• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

What makes you think this?
I think loans would do both Foyth and KWP good (perhaps Skipp as well). They all clearly have talent but, as is natural, will make mistakes at this stage of their careers. I’m not sure we can afford the dropped points from allowing them to develop their decision making in our first team, yet first team training and under 23 games don’t have anything like the same levels of intensity so don’t really allow a player to improve his decision making under pressure.

Games in the championship would be great for all three players, I think they would all enjoy likely to play most weeks at that level and then come back in a year’s time ready to stake a claim for a starting place.

I think loans would do both Foyth and KWP good (perhaps Skipp as well). They all clearly have talent but, as is natural, will make mistakes at this stage of their careers. I’m not sure we can afford the dropped points from allowing them to develop their decision making in our first team, yet first team training and under 23 games don’t have anything like the same levels of intensity so don’t really allow a player to improve his decision making under pressure.

Games in the championship would be great for all three players, I think they would all enjoy likely to play most weeks at that level and then come back in a year’s time ready to stake a claim for a starting place.
Agree. In the case of Foyth with Toby potentially leaving would you see him in line as a PL regular?(I know we have Sanchez ahead oh him) I think he’s a year or two away from being good enough at CB to be consistently playing at a team with our aspirations. Another PL team loan would be ideal, I don’t think he needs to go down to the Championship though, I think he’s good enough to be in this league - Saudi Sportswashing Machine under Benitez would be great IMO....

Started in a friendly against Nicaragua, played 73 minutes with Argentina winning 5 - 1 but I can't find much in the way of how well he got on. As far as I can tell played at CB alongide Otamendi though. With respect probably not the toughest opposition but think getting minutes in to his legs can't be a bad thing at all, hope he can get some game time in the Copa America.

Interesting to see what happens with him. His mistakes have been...erm..apparent and as such there's no hiding from them even now the dust has settled but is there a better suited coach he could be learning from? It might be a cliched way of thinking but same nation and same position coupled with the fact that Poch clearly saw enough in him to warrant signing him.

Part of me sides with those wanting him to secure a loan move (although championship is doing him a bit of a disservice IMO) but then I do think his versatility could come in handy. I'd be really happy to see Toby see out the final see of his contract and whilst I wouldn't see him displacing Alders or that left footed Dutch bloke in the 1st XI there would opportunities for him.

I'm pretty sure it's been suggested that he could move in to midfield in a holding role, which would mean easy switching to 3 at the back if required and also think Foyth has showed enough attacking wise that he can cover for RB as well, it's hard to imagine we'll finish the transfer window with the current 3 RBs on the books.

Am I right in thinking we didn't get him in early enough for him to be considered "homegrown"? A shame if so, due consideration is needed in terms of squad management...

I think that he's great and quite happy having him as our fourth choice CB next season. He has made mistakes but that is to be expected at this stage of his development. He only played 32 senior games in total so far in his career.

This.

I think that he's great and quite happy having him as our fourth choice CB next season. He has made mistakes but that is to be expected at this stage of his development. He only played 32 senior games in total so far in his career.

I agree, plus he is only 21 and learning the game here.

I'm torn on the loan idea (in general for defenders tbh). 30 games at a struggling team can do more harm than 15-20 games with his own club and familiar players around him.

He started 14 games last season and largely done well (apart from a couple of standout mistakes). I'd expect his game time to go up a bit to maybe 15-20 games next season. He'll then be 22.

What would be the point in sending him on loan, and then having to shell out for a 4th choice CB. I'd just keep him in the set up and gradually up his game time. He'll be ready for much more action the season after next then, when we'll surely need him.

Top talent. Think those stats were playing as a wing back? Could definitely use him more in that position if needs must, he looks brilliantly versatile because of his technical ability....

Top talent. Think those stats were playing as a wing back? Could definitely use him more in that position if needs must, he looks brilliantly versatile because of his technical ability....

You mean with his non existent pace? Personally I think he would be beneficial to our club if he was developed and deployed as a defensive midfielder

As for England he had the Walker and his pace baby sitting him, the same way Sissoko has to baby sit him in the league. When you look at Rose as full back or wing back you do not worry about someone holding his hand, and that is the type of quality at a minimum we need on the right.

I think Poch for teh most time this coming season will go for 4 at the back.

Hopefully we sign another RB but if we don’t and Aurier isn’t fit then I hope Foyth plays instead of that other clown at right back. Serious Trippier and Davies at full back for the first game fears.

Back