• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

He is not ready at the moment in my opinion, he is too rash in the tackle, and I would suggest his over confidence is his biggest flaw

He's got lots to work with and has been very good on the whole. I agree that he tends to be a little over confident but I would much rather that than the alternative in a young player.

I think that it would be difficult to find a club to loan him to where he would learn more than he would staying. And I think that it would be difficult us signing a third/fourth placed CB to cover his place who was better than him.

I disagree, I think that he's looked very promising. I'd have no qualms about going into next season with him as our third/fourth choice CB.

There is a big difference between 3rd and 4th place, which is it? If you say 3rd place you are suggesting that as soon as one of the "two" gets injured, suspended or just needs a rest Foyth comes in? That would be a horrendous state of affairs in my opinion. Heck at the present time I think Davies is a better centre back.

We need to buy a quality defender pronto

Don't forget where they were in April. Bottlers!

9xae2bkkjfw21.jpg
I’d forgotten that the Goons briefly went ahead of us this season but thankfully they have the bottle-job mentality which Pochettino is gradually purging from our club!

E191959E-1B3A-44FF-BAFC-F1CA066F6530.jpeg

i love some of the hand wringers on here, I wasn't born yesterday but we WILL be playing CL football next year. Have you seen Arsenal's away record? I think Burnley win that game anyway. We'll probably draw against Neverton, If you're still worried, take the 200-1, yes thats 200-1 on the scum finishing 4th.

And I think that it would be difficult us signing a third/fourth placed CB to cover his place who was better than him.

If he is our 3rd rated central defender next season then we will be royally fudgeked, and I see that as a dereliction of duty from Poch. He is simply not ready full that responsibility and I would be vexed.

With Toby going I would expect as to bring in a central defender much better than Foyth. He is able to get away with thi gst in a back 3 but when we play a back 4 he simply is not good enough at the moment

There is a big difference between 3rd and 4th place, which is it? If you say 3rd place you are suggesting that as soon as one of the "two" gets injured, suspended or just needs a rest Foyth comes in? That would be a horrendous state of affairs in my opinion. Heck at the present time I think Davies is a better centre back.

If Toby stays, we're fine. If he leaves, then we need to buy someone first-team ready (not in their prime necessarily, but say 23-25 years old with some experience of a decent league under their belt)

Both Sanchez and Foyth have had up and down seasons, but will be better for it next year

If Toby stays, we're fine. If he leaves, then we need to buy someone first-team ready (not in their prime necessarily, but say 23-25 years old with some experience of a decent league under their belt)

And therein lies one of the biggest problems this club has, the reticence to buy players in their prime, and then we wonder why we don't win anything

Arsenal have been pretty terrible this season, if they had Wenger in charge they’d have qualified for the CL through the league. I know that goes against the grain but I don’t get how people can say Emery has done well, he’s done “ok” at best and that’s purely because they are still in the EL but if they don’t win it then it’s pointless. The players he’s bought are bang average and they have spent shedloads in the last 18 months, we could only dream of a net spend like that!

And therein lies one of the biggest problems this club has, the reticence to buy players in their prime, and then we wonder why we don't win anything

Its our business model I'm afraid. We also can't operate any other way until the stadium debt is cleared. Personally I'm happy with us signing players in the 20-23 year old type range as our 'typical' target and then watching them develop.

Maybe in 5-10 years time we can change, but we won't be buying any £70m 27 year olds for a while....

It depends on the formation we play next season and where Dier is playing. I think that if Alderweireld leaves, it is most likely that our existing CBs get promoted a place and we sign a younger player to train up.

I think that it would be difficult to find a club to loan him to where he would learn more than he would staying.
Foyth needs to go to any 2nd division (Championship) club, to learn how to defend.

I disagree. He wouldn't learn much about PL/CL defending there. He needs to play as part of a unit that hold possession and play out from the back.

It feels like the last hurrah for this team, we need three or four new players to freshen things up this summer. We needed it last summer too but it is really pressing now to increase competition for places and keep everyone on their toes.
It's dangerous to make too many changes too. We need to find the right balance. Hopefully we can keep Alderweireld and Eriksen. It looks unlikely, but those are two players it will be difficult for us to replace, even if Eriksen hasn't been at his best this season. If they go, we need to replace them.

Otherwise we should look to strenghten the full back areas (at least right back) and central midfield. Maybe an attacking midfielder. I think maybe Lamela has had enough time now, even if I like him. And maybe a striker as back-up for Kane (very difficult to find anyone decent who wants that job).

Back