• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 2/3) ***

The linesman isn't allowed to flag. If he had been, he would have and the whistle would have gone long before the ball went in. Now city will moan about the injustice for the next 50 years, when we could have beat them fairly on our own

We did beat them fairly. We kept a goal that should have stood, they had a goal disallowed that shouldn't have been allowed and they missed a penalty that, while probably a penalty in the rules of the game, would never have been seen without VAR.

They have nothing to complain about. This is the most expensively assembled squad in history, with a manager many like to call the best in the world. We lost our striker halfway through the first leg, we finished the match with one fit central midfielder and a player who isn't a CM and playing with a broken hand next to him. They conceded 4 goals to a team 18 points below them in the table (to add to the 5 they conceded vs Liverpool and the 6 vs Monaco). Our bench was a keeper, 4 defenders, an 18 year old midfielder that Poch clearly didn't trust in a game of this magnitude and Llorente.

Honestly, what do they have to complain about?

The thing is though, I'm sure they will still be crying about this in 30 years time, just as they are still crying about the 81 final. And I'll find that as funny in 30 years as I find their crying about the cup final now. Billions of pounds later, a whole load more trophies for them and its still the same whining.

Also, the linesman is allowed to flag IIRC after the goal has been scored/missed.

I think they should only use VAR for offsides. Offsides are definite. Otherwise let the game flow.

Let's be honest though, football fans aren't objective or definite. Look at Fernandinho's response above (the salt is so good). Loads of Emirates Marketing Project fans apparently crying conspiracy to a clear offside.

Fans will always be super biased, regardless of which team they support.

I do genuinely think that though, it has been ridiculous with handballs and fouls. See that nailed on Barca penalty which was overturned yesterday. If the refs are just going to use their subjectivity then they might as well not have VAR.

The linesman isn't allowed to flag. If he had been, he would have and the whistle would have gone long before the ball went in. Now city will moan about the injustice for the next 50 years, when we could have beat them fairly on our own
What? Rather than us lose and know (because of the replays) that City's winner was offside. What injustice for City? The decision was right.

You're off your box.

n88bwy517ws21.jpg
Tripps must have enjoyed beating the team where he started as a yoof.

That cnut deserves it after his assault on the Harry Kane of ‘The Harry Kane team’.

Love this.

I also like VAR but I definitely didn’t envision it as something that would be used multiple times a game with SO much emphasis on the slow mo replay.

Does anyone actually know how it operates? Is the VAR referee instructed by the match referee on what angles, speeed etc to show?

Love this.

I also like VAR but I definitely didn’t envision it as something that would be used multiple times a game with SO much emphasis on the slow mo replay.

Does anyone actually know how it operates? Is the VAR referee instructed by the match referee on what angles, speeed etc to show?
I feel like it would be the other way around, going on the assumption that there are another four refs upstairs watching VAR. Thats alot of eyes when they are supposed to auto check all the goals, I'm sure they have multiple angles and they probably holler down to the ref to confirm or pull back the goals. I think rugby works the same way, doesn't it? Just always someone watching the previous thirty seconds

You know partly I'm thinking "woah, Ajax looked brilliant against Juve, how did De Ligt monster Bonucci like that?"

And partly I'm thinking "We can just buy their players after the game"

And partly I'm thinking "Dusan Tadic of Southampton, really????!!!!"
And then you look at PSV, who were a proper pub team when we played them, and they're neck in neck with them in the Dutch league. Go figure...

They get cancelled after this game now, so that people don't get banned in the finals unless they get sent off.

Shame but at least he'll be back by the second leg.

Also not tempting fate at all and Ajax have been sensational this season and are very very capable of knocking us out (honestly, what a club) but the final is quite late in the season....I wonder if Kane will be eying that up....

IF we get there, Kane will be part of it. 100%.

I was wondering how far the Goons had got in the European Cup

2008-2009
Manchester United booked their place in the UEFA Champions League final with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.
They got to the final in 2007, didn't they?

IF we get there, Kane will be part of it. 400%.

This. If he plays with one leg and a Zimmer frame, he plays with one leg and a Zimmer frame. But no way he'll miss it, in the event that we do make it. :)

However, that's getting well ahead of ourselves. Ajax are a deadly team, and we are right up against it with Son suspended and Sissoko possible out. Let's focus on keeping a clean sheet at home, and then see what happens at the Amsterdam Arena.

i wasn't able to watch this game live, i tried to avoid hearing the result but was told we went through while listening to Yank sports radio shows which I listen to while working stateside. A word on that, 20 years ago when I was first exiled here, you would barely hear a reference to anything footie. Now, talk show "jocks" here are interrupting discussing the NBA playoffs to talk about the champions league. Bizarre.
In my 40+ years of watching the beautiful game, I don't think I've seen a game like that, even while watching on DVR, I must have asked myself at least 5x if the yank commentators had got the result wrong, I feared the worst when Sissoko limped off decimating our already decimated midfield. Bare bones indeed.
And those decisions, I've already posted my views on VAR in other threads, the ref wasn't given all the angles for Llorente's goal, yes it was incidental but if it results in a goal, it should be disallowed, it brushed his arm. And Aguero's last minute goal, that shouldn't be offside, we were always told as kids the benefit of doubt goes to the forward. And the happiest man in the world is Eriksen. But isn't it nice for once for us to celebrate being lucky.
We had battlers all over the pitch, tactically it was a mess from both teams. I'm rambling now so I'll stop, semi finals of the european cup, not thinking about the dutch, want to savour this. Oh and i'm a betting man if u didnt know and I guarantee you, we will get thrashed by them on saturday.

Back