• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are in serious trouble after that, I fear. A complete bottle job. I was sitting with the Bournemouth fans and even they thought we’d win with 10 men.

We will lose on Wednesday for sure. The players’ legs and their heads are gone. All we can hope for next Sunday is that Everton don’t turn up - but even then I’m not sure where a goal is coming from.

We won’t lose the two games over the next week. I’m absolutely 100% confident of that.

It is where we lack an on-pitch leader.
Always thought it would be Eric but he is just trying to find any form he can.
Problem with Eric mate, away from the pitch he may be an intelligent guy, but on it, too often he seems to lack a football brain. He tackles rashly far too often in midfield. Today he didn't need to do much, no rash challenges, just stand up. Bournemouth were there for the taking. But he and others lost their heads.

Nonetheless he can be a good player for us but a leader no.

He’s not good enough as a midfielder. Put him centre back or move him on.
No, he's not a central midfielder at all. His best position is as the 1 in a 4-1-whatever where he can slot back into a back 3 allowing the fullbacks to move forward, or push upwards, regain possession and distribute from the back, depending on the course of the game. That do however require his timing, decision making and fitness to be a bit better than it's right now, though.

Beat Ajax
Beat Barca
How we’ll look back and laugh.
<sarcastic face>

I don’t know how I’m feeling right now. Swinging back and forth between fuming and utter depression.
How on earth do we do it to ourselves all the bloody time.
I would have expected these players to be more mature by now and be able to handle the pressure.

I don't understand the reaction from Son, he has been kicked and fouled many times before, it was so uncommon for him to react this way (even though I still think it's a booking at worst). We were in total control of the game, and while we missed some chances it wasn't like "no matter what we do nothing comes off" kind of frustrated aura.

Weird.

I thought it was the deliberate action of lerma to stamp his studs down on Son’s fingers. He did this in the hope of getting a reaction which he duly got and then proceeded to launch himself following the shove and then stay down in a pile holding his leg. Disgusting shameful behaviour from a supposed human being who tried the same stamping down on Danny Rose’s fingers in the second half.

I think its like stepping on a dogs tail when you stamp on someones fingers. It instinctively provokes a furious reaction from even the most mellow.

Sonny was bending down towards the ball and then got barged in the back and then his fingers stamped on. Would take a pretty unique individual to not lash out under those circumstances.

Sadly the brain dead thick as a piece of brick referee didn't have any idea whatsoever that he was being played.

Beat Ajax
Beat Barca
How we’ll look back and laugh.
<sarcastic face>

I don’t know how I’m feeling right now. Swinging back and forth between fuming and utter depression.
How on earth do we do it to ourselves all the bloody time.
I would have expected these players to be more mature by now and be able to handle the pressure.

Said it for years we can’t handle pressure it’s why we lose or draw whenever we have a chance to go top or put pressure on the league leaders. We do well when we’re under the radar and people expect little from us. It may actually help us on Wednesday tbh but not confident at all for Everton

OOOH! I'll consider myself told then. Far be it from me to challenge a superior intellect ;)

Said nothing about your intellect - you're a Spurs fan, which makes you more intelligent than all of Islington by default.

Did say you were a smarmy dingdonghead, which you were. Stop being holier-than-thou, it isn't good for you and it doesn't make you any more of a supporter than the people who actually hurt about this stuff.

I thought it was the deliberate action of lerma to stamp his studs down on Son’s fingers. He did this in the hope of getting a reaction which he duly got and then proceeded to launch himself following the shove and then stay down in a pile holding his leg. Disgusting shameful behaviour from a supposed human being who tried the same stamping down on Danny Rose’s fingers in the second half.

I think its like stepping on a dogs tail when you stamp on someones fingers. It instinctively provokes a furious reaction from even the most mellow.

Sonny was bending down towards the ball and then got barged in the back and then his fingers stamped on. Would take a pretty unique individual to not lash out under those circumstances.

Sadly the brain dead thick as a piece of brick referee didn't have any idea whatsoever that he was being played.
This is why I feel we should appeal, as the FA surely has to take those factors into consideration. If not, why even have an FA tribunal. It was clear even from the match replays that there was underlying circumstances, and Son has never done anything like it in his entire EPL career. Now, I would have gotten it if it was Duncan Ferguson, but this wasn't even above shoulder height - which still doesn't need to be a factor if you're a City or Chelsea player.

This is why I feel we should appeal, as the FA surely has to take those factors into consideration. If not, why even have an FA tribunal. It was clear even from the match replays that there was underlying circumstances, and Son has never done anything like it in his entire EPL career. Now, I would have gotten it if it was Duncan Ferguson, but this wasn't even above shoulder height - which still doesn't need to be a factor if you're a City or Chelsea player.

They should care about the mitigating circumstances and how Son normally behaves but these total fudgers don't.

Their number 1 aim when someone appeals is to reject it and will only uphold an appeal if the decision was clearly an absolutely ridiculous one.

They will never ever overturn that red card for these reasons.

Problem with Eric mate, away from the pitch he may be an intelligent guy, but on it, too often he seems to lack a football brain. He tackles rashly far too often in midfield. Today he didn't need to do much, no rash challenges, just stand up. Bournemouth were there for the taking. But he and others lost their heads.

Nonetheless he can be a good player for us but a leader no.

I dont think he is fit, he is normally one of the more intelligent players and does the basics well.

The two challenges he threw in are that of someone struggling with the game pace.

I dont think he is fit, he is normally one of the more intelligent players and does the basics well.

The two challenges he threw in are that of someone struggling with the game pace.
If not fit it makes me wonder why Poch wasn’t ‘brave’ enough to play Skipp.

Back