• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I don't rate Hayden at all. I hope that is bollox.

Why not?

Not challenging your opinion, rather looking for more detail. Literally never seen him play so am curious...

Wondering if Bale might end up on loan at Bayern Munich.

They don’t mind having a big money loan player from Madrid (ie James Rodriguez).

Thats what I thought. City, PSG, Bayern, maybe one of the Italian clubs (do Inter want to have a go like Juve?)...

I also think Italy/France might suit him more physically. He hasnt been in the premiership in 5 years, and it was hard on him then - at 30 I do wonder how well he would stand up to the rigours of PL football...

Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave the club

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha has told the club he wants to leave this summer.

Sky Sports News understands Palace are reluctant to sell the winger but he has reiterated his desire to play Champions League football.

Zaha, who scored 10 goals in an impressive 2018-19 Premier League campaign, is keen to test himself at the highest level of club football and start regularly challenging for trophies.

The 26-year-old failed to make any impact in a previous spell with Manchester United, after joining them from Palace for £15m in 2013, and he ended up back at Selhurst Park for a cut-price fee in February 2015.

However, Zaha feels he is ready for the challenge of representing a leading club and explained in an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail in April that he has more to offer.

"I have to experience the Champions League. I just need the opportunity, that's it. And I'll do the rest," he said.

"I'm too ambitious. And not ambitious just to play for a top club, but to win things at club level and with the Ivory Coast.

"For me to be better, to achieve what I know I am capable of, I have to aim to play at the very highest level, to win trophies.

"I'm blessed to have come this far in my playing career. But I feel like there is so much more I have to offer."

Problem is whether anyone will meet the price which Palace are after. He's 26 so not a kid any more and if the rumours of them wanting £70m are true, thats a big fat fee. Pulisic cost Chelsea £58m for example.

I dont think we'd pay £70m, Man C probably dont need him, Arsenal dont have that sort of money, Utd have far bigger priorities at the back and in midfield. Would he go to Liverpool and accept the challenge of displacing Mane or Salah? I guess Chelsea might have the Hazard cash to blow...

I'd love Bale, but whether you want him or not... What happens after the 1 season loan? Let's say he stays fit and plays well, would we then spend another 60+mill plus to make it permanent and then also bump up the wages from the 250k during the loan to anything near the 600k he currently has for the next 3 years at Madrid?

He and his agent must know that even if he still has a soft spot for Spurs, that a perm deal is just not possible (without taking a massive hit to wages). Maybe thats why he wants to stay put. Any loan deal is not going to lead to a transfer. The only option could be somewhere like PSG, but even they must have some issue with FFP and prefer to spend on 3 or 4 players at 100+k a week instead

Problem is whether anyone will meet the price which Palace are after. He's 26 so not a kid any more and if the rumours of them wanting £70m are true, thats a big fat fee. Pulisic cost Chelsea £58m for example.

I dont think we'd pay £70m, Man C probably dont need him, Arsenal dont have that sort of money, Utd have far bigger priorities at the back and in midfield. Would he go to Liverpool and accept the challenge of displacing Mane or Ham Salad? I guess Chelsea might have the Hazard cash to blow...

Palace mate at work reckons theyll be looking for about £60m, which isnt crazy money in this market (especially if some is in add ons on the never never...)

He also says Zaha is a real home boy, wont want to be far from his young family or his mum, so would ideally want to stay in London.

He also reckons he was an Arsenal fan as a kid and so would likely be tempted there if an offer came through, though I agree with you - they wont have the money.

That being said I think it would be us and Chelsea in pole position, assuming interest.

Ive said before why I think he would suit us, and it seems we/Poch have a long standing interest so I wouldnt be at all surprised to see at some point we have been in touch with Palace.

Chelsea? Who even knows what sort of plan they have going on?! Its not even clear if they will keep Sarri. If they do, and they sell Hazard, they have Pulisic already - would they want Zaha? Maybe if WIllian goes? Its a brick show over there so impossible to predict...

I can't see there being any takers for Zaha in England, other than maybe Man U to replace Lukaku (with Martial or Rashford becoming the full-time CF).

Why not?

Not challenging your opinion, rather looking for more detail. Literally never seen him play so am curious...

Thats what I thought. City, PSG, Bayern, maybe one of the Italian clubs (do Inter want to have a go like Juve?)...

I also think Italy/France might suit him more physically. He hasnt been in the premiership in 5 years, and it was hard on him then - at 30 I do wonder how well he would stand up to the rigours of PL football...
I have only seen him play relatively infequently but my impression of him is the he is limited technically and fouls a lot. Maybe I didn't catch any of his good games but nothing at all about him grabbed me, and certainly that gushing description of him you quoted doesn't match at all with my impression of his ability.

There will be teams interested, us for sure, its whether or not Palace price him out of a move that is the issue

Of course. If we could bring him in for the price we'd get for Nkoudou, then we'd definitely be interested.

But for c.£60m, in light of the form of Moura (15 in 48 compared to Zaha's 10 in 36), and our other priorities (CM, FB), I really can't see us even considering it.

Of course. If we could bring him in for the price we'd get for Nkoudou, then we'd definitely be interested.

But for c.£60m, in light of the form of Moura (15 in 48 compared to Zaha's 10 in 36), and our other priorities (CM, FB), I really can't see us even considering it.

Time will tell, but I would be pretty confident we would be interested.

Despite issues elsewhere we also need depth in attack, and Zahas versatility would be right up Pochs street.

Time will tell, but I would be pretty confident we would be interested.

Despite issues elsewhere we also need depth in attack, and Zahas versatility would be right up Pochs street.

I'd rather pay £25m for Sessegnon as a 6th AM and say £10m on someone like Arp to replace Llorente. £25m cheaper and a more long-term approach.

Paulo Dybala's agent has alerted Manchester United by claiming the Juventus star wants to leave this summer.

Dybala has been forced to play second fiddle to Cristiano Ronaldo this season, with the Argentine shunted out wide to accommodate the former Real Madrid man.

He has managed just five Serie A goals this term and despite winning four titles in as many years, a transfer could be on the cards.

"Yes, there is a good chance he’ll leave Juventus. Absolutely. He needs a change," his agent and brother Gustavo told Argentine radio show Futbolemico.

"I can’t say where he’ll go, but there is a strong chance Paulo will leave.

"Of course he’s not happy there. Paulo’s not the only one, there are many players who are uncomfortable at Juve.

"He won’t be the one who will leave Juve this summer."

Meanwhile, Dybala's brother has dismissed suggestions the 25-year-old wants out because of the presence of Ronaldo.

"Cristiano is a great person and he never had problems with him. They have a good rapport.

"There were a few misunderstandings tactically, as let’s not forget they have similar positions."

Back