• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Everton are in very good form at the moment, they are not the same team we hammered earlier in the season

I think they are, the big issue is that we are a shadow of the side that hammered them, if only we still had that young lad that destroyed them that day...

Same here, I was moaning about it in September, we got all the World Cup workhorses back and put them straight back in the team, madness.

The lack of rotation was probably due to the fact that Poch did not trust the squad, because we lacked squad depth.

Yet when we competing with Leicester a for the title Spurs fans were complaining that during the run-in that Leicester always seemed to be playing first which put the pressure on us. When we lose Spurs fans will always look for an excuse

Different situation, Leicester were in form, all the top four chasing teams are out of form. This gives Arsenal a boost. If Arsenal had had to go first this weekend, Brighton wouldn't have known they were safe and I would have backed Arse to fudge up.

Maybe it's difficult for you, to see any kind of grey.

Is anyone else beginning to hate that “watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night” song? I fear we may be hearing another version of that next season :(
To be honest I hate all our songs that smack of an arrogance we don't deserve to be dishing out, one of them being the "You're fudging brick" song

Not just today though. If we had beaten West Ham, we would be there. If we had taken three points from the two away matches against Burnley and Southampton we would be there. Instead we’re looking desperate, like someone rooting down the sofa to find enough to get the bus to work as their car tax has expired after they ignored all the warning notices.

And that flipping own goal at the death to lose against Liverpool cost a valuable point. And and and etc....

PS I blame the proliferation of red boots. When did they become acceptable? What is wrong with blue or black? Even Kane wears them. Shameful.

They have also rotated heavily all season and got out of the domestic cups as soon as they could.

Have they rotated??
The only attacker I can remember getting game time is Shaquiri

dingdongvick has started how many games this season?

Midfield 3 has been 4 players all season pretty much and they play their best defence every game when they can

Just checked they have 11 players who have played well over 40 games each and a number who are late 30s including subs

Doesn’t seem very brave of him to me.

Skipp, KWP and Janssen have all been decent when they have made it onto the pitch, all massively underused imo.

The being brave comment had nothing to do with youth and everything to do with signings.

His record with young players is no better or worse than the rest of the top 6 clubs

Different situation, Leicester were in form, all the top four chasing teams are out of form. This gives Arsenal a boost. If Arsenal had had to go first this weekend, Brighton wouldn't have known they were safe and I would have backed Arse to fudge up.

Maybe it's difficult for you, to see any kind of grey.

Yay, yeah let's blame our capitulation on the fixtures, talk about clutching at straws. That is just a feeble excuse

Please all learn from my mistake. I just looked at the league table and a little bit of sick came up in my mouth. Don’t do it, lads, it’s tottenham...

Look, it seems some of you can't have got the memo, so I'll spell it out for you.
This Is what you signed up for as a Spurs fan.
Never mind who the manager is.
Never mind who the players are, or whether they're home-grown, free-range or forced on in a greenhouse.
Never mind whether we invest or don't invest in the footballing side.
Never mind the stadium, or what beer they serve there or how.
Never mind the training ground.
Never mind what songs we sing or don't sing or why.
Never mind Champions League Semi-finals.
We will ALWAYS
We will ALWAYS ALWAYS
We will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS find a way of throwing ourselves head-first into the wood chipper.
Even if that seems impossible, which it did about six weeks ago.
You just carry on paying through the nose.
Is that clear? Good.
If there is a humanly possible means of making a bollix of it all at the most critical time, we will find it, guaranteed.

Last edited:
I’m no statistical whizz, but if we don’t lose again this season we will have lost ONE THIRD of our games. Goodnight.

Right, new day. Lets hope things look a bit better this evening after either Chelsea or Arsenal drop points today

But he is ultimately the man who is tasked with getting his staff to perform and other than the Champions League, the performances are very rarely there. And yet he claims that even if we don’t get top 4 he will be proud of his players...I don’t see why that would be.

But the staff are performing, and have been for the last four seasons.

We’re in a position where we can qualify for the CL again, beating other clubs with far superior resources.

It’s not about one sticky patch, it’s about the general trend.

Maybe recent seasons have shifted our expectations or maybe we’re getting a bit complacent. CL qualification should not be underestimated.

Back