• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

This Daniel James sounds interesting, seems to have a good record and could be a good player who isn't too expensive and would offer good cover with potential to develop over the next few years. Would also count as homegrown.

Seems Utd are heavy favourites to sign him but I'm sure if we were interested a deal would be possible.

I would not go as far as calling him brick, but he is not as good as Son or Moura ( imo) and for the money being quoted i REALLY hope we do not want/go for him.

Again mate... we have very divergent views on this. I always find this "he is not as good as..." rather difficult to understand. Is de Ligt better than Kane? Or Sancho better than de Jong? How can you square that circle where they are completely different players with different styles. The argument IMHO should be whether Zaha can improve us. I won't repeat what i said in his thread but he possesses qualities, especially in dribbling, that neither Son nor Moura nor any other player in our squad have. Therefore there is no doubt that he would complement the side and improve the squad. The money bit I leave to Daniel; I am sure you will agree he is more competent at it that the two of us combined ten times over...

Again mate... we have very divergent views on this. I always find this "he is not as good as..." rather difficult to understand. Is de Ligt better than Kane? Or Sancho better than de Jong? How can you square that circle where they are completely different players with different styles. The argument IMHO should be whether Zaha can improve us. I won't repeat what i said in his thread but he possesses qualities, especially in dribbling, that neither Son nor Moura nor any other player in our squad have. Therefore there is no doubt that he would complement the side and improve the squad. The money bit I leave to Daniel; I am sure you will agree he is more competent at it that the two of us combined ten times over...

As you say IF Poch wants him then whatever we think is irrelevant , but imo he is not as good as Son or Moura and as i say for the money that is being quoted for him we should pass.

I have never seen him play, but missing out on an out and out striker who bagged 2 goals in 33 games and ZERO goals in 16 games in the German 2nd division this season isn't gonna keep me up at night. He could out to be a very good striker, but surely there's some young English talent out there who can deliver better numbers than that.

Did you see Kane at Leicester or Norwich?

I'm not sure how good he is either, but there' has got to be reasons the biggest clubs in the world have been chasing him.

Who in England looks like the next Kane? Ben Brereton at Blackburn?

I'm not sure how good he is either, but there' has got to be reasons the biggest clubs in the world have been chasing him.

Who doesn’t get enough games there for some reason

Real Madrid have completed a £52.4million for Eintracht Frankfurt's Luka Jovic, according to a report

So the spending at Real is already up to 100 million if this goes through

200ish when Hazard does.

Real Madrid have completed a £52.4million for Eintracht Frankfurt's Luka Jovic, according to a report

So the spending at Real is already up to 100 million if this goes through

200ish when Hazard does.

Who else have they signed?

Bit surprised that they've moved for Jovic so early - suggests he was one of their first choice which, with Real being Real, surprises me that they haven't aimed higher

Price actually seems very sensible relative to prices in the last year or so - young, scored lots of goals in a major league....€60m? Very reasonable

Who else have they signed?

Bit surprised that they've moved for Jovic so early - suggests he was one of their first choice which, with Real being Real, surprises me that they haven't aimed higher

Price actually seems very sensible relative to prices in the last year or so - young, scored lots of goals in a major league....€60m? Very reasonable

Militão from Porto Back in March

Kane scored as many goals in 13 games at Leicester as Arp did in 33 for Hannover. Not trying to be pedantic, but I think if we sign a full-time back-up striker, he needs to be of super high quality or an elite level prospect. Think the bloom has been a bit off JFA, as he had a really poor season, and i'm not sure he'd do anything but clog up the potential pipeline for a Troy Parrott.

I'd much rather we go for a more mobile, versatile forward who doesn't need to play through the middle to be effective. Feel like we have a great system w/ Kane up top and Son as our functional back-up striker.

Sell: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Onomah, Edwards, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen

Buy: Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Gomes, Martial

I’m a bit surprised he’s taking public transport to work to be honest.

But surely this shows he’s kept his feet on the ground and it’s also good he’s made new mates whilst on there - surely that refutes the rumours of him being isolated.
It's a chartered tram

Palace mate at work reckons theyll be looking for about £60m, which isnt crazy money in this market (especially if some is in add ons on the never never...)

He also says Zaha is a real home boy, wont want to be far from his young family or his mum, so would ideally want to stay in London.

He also reckons he was an Arsenal fan as a kid and so would likely be tempted there if an offer came through, though I agree with you - they wont have the money.

That being said I think it would be us and Chelsea in pole position, assuming interest.

Ive said before why I think he would suit us, and it seems we/Poch have a long standing interest so I wouldnt be at all surprised to see at some point we have been in touch with Palace.

Chelsea? Who even knows what sort of plan they have going on?! Its not even clear if they will keep Sarri. If they do, and they sell Hazard, they have Pulisic already - would they want Zaha? Maybe if WIllian goes? Its a brick show over there so impossible to predict...
Yeah, about that.......

Sell: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Onomah, Edwards, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen

Buy: Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Gomes, Martial

Ok with all except the selling Sissoko (arguably our best player this season) and Davies (too versatile to get rid of)

Lyon's 22-year-old France Under-21 forward Moussa Dembele is also a target for United and would cost the Premier League side £40m. (Sun)

Bayer Leverkusen's Germany forward Julian Brandt, 23, could snub Tottenham and Liverpool in order to stay in Germany. (Sky Germany, via Mirror)

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, 26, is prepared to rejoin Manchester United if the Old Trafford club bid for him this summer. (Telegraph)

Ex-chairman Simon Jordan says the Eagles should sell Zaha this summer and believes £60m would be a fair price. (Talksport)

Back