• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Hm, not this time for me. I think this is his best season for us, despite the injuries. His positional flexibility throughout the year has been important, and I think he will be absolutely crucial at home against Ajax. Without Son, I can even see Poch playing him as a false nine. But yesterday - and I know he had to play the most difficult role as a midfield anchor after Sissoko went off - I don't think he was close to MOTM (Toby for me). Having said that, his presence alone is the main reason why I'm quietly optimistic for the semi.
He dawdled on the ball a few times, and we recovered from those errors, but I think his performance was one of those understated, slightly below-the-radar displays. I agree with someone like Toby as a contender (he also had a tiny mistake or two), but the whole team (even Trippier) dug as deep as they could to eke out the victory. Real team (squad) work at work in action.

i wanna see him meg the goalie for a goal, a winning goal

now's the time Dele, you know you wanna (and I mean between till season's end... )

He's rightly getting pelters for his performance today. Some say that he wasn't putting the effort in -- I'm not sure about that, he just seemed so slow with his decision making. Passing was horrible as well. As bad as I have seen him play. We have to hope he shines in the semi-final, we need a vintage performance.

He's rightly getting pelters for his performance today. Some say that he wasn't putting the effort in -- I'm not sure about that, he just seemed so slow with his decision making. Passing was horrible as well. As bad as I have seen him play. We have to hope he shines in the semi-final, we need a vintage performance.
The body language and former top level football players who make that judgment are full of sh!te. He was poor and ponderous today. He’ll be made to watch his errors and will buckle up and take centre stage on Tuesday.

Looks for Harry too often and when Harry isn't there it takes too long to refocus.
Harry, Eriksen and dele are too often looking for each other.

He was atrocious. Too slow, too dozy, too many wrong decisions, touch of a concrete elephant, passing vision of Stevie Wonder, too uninterested, too *lazy* on the ball.

Like I said, if it weren't for injuries, I would have left him out of the CL semi. We don't need that attitude within a million miles of a fixture like that.

Looks for Harry too often and when Harry isn't there it takes too long to refocus.
Harry, Eriksen and dele are too often looking for each other.

Very good point -- seems like an age since we've had all 3 of them starting at the same time AND fully fit and in form. Transforms our team when those 3 are playing well and together.

Dele is a bit like this sometimes. He plays like he's got a cigar on...when it's going for him he looks a world beater. Other times (like today) he looks like he needs too many touches and not seeing the pass quick enough.

Since he's done his arm he is looking like he's worried about it (probably just not wanting to fall on it) and that could be taking the edge off him?

He was atrocious. Too slow, too dozy, too many wrong decisions, touch of a concrete elephant, passing vision of Stevie Wonder, too uninterested, too *lazy* on the ball.

Like I said, if it weren't for injuries, I would have left him out of the CL semi. We don't need that attitude within a million miles of a fixture like that.
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Good joke. Leave Dele out of the semi? Add another four minutes and you’ve got a tight five that will go down well in Islington.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Good joke. Leave Dele out of the semi? Add another four minutes and you’ve got a tight five that will go down well in Islington.

*If it weren't for injuries.*

Sadly, we'll have to play him and hope he turns up. But I really, really don't like the way he dozed through this game, losing challenges and wandering uselessly around at every turn.

Don't forget what got you here. If Dele stops working, he's a luxury player, and we can't carry those with a weakened team.

Not sure I agree with dozy or lazy. The effort was there but yeah his decision making and passing were way below par today.
No way he should be dropped for Tuesday though.

Edit. - typed just as the Marketplace launches into a chorus of we’ve got Ali.

Not sure I agree with dozy or lazy. The effort was there but yeah his decision making and passing were way below par today.
No way he should be dropped for Tuesday though.

Edit. - typed just as the Marketplace launches into a chorus of we’ve got Ali.

I didn't say he was lazy. I did say dozy, because that's what he was. Never got going, lost every 50:50, lost every ball and looked utterly befuddled by the game of football.

Hard to square that with anything other than a loss of concentration, of focus, of effort. Which we don't need, this late in the season, with this patchwork team.

And he isn't new anymore. He's been here four years, he's become one of our most important players. We need him to step up, and he simply *didn't*.

Back