• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Zinedine Zidane and Florentino Perez already at loggerheads over Paul Pogba transfer
Real Madrid boss Zidane wants Manchester United midfielder Pogba this summer - but Perez prefers Tottenham's Christian Eriksen

The Frenchman, who led the Spanish side to three successive Champions League titles, rejoined the club on the proviso that he would be handed greater autonomy by the Real Madrid president.

That meant a much bigger say in transfers and the running of the club.

And as Zidane looks to reshape his side this summer, he is keen to take Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba to the Spanish capital.

Zidane believes he can bring the best out of his compatriot, who is keen to join after three years at Old Trafford; Pogba has labelled the club as “a dream for every player”, while Zidane is quoted as saying: "If when his experience at United is over and he wants to come why would he not come to Madrid?”

But while Zidane is eager to splash a potential £160million on the World Cup winner, Perez is keen to reshape Madrid’s midfield with Tottenham star Christian Eriksen instead.

The Danish playmaker, who has led Spurs to the Champions League final this term, is out of contract in 2020 and talks have stalled over a new deal with Spurs.

As such, he could be sold for a relative cut-price fee this summer, as Spurs look to avoid losing him on a free transfer next year.

Zidane, has already acquiesced to the politics of the Madrid boardroom in one regard, electing to make Thibaut Courtois - a player he was against signing during his first spell as coach - his No.1 next season, and informing Keylor Navas that he will be allowed to depart.

Now he wants backing from Perez to make Pogba one of the cornerstone's of his rebuild, but is struggling to persuade him to finance a huge total package - in the region of £300million including wages.

However, that is as yet forthcoming, at a time when the Madrid chief is prioritising deals for Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard.

When I read the headline I assumed it to be Perez wanting the high profile shirt selling Pogba signing, and Zidane wanting the more sensible Eriksen signing!

Option to join Tottenham ‘is on the table’ after 2 hour meeting on Wednesday
By Sport Witness Team -

17th May 2019

Short of changing the keys to his locker and revoking his security access to the training ground, there’s not really much more Real Madrid could do to show Gareth Bale they’d like him to leave the club this summer.

The Welshman is being pushed out and now it just seems a question of where he’s going to end up. Florentino Perez and Zinedine Zidane can do all the forcing they want, but if Bale has nowhere to go then it’s going to be impossible.

Marca now report the Tottenham option ‘is on the table’.

Bale is said to have held a meeting with his agent Jonathan Barnett for two hours on Wednesday, and rather than battle with Madrid now is the time to find a new destination.

Whereas previously it had been thought Tottenham wasn’t being considered seriously by the player, things are changing. Bale doesn’t want a ‘soap opera’ of a summer and would rather things were sorted out more smoothly then when he left Spurs.

For some weeks, the Spanish media have been reporting a loan as a possibility, and it could even see Madrid continuing to pay some of his wages.

The question now is how interested Tottenham are, if indeed they’re keen at all. Given Real Madrid’s position over the player, and the current lack of suitors, Daniel Levy may be able to negotiate an impressive, low risk, deal.

Report: Tottenham want 'new Riquelme' Agustin Almendra; valued at £23.5m
2 hours ago

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly want to bring Boca Juniors' Agustin Almendra to the Premier League, despite interest from PSG, Inter Milan, Napoli and Benfica.

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Argentine starlet Agustin Almendra, according to Il Mattino, but Mauricio Pochettino’s side certainly have their work cut out.

Boca Juniors have produced some marvellous talents over the last 15 years or so, Carlos Tevez, Fernando Gago, Ever Banega and Nico Gaitan all coming through the ranks, and Almendra appears to have all the potential to follow in their footsteps by making a move to Europe.

The 19-year-old midfielder is a real all-round talent though it is his superb dribbling ability which catches the eye.

Almendra has even been compared to Argentine legend Juan Roman Riquelme, the mercurial play-maker, who is arguably one of the most talented number tens of the 21st century (Spazio Napoli).

So no wonder there is plenty of interest in the teenager.

Il Mattino reports that a Tottenham Hotspur side who reached the Champions League final earlier this month are keen to snap up one of South America’s most exciting young talents this summer with Boca Juniors willing to sell for £23.5 million.

Unfortunately for Spurs, PSG, Inter Milan and Benfica are also circling while Napoli have held talks with Almendra’s representatives

Player remains Tottenham target, ‘complicated’ for club to fight Spurs away without Europe
By Naveen Ullal -

17th May 2019

Torino’s Soualiho Meite has been on Tottenham Hotspur’s radar since the start of this calendar year.

In January, we covered claims from Gazzetta dello Sport that Spurs were ‘ready to put in a bid’ and even knocked on the Serie A side’s door for the midfielder, but they didn’t even bother opening it.

Earlier in March, the same newspaper reported that Mauricio Pochettino’s side have been ‘knocking at the door’ of Torino for the 25-year-old ‘for months’.

Calciomercato now claims the Frenchman is still in the sights of the north London club, but the desire of Walter Mazzarri and his side is to keep hold of the player beyond this season.

The Italian website explains that only qualifying for next campaign’s Europa League will help Torino retain Meite, otherwise it could be ‘complicated’ to retain him. They are currently seventh in the table with 60 points, trailing fifth placed AC Milan and sixth placed AS Roma by two points.

If they fail to qualify for next season’s European competition, Torino may have to give a go-ahead for negotiations as Meite does not lack offers.

Tottenham have not made a new signing in the last two transfer windows, so there’s got to be action this time.

Report: Tottenham want 'new Riquelme' Agustin Almendra; valued at £23.5m
2 hours ago

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly want to bring Boca Juniors' Agustin Almendra to the Premier League, despite interest from PSG, Inter Milan, Napoli and Benfica.

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Argentine starlet Agustin Almendra, according to Il Mattino, but Mauricio Pochettino’s side certainly have their work cut out.

Boca Juniors have produced some marvellous talents over the last 15 years or so, Carlos Tevez, Fernando Gago, Ever Banega and Nico Gaitan all coming through the ranks, and Almendra appears to have all the potential to follow in their footsteps by making a move to Europe.

The 19-year-old midfielder is a real all-round talent though it is his superb dribbling ability which catches the eye.

Almendra has even been compared to Argentine legend Juan Roman Riquelme, the mercurial play-maker, who is arguably one of the most talented number tens of the 21st century (Spazio Napoli).

So no wonder there is plenty of interest in the teenager.

Il Mattino reports that a Tottenham Hotspur side who reached the Champions League final earlier this month are keen to snap up one of South America’s most exciting young talents this summer with Boca Juniors willing to sell for £23.5 million.

Unfortunately for Spurs, PSG, Inter Milan and Benfica are also circling while Napoli have held talks with Almendra’s representatives

I've been hoping for ages that having an Argentinian manager (and presumably good contacts there) would help us snap up some young talent, seems the only real link and indeed signing was Foyth so even this tentative rumour has to be welcomed. Article makes him sound very promising.

I've been hoping for ages that having an Argentinian manager (and presumably good contacts there) would help us snap up some young talent, seems the only real link and indeed signing was Foyth so even this tentative rumour has to be welcomed. Article makes him sound very promising.

Never heard of him, but its the sort of move I enjoy us making. And it does seem Poch is allowing us a bit more access to the south american market.

Theres that Columbian lad we were very heavily linked with as well isnt there?

Just checked - Barrios. He was at Boca Juniors as well, but apparently has moved to Zenit St Petersburg on 1st Feb!

Manager Massimiliano Allegri will leave Serie A champions Juventus at the end of the season.

The 51-year-old Italian has won the league title in each of his five seasons since taking charge in 2014.

Juventus, who signed Cristiano Ronaldo last summer for £99.2m, lost to Ajax in the Champions League quarter-finals this season.

They have two games remaining this season, starting with Atalanta at home on Sunday.

Doucoure on Watford exit this summer
Abdoulaye Doucoure has made no secret of his desire to move to a bigger club this summer.

Now he’s been speaking about potential destinations.

And it seems, he’s pretty open to anything.

He told L’Equipe: “I do not dream of a particular club.

“Of course PSG is one of the biggest clubs in Europe, but I don’t have in mind to want to go to PSG at any particular price.

“I would like to stay in the Premier League, I think it’s the best place to express my qualities as a player.

“From there it depends on the offers and many other things, I am very open.”

Pathetic, ridiculous, boring and above all..... NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Just to be clear, I am a convert on Sissoko and would start him next to Winks in the final but getting Ndombele and also Gomes are clear upgrades. They would join Winks and Dier as our 4 central midfielders - two of the destructive type and two playmakers.

Sissoko is also nearly 30 and given his form we could get as much as £30m for him imo.

Furthermore we will need additional funds to bring in the five players I have identified.

The agent of Nice flyer Youcef Atal insists his client is ready to play Champions League football with Tottenham Hotspur tipped to make a big money summer swoop, speaking to CalcioNapoli24.

The six-time Algerian international has been one of Ligue 1’s breakthrough stars since he arrived at the Allianz Riviera last summer. Atal’s swashbuckling style has earned him plenty of admirers with the right-back also starring when filling in on the left wing to great effect.

He has scored six goals this season, including a hat-trick in a recent 3-0 win against relegated Guingamp.

According to The Telegraph, Tottenham have made the first move to sign Atal this summer though Chelsea are also interested in a potential £34 million deal as long as they manage to free themselves from that FIFA-imposed transfer ban.

And Atal’s agent has unsurprisingly claimed that he is not short of offers with the window now open – though Champions League football could be a deciding factor in his next destination.

“This year he has made 28 appearances, scoring six goals. He is very fast, good at dribbling and is good at freeing himself up to put crosses in,” said Jean Marc Bellefont.

“There are offers from many clubs but at the moment I prefer not to talk about them. Atal is ready for a club that plays in the Champions League.

“Napoli’s interest? Naples is a beautiful city and are a team with a great coach.”

Tottenham and Chelsea will both be playing in Europe’s premier club competition next season after finishing in the Premier League’s top four. And Spurs’ reported interest in Atal will only increase speculation surrounding the futures of both Kieran Trippier and Serge Aurier.

Just to be clear, I am a convert on Sissoko and would start him next to Winks in the final but getting Ndombele and also Gomes are clear upgrades. They would join Winks and Dier as our 4 central midfielders - two of the destructive type and two playmakers.

Sissoko is also nearly 30 and given his form we could get as much as £30m for him imo.

Furthermore we will need additional funds to bring in the five players I have identified.
We should learn the Trippier lesson and sell Sissoko whilst everyone is still fooled.

We should learn the Trippier lesson and sell Sissoko whilst everyone is still fooled.

As attached as people are to Sissoko I really think now is the time to sell.

- I think it would be very unlikely he can perform as well again, this is peak Sissoko IMO
- Ive long held the view we need real quality in MF, and looking at our targets I would suggest a return to our ball playing, game controlling ways. With the best will in the world this is not Sissoko's game, I would imagine him dropping down the pecking order
- Given these two things, he will probably never be worth as much as he is now. And selling him will go toward the rebuild Poch wishes to undertake.

As attached as people are to Sissoko I really think now is the time to sell.

- I think it would be very unlikely he can perform as well again, this is peak Sissoko IMO
- Ive long held the view we need real quality in MF, and looking at our targets I would suggest a return to our ball playing, game controlling ways. With the best will in the world this is not Sissoko's game, I would imagine him dropping down the pecking order
- Given these two things, he will probably never be worth as much as he is now. And selling him will go toward the rebuild Poch wishes to undertake.

You make a fair point that he's probably at peak valuation now, particularly given his age. Effectively we're writing off £7.5m - £10m p.a. from here if we keep him if you assume that he's worth £30m and has 3-4 years left

I'm not convinced that Poch will proactively look to sell him given we already have a lot of re-building to do, including in CM, though I could see us selling if we received an offer for £30m...

Back