• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we are waiting to do a deal surely that’s the player driving that as he’s hoping for a bigger club or more money?

We can be calling De Ligt in June but if his agent tells him Barca are thinking about it he’s not even going to listen to us until the last week of August.

When people were looking at the fixtures they were saying 3 points against this one. 3 against there! You don’t all of a sudden win games after being on a crap run!! I said this back then and it’s become true!

Just secure cl football for next season. Even if we beat Ajax Wednesday we have no chance vs Barca !

With everyone fit (which they would be as the final is 3 weeks after the everton game) we would have a chance.

But even if everything was going to plan they have that alien to make the difference.

With that said, we really do need to beat Everton. It’s Everton, mid table, nothing to play for Everton. It’s been said before, but if we can’t make top 4 given our run in, we didn’t deserve it. Bad luck counts for some, but somewhere along the line, we shouldn’t have been dropping the points we did. We’ve had tremendous amounts of bad luck with injuries, but come on lads, let’s finish the season on a high note.

It may well be mid-table everton but if we are forced to field much the same team that played that first leg against Ajax, well then that is a very ordinary team which I cannot see even scoring a goal unless its a lucky deflection or a bundle at a corner.

I think most people back Levy and Poch, but asking why we didnt bring someone in in Jan, even on loan when Dembele left, is justified. Tielemans for example was available on loan and wouldnt have earned more than Dembele

That’s fair, I don’t know the reasoning behind it. But we all know how long it takes for Poch to be comfortable a player has settled into his system. A loan signing, mid season? Doesn’t really feel like us.

I reckon he'll be on the bench next Sunday. Its a massive massive game for us

I think we’ll need him to start mate.

And on the bench on Wednesday hopefully.

Probably all wishful thinking but then again I think the club will now be forced to do all they can to wheel him out for Sunday cos its plain to see how utterly awful we are without Son and Kane.

I think we’ll need him to start mate.

And on the bench on Wednesday hopefully.

Probably all wishful thinking but then again I think the club will now be forced to do all they can to wheel him out for Sunday cos its plain to see how utterly awful we are without Son and Kane.

hmmm maybe - I'm not sure I'd risk him on Wednesday though. Sounds bad because its a CL semi, but next Sunday is absolutely huge given the financial difference between finishing 4th and 5th. Obviously a point for Brighton tomorrow would change that....

hmmm maybe - I'm not sure I'd risk him on Wednesday though. Sounds bad because its a CL semi, but next Sunday is absolutely huge given the financial difference between finishing 4th and 5th. Obviously a point for Brighton tomorrow would change that....

Well if he can start sunday, he should be okay to be involved in the squad on wednesday and be on the bench.

Goons will get 6 points I’m certain of that. Minuscule chance of brighton getting a 0-0 if they were still in danger of going down and whilst they will park the bus tmrw, they inevitably wont quite have that 400% focus and effort they had against us.

They will also defo beat burnley, even if they dont deserve too. Burnley dont have the quality or cutting edge of leicester or wolves and this fixture reminds me so much of those final day away games they had at wba and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

On both occasions they got undeserved narrow wins.

A point for us could be enough if chelsea lose at leicester but I can see chelsea getting a point in that game.

Meanwhile I notice we have now lost more league games this season than wolves.

No I won’t because being too outcome dependent in the short term isn’t the best way to understand long term strategy. What if we signed players and finished 6th? What if we signed players, and sold the ones we still have well below market value, limiting our ability to make moves further down the line?

Not denying our league form has regressed. This team needs rebuilding and peaked in 16/17. But again, I look at the context. And I think back to which players were available that were obvious improvements. And I think now to the ridiculous luck we’ve had with injuries. But we are where we are, we have our plan and our strategy and I back Levy and Poch to keep us progressing over the long term.

At least we can say we tried though, I mean not even signing one player has never been done before for a reason. Without refreshing the squad there's no competition and players become complacent, particularly ours who have been at the club a few seasons now.

Football is generally a game of fine margins with a high risk high reward approach, we've been complacent recently saying there's no way we can improve the squad - position for position there's no one we'd rather have but we've lost 13 games in the league and what another 4 or 5 in the cups. People can't say that the squad can't be improved.

I know you defended the lack of rotation before believing that Poch likes to play players to keep or play them into form but clearly that's not working, there's been a series of poor performances and there's not enough competition for places to push them on. When we had the chance to rotate we should have taken it, some of the Christmas games came to mind.

Well whilst Dier was awful no doubting that ,Son got the red card that started the downfall and Foyth stuck the final nail in the coffin
I,ll go along with that as well! but..influence how you play matters.
a team gains confidence if they do the right things and are playing well together. So..it doesn't inspire when one of your team mates is not passing the baton properly or keeps dropping it.

No I won’t because being too outcome dependent in the short term isn’t the best way to understand long term strategy. What if we signed players and finished 6th? What if we signed players, and sold the ones we still have well below market value, limiting our ability to make moves further down the line?

Not denying our league form has regressed. This team needs rebuilding and peaked in 16/17. But again, I look at the context. And I think back to which players were available that were obvious improvements. And I think now to the ridiculous luck we’ve had with injuries. But we are where we are, we have our plan and our strategy and I back Levy and Poch to keep us progressing over the long term.

I like you BoL but it sounds like you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too. When people questioned our lack of activity in the market a few days ago I believe your words where “we’re 3rd so maybe there was methods in the madness”. So if we finish in the top 4 it means the strategy has worked, but if we don’t then hey its only one season?

There’s a reason why what we have done with no signings is unprecedented and given our return this season I can’t see it catching on. You need to buy players just to stand still let alone to progress.

As I’ve said before, I think we’re too picky when it comes to signing players.

Yes, not getting a point today was massive. We need Kane back next weekend, and take a punt on appealling Son's red card even though its highly unlikely to succeed

Yeah we should appeal and present all the mitigating circumstances and bring up all the technicalities about how it wasn't striking that piece of vermin, but that is all only in the hope they reduce it to a one game ban.

Absolutely no chance they will completely overturn it, purely because they are corrupt clams who all stick together unless they absolutely cannot due to a stonewall clear error.

Its really sad how bad these officials are. The macaron should have taken into account how lerma smashed son off the ball earlier in the game, how lerma wacked son’s back and stood on his fingers, how lerma was only pushed not struck and lastly how lerma massively overreacted by launching himself on the floor and lying in a heap.

It all adds up to anyone with half a brain that the clam was being ultra mischievous with the sole aim of cheating and trying to get son sent off.

With all that taken into account the bellend ref should not have dived into his pocket to get the red card. Instead he should have taken control of the situation by blowing his whistle very hard and pulling both players over for a very stern talking too and then booked both players.

But as has been said many times before these pricks are too obsessed by going by the book, they are incapable of using common sense because they don't understand the game.

Yeah we should appeal and present all the mitigating circumstances and bring up all the technicalities about how it wasn't striking that piece of vermin, but that is all only in the hope they reduce it to a one game ban.

Absolutely no chance they will completely overturn it, purely because they are corrupt clams who all stick together unless they absolutely cannot due to a stonewall clear error.

Its really sad how bad these officials are. The macaron should have taken into account how lerma smashed son off the ball earlier in the game, how lerma wacked son’s back and stood on his fingers, how lerma was only pushed not struck and lastly how lerma massively overreacted by launching himself on the floor and lying in a heap.

It all adds up to anyone with half a brain that the clam was being ultra mischievous with the sole aim of cheating and trying to get son sent off.

With all that taken into account the bellend ref should not have dived into his pocket to get the red card. Instead he should have taken control of the situation by blowing his whistle very hard and pulling both players over for a very stern talking too and then booked both players.

But as has been said many times before these pricks are too obsessed by going by the book, they are incapable of using common sense because they don't understand the game.
I don’t think it matters a jot what was done to any player before they get a red card. What matters is if the action is properly punished. If what son did is deemed a yellow and not a red it’ll be a miracle.

As I’ve said before, I think we’re too picky when it comes to signing players.

Completely agree with that. We seem to want the perfect player with the perfect personality at the perfect price and time etc etc

Its like buying a house - there's a finite number of options available and at a certain point you have say that a certain option ticks the majority of the boxes and therefore you'll go for it

We also seem to want to get the best sale terms for players given that we never seem to be able to shift our deadwood

I,ll go along with that as well! but..influence how you play matters.
a team gains confidence if they do the right things and are playing well together. So..it doesn't inspire when one of your team mates is not passing the baton properly or keeps dropping it.

Yes agreed to an extent. But no matter how brick your team mates are can’t be reacting like that , it’s proved very costly even tho I thought sending off was harsh. Pawson is an awful Ref

I don’t think it matters a jot what was done to any player before they get a red card. What matters is if the action is properly punished. If what son did is deemed a yellow and not a red it’ll be a miracle.

I’m just saying bombard them with everything in the hope they make it a one game ban rather than three.

We dont need them to deem it to be a yellow for that to happen because if they deem it a yellow on appeal then it will be completely overturned.

They will deem it a red if we appeal but may feel one game ban is sufficient rather than three.

Back