• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial but I need to get it off my chest

Have you even taken a minute to enjoy the result tonight? If not, what's the point of even following the team? You've exposed yourself here and you're not digging your way out of it.

Exposed myself...as what exactly?

Of course I enjoyed the bloody result, amazing and incredible.

But my thoughts are bent on winning the final, not constant mastuurbation just for reaching the Lord Mayors show...

Course I’m happy, clearly I didn’t believe we could do it and we did...if you’d stop calling me a flimsy tosskker for 5 mins I’d run and hug you...

fudge me mate .. give it up ..

You made an honest post a day ago based on what you felt (even if the vast majority of us probably disagree), trying to defend the position moving forward, i.e. if "whatever" happens in the final is flimflam.

If you are unable to realize that Tottenham Hotspur making top 4 and CL final on any fudging given year is an amazing achievement, add in injuries, fatigue, stadium issues and it's an outright religious experience. If you don't see that you have completely bought in to some bricky kind of media/pr reality where people tell you want success or happiness should feel like and anything short of that is worthless.

Your questioning of Poch also bears review .. yes we have stumbled badly this season, but there are reasons and when you watch the effort 9 men put in to hold on last week-end and the effort 11 put in to 90 +6 should tell you that regardless of if you believe, his fudging team believes in him and will run themselves to death for him.

Yes they ran to death for him and showed the kind of spirit and desire that I had lost faith in.

I’m happy to be wrong because it means we have been successful.

I’m not interested in defending my position, only my right to express my thoughts. I stated I wanted to be wrong in the op.

Yep we have had challenges this season and hurdles to get top 4 so getting ucl is massive for the club and an achievement of sorts.

I’m not going to be giddy about getting top 4 year on year and becoming the arsenal under wenger a few years ago...

Obviously I want us to win silverware, something big that I can cherish in my lifetime. Just qualifying year on year doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

But I’ll give it up and hang my head in shame for doubting a positive result tonight, something after 50 minutes I doubt many of us truly believed we could turn around.

Yes they ran to death for him and showed the kind of spirit and desire that I had lost faith in.

Yep we have had challenges this season and hurdles to get top 4 so getting ucl is massive for the club and an achievement of sorts.

I’m not going to be giddy about getting top 4 year on year and becoming the arsenal under wenger a few years ago...

Obviously I want us to win silverware, something big that I can cherish in my lifetime. Just qualifying year on year doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Arsenal under Wenger a few years ago were declining. Going from a position of winning or challenging for the title down to just being happy with top 4 and stagnating there.
We are ascending. Going from hoping to qualify for Europa League, to fighting for top four, to being involved at the top of the table for the last three seasons to now being in the flipping final of Europe's premier club competion.

Surely you can see the stark stark contrast?
Will you only be happy once we get right to the pinnacle? Will you not enjoy the climb, the journey up?

Arsenal under Wenger a few years ago were declining. Going from a position of winning or challenging for the title down to just being happy with top 4 and stagnating there.
We are ascending. Going from hoping to qualify for Europa League, to fighting for top four, to being involved at the top of the table for the last three seasons to now being in the flipping final of Europe's premier club competion.

Surely you can see the stark stark contrast?
Will you only be happy once we get right to the pinnacle? Will you not enjoy the climb, the journey up?

How can I level with you??? I’ll try.

The reason I loved parts of the redknapp era and Pochettino era is that I felt at any given time we could do something amazing, and I mean not just being pretenders but actually winning something.

My belief has waned this season because I no longer felt that passion that we could do this! I honestly feel we were playing better football with a clear identity a couple of years ago.

Obviously there is the points I raised as well in the op.

Yes it does feel like we’re ascending but alas we haven’t won anything to this point and I’ve seen a lot of potential in my lifetime not amounting to anything.

People may feel I’m not a proper fan...that’s fine, others will know what I’m talking about when I say I’ve had my heart broken by spurs on that many occasions which is why I can’t enjoy the ride or feeling of ascendency until we have something real to prove it.

Again I’ll be honest, Liverpool look impregnable at the moment and witnessing moments of being close under Poch and falling at the last hurdle...I’m worried we won’t get over the line and I feel more ready to expect heartache again than to perhaps dare to entertain the idea that we could actually do this.

But now we are 90 minutes away from winning the biggest prize of all.
We don't have to dream that 'this season we could do something amazing', we just have to imagine 'we win one game and we are Champions of Europe'.
That'd be maybe the most amazing thing Spurs have EVER done.

I understand the heartache, how could I be a Spurs fan of 29 years without doing so? But suffering through that has seemingly had the opposite impact on me than you as I tremendously value what has been happening and what we have already done rather than holding out for still more before I dare celebrate and revel.

Possibly mate but at least I’m an honest one.

Let’s see how we fare in the final... I’m delighted with that 55 mins onwards...

No one remembers runners up even if they had an incredible journey. We need to finish the job.

Are you OK mate? Serious question. You sound like someone whose glass has suddenly become half-empty, and I don't remember you posting like that a year ago.

@Nigeyman ....I realise you were merely airing your doubts, due to our poor form since Burnley away. Both Poch and the players, have clearly been suffering and it's in these times is when you've gotta keep the faith that they can turn it around? ..Can't abandon Poch and the boys on the eve of the CL semi-final, we just can't.

We're now in the Final and I want to win it so bad it hurts, but win or lose, I will be proud of them all. I'm sure , come the final, they leave everything out on the pitch and give it a right go.

As for tonight....I watched the game on BT and, I've also watched the dramatic second half on another four different channels and languages....Spanish, German, Malaysian and an Arabic language.. The commentators were going nuts as were the post match pundits...The game were watched by millions throughout the world... We are the envy of proper football supporters throughout the globe....

At this moment in time, Liverpool and Spurs supporters are the only two sets of football supporters on the planet that can dream about lifting the big eared cup on the 1st June 2019...Let that sink in!

Now is a time to enjoy, to believe. ...COYS!

Exposed myself...as what exactly?

Of course I enjoyed the bloody result, amazing and incredible.

But my thoughts are bent on winning the final, not constant mastuurbation just for reaching the Lord Mayors show...

Course I’m happy, clearly I didn’t believe we could do it and we did...if you’d stop calling me a flimsy tosskker for 5 mins I’d run and hug you...

Allow me a patronizing paragraph mate...

There comes a moment where one hopefully realizes that life is about the moment. Yes, you can think about the past, contemplate the future and all sorts in between. But the main success in life is to experience the moments as much as possible. If you keep living life thinking about what can go wrong in the future, if you deny yourself enjoying the present, then I think you are missing life at it's truest essence. You're denying yourself the simplest happiness and the truest joy.

I would strongly advise you to enjoy a little more tossing right now. Seriously. Bang a few more out in the next 24 hours before you start bending your thoughts.
Enjoy life.
Enjoy this.

this is a very odd thread, its like nigey turns up for his wedding to marry the girl of his dreams, then tells her he's made a massive mistake, then watches aghast as all the assembled wedding guests show him what he's going to be missing out on and now he has to save face and.... its not going very well.

this is a very odd thread, its like nigey turns up for his wedding to marry the girl of his dreams, then tells her he's made a massive mistake, then watches aghast as all the assembled wedding guests show him what he's going to be missing out on and now he has to save face and.... its not going very well.

The fact that he's used the word 'controversial' in his thread title says to me it's a cry for attention. He knew the reaction he'd get and he posted it anyway.

Maybe more like a cry for help.

But now we are 90 minutes away from winning the biggest prize of all.
We don't have to dream that 'this season we could do something amazing', we just have to imagine 'we win one game and we are Champions of Europe'.
That'd be maybe the most amazing thing Spurs have EVER done.

I understand the heartache, how could I be a Spurs fan of 29 years without doing so? But suffering through that has seemingly had the opposite impact on me than you as I tremendously value what has been happening and what we have already done rather than holding out for still more before I dare celebrate and revel.

Brilliant post bud.

I did say in original op that I did value everything he’s ever done.

Do you remember years back when we beat Southampton with a wonder strike from bale...?

We played crap and two spurs fans were tearing into each other regarding avb and the manner of the performance.

One of my first posts was about me hating spurs fans tearing into one another, and how no one would care if we made top 4 that season...Steff applauded that post...I was so proud :)

Perhaps I have forgotten how far we’ve come no doubt and enjoy more.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you OK mate? Serious question. You sound like someone whose glass has suddenly become half-empty, and I don't remember you posting like that a year ago.

Serious answer, I’m okay, perhaps posting that after a bad day at work wasn’t the best idea. But it’s feelings I had, and have had for a while.

Allow me a patronizing paragraph mate...

There comes a moment where one hopefully realizes that life is about the moment. Yes, you can think about the past, contemplate the future and all sorts in between. But the main success in life is to experience the moments as much as possible. If you keep living life thinking about what can go wrong in the future, if you deny yourself enjoying the present, then I think you are missing life at it's truest essence. You're denying yourself the simplest happiness and the truest joy.

I would strongly advise you to enjoy a little more tossing right now. Seriously. Bang a few more out in the next 24 hours before you start bending your thoughts.
Enjoy life.
Enjoy this.

Of course I’ll allow this.

Point noted.

@Nigeyman ....I realise you were merely airing your doubts, due to our poor form since Burnley away. Both Poch and the players, have clearly been suffering and it's in these times is when you've gotta keep the faith that they can turn it around? ..Can't abandon Poch and the boys on the eve of the CL semi-final, we just can't.

We're now in the Final and I want to win it so bad it hurts, but win or lose, I will be proud of them all. I'm sure , come the final, they leave everything out on the pitch and give it a right go.

As for tonight....I watched the game on BT and, I've also watched the dramatic second half on another four different channels and languages....Spanish, German, Malaysian and an Arabic language.. The commentators were going nuts as were the post match pundits...The game were watched by millions throughout the world... We are the envy of proper football supporters throughout the globe....

At this moment in time, Liverpool and Spurs supporters are the only two sets of football supporters on the planet that can dream about lifting the big eared cup on the 1st June 2019...Let that sink in!

Now is a time to enjoy, to believe. ...COYS!

Thanks for this, and thanks for your empathy, your right it didn’t feel right to abandon our boys on the eve of that.

It also didn’t feel right to say it after the game knowing how I felt beforehand.

I also want the win badly. Very badly, perhaps too much.

Yep, an honest fool am I.

The fact that he's used the word 'controversial' in his thread title says to me it's a cry for attention. He knew the reaction he'd get and he posted it anyway.

Maybe more like a cry for help.

Perhaps of all the things that sting...this is the worst. Not being called a true fan hurts, as does some thinking I wanted a devastating loss just to prove a point.

I didn’t care about being right, I just thought this was a good place to air my doubts with perhaps a bit of understanding.

I questioned our manager which is clearly unforgivable on here, something I would understand more if he had delivered us many titles over many years...

Anyway I have tried to be honest and explain my thoughts and put them out there...something that many posters don’t do because of precisely these kind of responses.

I’ll try and answer people honestly from now on if I get more questions but in the main I didn’t do this for attention, more to express concerns to a trusted fanbase including peeps like Dubai, Steff, Milo that I greatly admire.

Yes I knew the reaction would be mostly hostile but I gave my honest feelings anyway.

Us losing the final and Poch leaving in the future would bring me no pleasure I assure you, because it means we will have failed in the short term.

But please know this if I don’t post for a while or even ever again...

I want us to win and be successful, I’m over the moon that we won, and I’m desperate for us to go on and win the trophy...I hope we do it and I hope we both get to enjoy that.

Last edited:
Nigel this is what you fail to grasp, the summation from Barney Ronay below puts it better than I ever could;

As the players walked off at the end Pochettino did something nice, rushing towards the Spurs fans and pointing at the Ajax team, still stumbling about in the centre circle, urging them to applaud and cheer their hosts, to give them at least a taste of that sweetness.

“They are superheroes now,” Pochettino said of his team afterwards. And three weeks from now Spurs do have a shot at the ultimate. The endgame is close. It matters, but it also doesn’t matter. They will, whatever happens, always have those moments.

Last edited:
You’ve completely lost perspective.

If you don’t recognise we are on the up and breaking new ground, then I fear for you when we do hit harder times.

And make no mistake, Poch and his crew leaving will make for harder times.

Back