• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Anyone out here found anywhere decent to watch the game?
Have been recce’ing (sp?) a few.
One thing for sure everywhere is mobbed!

I think the 'men against boys' call is a good one. We need to dominate possession from the off, be physically strong and see how they cope. An early goal is not that important - we can score at any time in the 90 as long as we don't concede. Ajax will have watched last night and it might just have made them more nervous; if a 3 goal lead can disappear that easily then they'll be wondering what could happen to a team that is only one goal ahead...

This will be our biggest match of the season. Too bad we lost the first leg 1-0 at home. Now we have to work hard to overcome the deficit in the 2nd leg away at Ajax. It is going to be difficult but not impossible. After all, Liverpool overcame the 3-0 first leg defeat to beat Barcelona 4-3 on aggregate. It shows you can overcome any team and deficit if you work hard. But we need all the players to lift their game to help us overcome Ajax.

Wish we can have all our players fit to play in this match, especially Kane and Lamela. We need all our attacking players to be at their best. We need big performance from Eriksen, Son, Moura and Alli. They can hurt Ajax if they play to their best. Llorente can come on later in the match as needed. Not sure if Kane will be fit to be involved in this match. But it will lift the team if Kane is even on the bench. It will help us greatly if Lamela is fit to start this match or come on later in the match. Lamela's tenacity, work rate and creativity will help us against Ajax.

This match will be won or lost in midfield. We have to win the midfield battle to have any chance of winning this match. Want Wanyama and Sissoko to start this match in midfield. Wanyama has not been at his best lately but his work rate will help us stop Ajax. Sissoko improved our midfield greatly when he came on against Ajax in the first leg. Hope Sissoko will help us beat Ajax in this match.

Our defence is going to be key to us winning this match. We conceded the soft goal against Ajax in the first leg. We cannot afford to concede any goal in this match as that will make it hard for us. Hope Vertonghen will be fully fit to start with Alderweireld in defence. We also need match-winning performance from Lloris. We need to be fully alert all the time and avoid making any silly mistakes near our goal. It will help us greatly if we can stop Ajax scoring in this match.

It is going to be a tense match. We need to be ruthless and clinical in front of goal to beat Ajax. We cannot afford to waste our goal scoring chances. At the same time, we also need to be patient and avoid doing anything stupid. Want us to win in normal time since we don't have good record in penalties. But hope we will practise penalties and choose our penalty takers just in case. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and meteorology to beat Ajax and progress to our first ever CL final.
It's fine mate The Beast is playing and they're scared of that big Moussa!

Let's hope the fireworks don't have the same effect on our team as they appeared to have on Barca last night!

Would be amazed we were at a hotel where you could get access to do that. Further, any logistics manager worth their druthers would've mad sure to secure all rooms on the inside of the building away from lifts and the street precisely for this reason. I think it's rubbish.

It's been peeing down. I hope the conditions do not work against us. A wet pitch = less chances in my book!
Come on you Spurs.....

I think the 'men against boys' call is a good one. We need to dominate possession from the off, be physically strong and see how they cope. An early goal is not that important - we can score at any time in the 90 as long as we don't concede. Ajax will have watched last night and it might just have made them more nervous; if a 3 goal lead can disappear that easily then they'll be wondering what could happen to a team that is only one goal ahead...

Both Jorge Valdano (when speaking to Poch) and Ajax themselves (post-match) confirmed that playing on their terms suited them, but when we switched it up to relying on our battle and physicality, they found it difficult.

That needs to be the case today. *Right from the off*. Get at them, hassle and harry, leap at their throats, get savage in your energy and pressing. Disrupt them, and go for the kill.

Like Liverpool yesterday.

Both Jorge Valdano (when speaking to Poch) and Ajax themselves (post-match) confirmed that playing on their terms suited them, but when we switched it up to relying on our battle and physicality, they found it difficult.

That needs to be the case today. *Right from the off*. Get at them, hassle and harry, leap at their throats, get savage in your energy and pressing. Disrupt them, and go for the kill.

Like Liverpool yesterday.
We need to keep our heads and skills top priority though

Cometh the hour. Cometh the men. The time is now. The time for glory has come.

" Rise like Lions from their slumber in unvanquishable number, shake to earth those chains like dew, which, while sleeping fell on you. You are many they are few".

Foul them, get in their faces, basically do all that Juventus did to us at Wembley last season. And get the win.

I think this is a massive, massive point.
We are here because we have learnt to fight.
We now need to apply that final bit of guile to get over the line, the sort of guile we didn't show on Saturday at Bournemouth.
COYS!

We need one without the arse pimple. I can’t ever not see it now.

I think the arse pimple might nick it for us. Get a couple in, and it's a Kane hat trick!

butt-acne-main.jpg

Back