to pay Liverpool an instalment when Coutinho makes 100 appearances for the club.

So far the attacking midfielder has played 75 games for Barca and if he is moved on this summer he would fall considerably short of reaching the century mark.

Liverpool received £4.4m (€5m) when Coutinho reached 25 games and another £8.7m (€10m) after Barcelona won the La Liga title.

However, after Liverpool knocked out Barca in the Champions League in dramatic fashion, it cost the Reds another £4.4m as the Spanish side could no longer win the tournament this season.

Not quite the deal I thought it was, I assumed they would pay his fee over a few years but it seems the paid £105m up front, and I didnt realise the £142m was inclusive of add-ons, but the point remains. They have paid up a huge amount of money and wont make it all back.

That differs to what I read the other day
I think both clubs present the headline fee as higher, the sellers to show they got as much as they could and the buyer to show their ambition. I still think our Sanchez’s deal was loaded with add ons and Sissoko was structured over a longer term than usual.

When we bought back Keane I think it was just a case of letting Liverpool cease their outstanding payments on him, imagine Barca just want to recoup the balance rather than what they paid too. What fee have you read?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/barc...philippe-coutinho-cost-liverpool-21m-9546189/

Barcelona’s decision to sell Philippe Coutinho this summer could end up costing Liverpool over £21m, according to reports in Spain. The Brazil international joined Barca in a £142 million deal from Liverpool in January 2018 but £36m of that fee would come through add-ons. However, Barcelona are now open to selling Coutinho at the end of the season as he has struggled to find his best form at Camp Nou. Despite breaking their transfer record to sign the Brazil international, Barca are reportedly open to offers in excess of €105m (£90m). And according to Mundo Deportivo, if Barca do manage to offload Coutinho it would mean that Liverpool would miss out on a large part of the add-on fees which were agreed.

Had Barcelona won the Champions League this season, Liverpool would have been owed €5m (£4.3m). Liverpool will also be due a €20m (£17.3m) payment if Coutinho makes 100 appearances for Barca. Currently, the 26-year-old is on 74 appearances but could make another two if he features against Eibar and in the Copa del Rey final against Valencia later this month.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ews-Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-cost-millions

Why Barcelona selling Philippe Coutinho this summer could cost Liverpool MILLIONS
BARCELONA selling Philippe Coutinho could end up costing Liverpool millions.
By LLOYD JOHNSON
PUBLISHED: 05:50, Wed, May 15, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:19, Wed, May 15, 2019

Barcelona are considering selling Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian has struggled to win over fans with his performances this season.

The 26-year-old completed his move from Liverpool to Spain in a £142million deal in the 2018 January window, but only £105m (€120m) of the money was paid up front.

The remainder of the fee would come in the form of a series of add-ons, which were made up of appearances and rely on Barcelona winning trophies.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are required to pay Liverpool an instalment when Coutinho makes 100 appearances for the club.

So far the attacking midfielder has played 75 games for Barca and if he is moved on this summer he would fall considerably short of reaching the century mark.

Liverpool received £4.4m (€5m) when Coutinho reached 25 games and another £8.7m (€10m) after Barcelona won the La Liga title.

However, after Liverpool knocked out Barca in the Champions League in dramatic fashion, it cost the Reds another £4.4m as the Spanish side could no longer win the tournament this season.

Not quite the deal I thought it was, I assumed they would pay his fee over a few years but it seems the paid £105m up front, and I didnt realise the £142m was inclusive of add-ons, but the point remains. They have paid up a huge amount of money and wont make it all back.
It’s almost worth signing him just for this! I wonder if any of our signings have a CL bounty attached to their signing??!!

I think both clubs present the headline fee as higher, the sellers to show they got as much as they could and the buyer to show their ambition. I still think our Sanchez’s deal was loaded with add ons and Sissoko was structured over a longer term than usual.

When we bought back Keane I think it was just a case of letting Liverpool cease their outstanding payments on him, imagine Barca just want to recoup the balance rather than what they paid too. What fee have you read?

Form memory something like £90m with about £50m Of add on

Lots of interest in there.
I noticed this : "He said when the matches got complicated, "Mauri" knew how to play as a striker or as a midfielder, always happy to show his versatility."
It made me think that Poch's quest for versatile players is based on his own personal experience and ability. Never ask someone to do something you haven't done yourself etc.

I noticed this : "He said when the matches got complicated, "Mauri" knew how to play as a striker or as a midfielder, always happy to show his versatility."
It made me think that Poch's quest for versatile players is based on his own personal experience and ability. Never ask someone to do something you haven't done yourself etc.
Never mind all that. How do I get some of that salami?!

I saw him on the F2 freestyle show my 6 year old loves on YouTube and he definitely seemed to have a good technique for a centre back! I don’t remember him as a player except for the Owen pen

Seemingly one of his cousins in Italy has been shooting his mouth off about Poch wanting/needing to come over to manage Juventus.
Fantastic stirring before a Champions League final.

Back