• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

Spurs can suck on my tiny hairy maltese nuts.
188 points? And I've had a ST a quarter of a century? Albeit 12. 5 years not actually there. Well no more. Just cancelled my direct debit to my ST.

Don't even care if we win or lose the final now. I can't go to any final ever anyway.

I think that's it for me and spurs now. 25 years wasted. They won't care though as there's another 20000 pricks like me waiting for a ST.
Get a life. And some perspective. You haven't had a season ticket in the hopes of getting a CL Final ticket.

All sorted at last.....flying to malaga,train to madrid,couple of nights air b'n'b,afterwards,Sunday,coach to san sebastian,then to Bordeaux and flying back to Gatwick Monday morning....now to get a ticket hurrahhhhh....

I wave 189 and got one for me and my mate who I think has a similar amount. There are a few left as I added 5 to my basket for other people in my network but I couldn’t buy them.

Hope the Thomas Cook flight comes through, I guess I must have gained a couple of extra points for all those horrible schleps to Wembley as I can never get an away ticket. 11 years of being a ST holder and when I saw the first cut off point I didn’t think it would happen, feeling incredibly lucky at the mo.

Got my husbands and his friend’s. If you are going in select number of folk amount and all areas. I got two together- all be it high up

That is nice, but regardless I reckon 30,000 people would just be swarming onto the trains/trams and piling through in an unstoppable surge of testosterone, sweat and spittle, no ticket inspector is going to stand in the way

EasyJet's chief executive, Johan Lundgren, has defended his airline's high ticket prices to fly to Madrid for the Champions League final between Tottenham and Liverpool on 1 June.

Football fans complained to BBC Radio 5 live that flights around that date cost £1,000 instead of £250 normally.

But Mr Lundgren said the price was higher than average because there had been an "enormous" surge in demand.

"That is actually how the system works," he said.

Mr Lundgren said 42 million people had flown with the airline over the winter season, with 65% of them paying £50 or less.

"The whole pricing picture is very dynamic," he said, adding that at peak booking times, EasyJet could fill a plane in six seconds.

"That's how quickly this goes and this is how the system reacts."

Mr Lundgren added: "I can understand if people think that the prices are high on this occasion, because it is higher than the average.

"But there's no doubt that this was an occasion where the prices went very high because the demand was enormous."

He maintained that in comparison with other airlines, EasyJet was still offering lower prices, despite the huge increase.

What are the options?
If you want to fly from Liverpool to Madrid on 31 May, it will cost you £750 one-way. There are no flights available on the day of the match itself, while return flights on 2 and 3 June are sold out.

For Spurs fans, EasyJet flights from London Gatwick to Madrid are sold out on 1 June, but seats are still available the day before, at prices ranging from £350 to £750.

All return flights are sold out on 2 June, but evening flights are still available on 3 June, with prices starting at £510.

Seats on early morning flights from London Luton to Madrid on 1 June are selling at £750. Returns on 2 June are sold out, but you could come back on 3 June for £550.

Other airlines are, of course, available. A typical Gatwick-to-Madrid economy fare on British Airways on the morning of 1 June will set you back £709, but that price drops to just £46 for an evening flight - which would get you in too late to see the match.

_106998111_81jj2k6e.jpg
Image copyright AFP
Mr Lundgren's comments came after EasyJet reported a loss of £275m in the six months to the end of March, compared with a £68m loss in the same period a year earlier.

The airline said cost per seat had gone up 3.9% due to fuel price increases and the impact of currency movements, while revenue per seat had fallen by 6.3% to £50.71.

Easyjet also said had it suffered from "the impact of drones at Gatwick in December", which it said had cost it £10m.

In April, EasyJet had warned about "weak" summer sales amid Brexit uncertainty.

In its latest results, the carrier said revenue per seat in the second half of the year would be slightly lower.

"This is not helped by the ongoing negative impact of Brexit-related market uncertainty as well as a wider macroeconomic slowdown in Europe," it said

Back