• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd also like to add what a gulf there is between the two clubs, and how much that match highlighted it.

Their fans will be watching replays of and singing songs about that match for years to come. Their players hailed as gods of Running abaaat a bit (TM Dodgy 'Arry) and getting stuck in. Whereas if our team played like they did in any of our matches that matter, we'd rightly fully be giving them stick for not being good enough and we'd be nowhere near the CL this year or next

I think the main issue was the mental and physical exhaustion. TO be competitive in 4 competitions, particularly in the league and the CL we need to increase the depth of our squad.

This is true but teams generally carry two players for each position and we have that (and to a good level) but sadly we have been hit with a completely abnormal level of injuries this season.

I haven’t known anything like this since the early 2000’s when we had about 15 injury prone players in our squad.

In the modern day though what we have been hit with this year is unprecedented, quite possibly through the whole division.

I think we played terrible yesterday and West Ham thoroughly deserved there victory.

Mark noble was the man of the match for me and covered every blade of grass, always willing to receive the ball and create.

I can't think of a better team to concede and lose to. If only we had fabianski, diop, balbeuna, Fredericks, Arthur, noble, Anderson, rice, snodgrass, Antonio and marko we might have a chance on Tuesday.

It was especially poignant to see the Hammer heroes sink to their knees, some almost in tears, at the magnitude of their accomplishment against a Spurs side missing five key players. I feel the need to be magnanimous and offer congratulations at the victorious execution of the only big game the Hammers have each season. The celebrations will likely live on for some time, achievement being what it is and all that. A further positive note is that this win should secure enough loyalty to be able to pay the rent on their ground next season...

Limited is a strange opinion of him to say the least. He's limited compared to Eriksen or Lamela, but he's by far the most comfortable on the ball of our "defensive" midfielders.

I don't think many people on here or outside of this place would agree with that statement, most importantly I don't think Poch would agree.

Winks is the best pure footballer of all our CM's. The rest of them all have their strengths and weaknesses but Dier's strength definitely isn't his passing or footballing ability. For the record, I don't think any of our DM's are great on the ball but I think Wanyama is better than you give him credit for. We did after all achieve our best season in PL history with Wanyama and Dembele in CM.

All the same it's an area we need to upgrade on for sure.

Did something bad happen? I was away dealing with spring flooding near where my cottage is located. My boat house is about to become a houseboat. And it looks like one of foxes, badgers or wolverines have dug out a den up the hill from the kitchen. I hate wasting good money on ammunition. Or explosives.

Since we were only playing Waste Ham, I thought it would be a good weekend to give football a miss. I mean, if we win, well, it's a rather small pelt to hang off the handlebars. If we lose? Meh. They got lucky and it hardly proves probative.

The table shows us needing a win to clinch Champions League football next season.

so their cup final and congrats to the spammers for another season of mid-table obscurity, i remember that in the 90's when i was a season ticket holder, such fun;). With sunday's results, it really doesn;t matter, they actually have a fairly decent team if u look at the rest of the dross in the league but f@ck' em, they'll be watching 'stenders next season when we're playing on tuesday nights in europe. nuff said.

I don't think many people on here or outside of this place would agree with that statement, most importantly I don't think Poch would agree.

Winks is the best pure footballer of all our CM's. The rest of them all have their strengths and weaknesses but Dier's strength definitely isn't his passing or footballing ability. For the record, I don't think any of our DM's are great on the ball but I think Wanyama is better than you give him credit for. We did after all achieve our best season in PL history with Wanyama and Dembele in CM.

All the same it's an area we need to upgrade on for sure.

Dier's a good passer.

we need two new cm's that are first teamers, none of us our good enough to play to consistently challenge for the title

I think that the issue is numbers and availability not quality.

Agree. If we had been able to rotate between Sissoko/Dier/Winks/Wanyama with Skipp coming in for some cup games, we'd have had a much easier time of it this season. But it seems everytime a couple get fit, a couple more get injured, which means we have had a lot more lethargic performances this season than we have had in previous seasons.

we need two new cm's that are first teamers, none of us our good enough to play to consistently challenge for the title

I don’t know if the title is biggest contender to Mustafi for worst player in the Premier League then I think I could give it a go.

I think that the issue is numbers and availability not quality.
I wouldn’t of agreed with this at the start of the season. But with Sissokos improvements, Wanyama returning to resemble his previous self and if Winks can get consistently fit - a big if admittedly and then we are fine. I have reservations about Dier, I really don’t think he’s all that as a CM and would be better served at CB but is good enough cover I guess. Would still say one real quality CM would be most welcome though.....

Dier is a better footballer than Sissoko by a mile. And Winks is the best midfielder we have.

Id sell Wanyama and Sissoko this summer and buy in two that really round out the group.

While Wanyama is fit, let him go. Theres a fair chance he will break down again. And while Sissoko's stock is high cash in, theres a fair chance he will never play this well again (and even so I still dont think he is good enough).

Honestly think people have been broken by the complete lack of quality and balance in our midfield this season, its like Stockholm syndrome or something.

Feeling bitter and annoyed with this defeat ! Never thought we would lose to West Ham at our new stadium but this is yet another setback caused by them ! Thought we will make the new stadium our fortress but we have already lost our unbeaten record in only our 4th league match there to shyte team West Ham ! Remember, we were unbeaten in the league at WHL for whole season in 2017 ! West Ham won't let us forget about the fact they are the first team to beat us at the new stadium !

All our attacking players were poor in this match. Our attack looked toothless and didn't look like scoring. Moura worked hard but his finishing were poor. Son had another poor match. Alli was largely missing for whole match. Very annoyed with Eriksen as he not only was poor but wasted yet another freekick by shooting direct at the defensive wall as well. Janssen really should have scored from his chance late in the match. It was an open goal but he somehow managed to head it straight to the goalie. Thought Janssen would make an impact to prove his worth but not sure if he will be of any use to us after this miss. Llorente was even worse as he didn't have any impact after coming on.

Our midfield had a poor match. Dier made too many mistakes in midfield. We should have started with Wanyama. I think Wanyama makes our midfield more stable than Dier. Also Wanyama tackles better even if his passes are poor. This match shows why we need a quality defensive midfielder. This is where we missed someone like Dembele who could help us control the midfield against any teams !

Our defence conceded a poor goal. This match shows our defence are only reliable when we have Alderweireld and Vertonghen playing together. Sanchez makes our defence error-prone. Alderweireld and Sanchez should have done better for their goal. Sanchez was really too slow to react on that occasion. Vertonghen would have stopped that shot. Maybe Lloris could have done better for that goal as well. It was really annoying to concede the first ever goal at the new stadium like that.

There have been so many historic setbacks to us this season. We have now lost 12 league matches this season, which is our most league defeats since Pochettino's first season in 2015. We have also lost a total of 17 matches in all competitions this season, which is our most defeats in a season since losing 19 matches in 2009. It is amazing how we are still 3rd in the league despite losing 12 matches. For the record, the last time a team had so many defeats and still finished in 3rd place was Norwich who had 12 defeats in 1993 ! Fortunately for us except for the top 2, the rest of the league have been poor this season. Let's hope we will improve our performance and finish in top 3 this season.

Back