• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project (3/3) ***

-------------------Lloris
KWP Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
---------------Skipp Dier
--------Eriksen----------Alli
-----------Lucas--------Son

Assumption is that Lorrente and Wanyama are now fudged. Poch will rotate the full backs.
Yesterday Poch started with a narrow 442 diamond but City Full back had too much of the ball. Poch changed to a 442 shape with Son and Eriksen picking up the full backs once he went 3-2 down. I think it will be something similar on saturday.

There has bee no injury news about Wanyama or Llorente has there? I expect both to play unless I've missed something.

Wanyama was basically dragging himself around the pitch with his fingernails at the end. Even kicked a ball straight into touch rather than spark a counter, because he was utterly spent.

To be thrown into a match of that intensity, after spending a year and half out through injury (more or less), must have demolished him. That's where the reticence on playing him again is coming from, I think.

If our central midfield massacre persists, we will basically need him for the rest of the season. We need to wrap him in cotton wool accordingly.

Llorente, I agree with you - he only played one half. Put him on again from the start.

Wanyama was basically dragging himself around the pitch with his fingernails at the end. Even kicked a ball straight into touch rather than spark a counter, because he was utterly spent.

To be thrown into a match of that intensity, after spending a year and half out through injury (more or less), must have demolished him. That's where the reticence on playing him again is coming from, I think.

If our central midfield massacre persists, we will basically need him for the rest of the season. We need to wrap him in cotton wool accordingly.

Llorente, I agree with you - he only played one half. Put him on again from the start.

Agreed. It feels like Skipp and Dele on Saturday, perhaps with Eriksen in a 3 man midfield, though personally I'd rest Eriksen given that tomorrow is the least important game we have left this season

Would be good if Dier can make the bench though...

Wanyama was immense

Llorente doesn’t run much anyway so he would like the run out

We might have problems of selection, but City will be shattered now and face two must win games against us and United in the next week. The pressure is on them to win out because they can't count on Liverpool dropping points. So I expect quite a few changes to freshen things up, hopefully including resting De Bruyne (who is not fully match fit). It's quite something that City have had the season they have had largely without him.

Given our limited midfield options and Poch's willingness to play youth, I think Skipp must start if Wanyama isn't fit for two close matches and possibly even if he is. This game is very different from a helter-skelter CL quarterfinal where we were on the ropes. Perhaps with three at the back and Davies at LB in a defensive role. If we can frustrate them, we might be able to catch them on the break and get something. I'll add I thought this approach was our only chance yesterday.:D

I reckon we need ten points so anything on Saturday is a bonus.
Too post and the comment about De Bruyne is spot on, he really is a rolls Royce of a player and if City ever achieve anything beyond par it would be down to him staying fit for a full season.

Too post and the comment about De Bruyne is spot on, he really is a rolls Royce of a player and if City ever achieve anything beyond par it would be down to him staying fit for a full season.

When you have players of the calibre of De Bruyne and Silva football is the easiest game in the world, they are always in space to take the ball and they rarely waste a pass, must be a joy to play with.

Gazzaniga
Foyth, Sanchez, Alderweireld
Walker-Peters, Skipp, Eriksen, Davies
Dele, Lucas
Son

Lloris, Vertonghen, Trippier, Rose, Wanyama, Lamela, Llorente

Some reasonable views from either side of the fence in terms of how we approach the game but I really can't understand the folks picking a team without Sanchez unless they know something I don't?

Such a shame for us not to use Dele in an advanced position. Thought we hurt city a lot while we had Dele, Son, Eriksen and Moura going forward

Lloris
KWP Alder Sanchez Davies
Dier Foyth
Eriksen Son Lamela
Moura

Something like that would be decent. Don’t expect it tho

Yes, plus i think its less about choice and more about realism.

Wanyama, Llorente - I just cant see them physically being able to play
So very best case you end up with

.......Lloris
Trippier...Toby....Jan.....Rose
..Eriksen...Skipp....Dele...
.......Moura
..........Son

That team is weaker (personnel and fitness) than a team that got beaten last night. It wont get anything and youre risking injury, so lose the battle to win the war.
It goes against the grain, but it is the sensible thing to do, although i expect poch to go hybrid

Nah, football doesn't always work like that. So, because we lost 4-3 in a game where we made some diabolical defensive errors ,it's logical we will definitely lose again ?
They will be tense and under huge pressure. They might be tired too, they put a lot into the game last night.
I'm all in favour of rotation and resting players against Hartlepool away in the Carabao cup but not for this game. If we get badly beaten we effectively lose four points with the GD and resting players guarantees us nothing regarding the Brighton and West Ham games .
At this crucial stage of the season we can't afford to 'throw' games.
It also installs a bad mentality into the players, a losers mentality.

I'm sorry, perhaps everyone is caught up in the emotion of last night but are we seriously suggesting we play a weakened team at City? Both the scum and Chelsea have a 'guaranteed' three points which would leave us in 5th. So we can 'rest players for Brighton'? I'm not suggesting we wheel Sissoko on if he's injured but we play our strongest team and give it a proper go. Nicking a point or even a win would go a huge way to getting a CL place next season. And getting battered would wipe out our GD advantage

Someone above has us playing Skipp and Foyth in Centre mid. Away at fudging City!! I admire both those players but come on!!

On a side note, I was dead against Liverpool winning the league until this morning but now think it'd be kind of funny if they pip City to the league, Watford pull off a miracle in the FA Cup and City end up with only the League cup in their 'quadruple' season

Finally, a sensible post that I agree with.

-------------lloris
-----toby----sanchez---vert
kwp----wanyama--foyth---skipp----davies
------------moura---llorente

That'll do. Might get lucky and grab a point. Bring Son, Eriksen, Dele, Rose and Trippier back for Brighton.

I agree we should try a Foyth at defensive mid. Surprised Poch hasn't tried this before now.

You really are an angry little stalker.

If you could also find a post that matches the above that would be grand.

Thanks

1487615673-love-actually-andrew-lincoln-to-me-you-are-perfect.gif

I'm sorry, perhaps everyone is caught up in the emotion of last night but are we seriously suggesting we play a weakened team at City? Both the scum and Chelsea have a 'guaranteed' three points which would leave us in 5th. So we can 'rest players for Brighton'? I'm not suggesting we wheel Sissoko on if he's injured but we play our strongest team and give it a proper go. Nicking a point or even a win would go a huge way to getting a CL place next season. And getting battered would wipe out our GD advantage

Someone above has us playing Skipp and Foyth in Centre mid. Away at fudging City!! I admire both those players but come on!!

On a side note, I was dead against Liverpool winning the league until this morning but now think it'd be kind of funny if they pip City to the league, Watford pull off a miracle in the FA Cup and City end up with only the League cup in their 'quadruple' season

A fully fit and full strength team could still go to City and get beat. But a full strength and fit team v Brighton at home will be 3 points for us.

So do we march out the best players we have fit and flog them at City, then make them play again against Brighton, where fatigue might give Brighton an edge they otherwise would not have had? Playing a weaker team against City is a gamble, but so is playing a strong team leaving players fatigued for Brighton.

It doesn't matter where we are at the end of the City game, what matters is where we are at the end of the season. Win our home games and we will get Champions League. We have to be smart imo, and Poch is (look at how he rested a lot of players v Huddersfield). This isn't a must-win game for us, so it's a similar opportunity to rest players before pushing them on to the final phase of the season...where we finish 3rd and win the Champions League!

I think some people are missing the fact that we lost the game the other night. We lost 4-3 and we deserved to lose. And that was with the best team we could put out, after a few of them had been rested in the game before against Huddersfield. So the plan is to march them out again v City, who can/will rotate in players like Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho etc. etc? And then march those players out again at home to Brighton on Tuesday?

Back