• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Palace (the TL;DR version)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need some time away from yesterday's fiasco, and up until then I'd been buzzing about going Wednesday.
So in an attempt to get that feeling back, I'd been thinking...

From a fans and atmosphere perspective we start at NWHL with a clean sheet so-to-speak.
A blank canvas to make the place as special and more importantly, as UNIQUE as possible!

The atmosphere will undoubtedly be a great one. Everyone is up for it.
But I'm talking about going the extra mile to ensure the place quickly becomes a fortress and intimidating for opponents come kick off.

Watching yesterday, it still always impresses me how the Kop have enormous flags and section-covering Shankly banners passed along the fans. They seem to do it without fail every game.

Dortmund similarly needs little introduction.
Their "Yellow Wall" is a thing of beauty and they've created an atmosphere for themselves like no other.
Whether it's the huge uprising image of the face before kick off, giant flags or flares. It feels like they have an identity for their stadium that the rest of Europe know about.

And we've probably also all seen videos doing the rounds of entire stands jumping in unison to the point it looks like it's going to collapse. Even teams like Besiktas and some Eastern European jobbies have some sense of intimidation for visiting teams.

Sadly, I don't feel we have anything!!!!! But Wednesday is the time to change all that.

I'm not talking about a few mini flags left on seats by the club. That's pathetic and we were laughed out of Wembley by Chelsea on opening day there for it.

Nor a drummer to force us into a chant or two when it gets quiet.

And I don't mean a stirring rendition of Ohh When The Spurs. That's standard fair for me and happens sporadically throughout a match anyway.

City have Blue Moon. Liverpool / Celtic YNWA. What have we got that really sets us apart??

If left to the club I fear it'll be some budget attempt to create an atmosphere by leaving out coloured squares on each seat to hold up.

...So I guess this is a call to arms for all those attending Weds or for the remaining home games.
What have we got up our sleeves??

We need to get this right from the very off, otherwise the novelty will quickly wear off and we'll fall into the same trap as Arsenal... A lifeless, souless place with no identity. Or worse, West Ham with some novelty bubble-blowing-esque trick.

Sure, we'll sing the usual numbers throughout the game, but what about for when the players walk out. Something that will make them go "fudge me, we've got a right mob here to impress!!" Maybe our own efforts will transcend onto the pitch to the players?

Can we bring "Can't Smile Without You" to the fore? I always think this is a great number yet so few fans sing it. Seems to be left to the away games. It's a start.

Have any STHs in a group got themselves some huge banner created to unveil?? Something we'll see every home game? I hear "The White Wall" banded about in the press, but that'll only work if we make it bigger and better once full.

Bring the ideas here. Serious ones mind. But BIG fudging IDEAS! The kind that can change everyone's view of Spurs and helps to create a legacy for the stadium going forward. It looks fantastic, everyone inside and outside of the club have acknowledged such. But it needs us to take it to the next level starting Wednesday.

We have one chance to get it right.

Would be great to get something like that going for the new stadium - create an intimidating atmosphere.

Lads.... its Spurs. We probably wont even win. Spursey and all that brick.

That's the spirit!

In fact, you've just proved exactly why the initial post was necessary.

And even if the team are inevitably going to be sexy come full time, then at least let them go out at kick off to an incredible atmosphere.

Just watched the highlights of the Legends game, and it's almost exactly the same pre-match intro as before. Same announcer bleating "Welcome to the world famous home of the Spurs" (never thought we are THE Spurs, we're just Spurs, no?). Same music, same C'mon You Spurs chant at kick off for a few seconds.

I get that we need certain things to feel like OWHL, but it wasn't intimidating before and needs more imo.

No need to reinvent the fanbase - we're more than capable of raising the roof as we are

Er...ok you lot, don't shoot me for this OMT!
It was actually a legit thread about creating an identity for the NWHL, not a place to discuss line ups, tactics and custard for Palace!!

@Mods - Was this really a necessary thread merge?? Seemed very separate things to me.

Er...ok you lot, don't shoot me for this OMT!
It was actually a legit thread about creating an identity for the NWHL, not a place to discuss line ups, tactics and custard for Palace!!

@Mods - Was this really a necessary thread merge?? Seemed very separate things to me.
Ah, the classic old ‘I didn’t mean to make this an OMT, OMT’ approach.

Good luck. You’re fried. 2-1 Palace.

I'm not really a fan of tifo and flags and the whole ultra culture where it seems some fans are more interested in what happens off the pitch than on it, but it would be a shame if we didn't put that 17k wall to use. I think it'll sort itself out though. 17k, improved acoustics, people who are there will want to join in just to hear how it sounds. I think we'll be rocking, despite poor form lately.

261202_withnail02.jpg

are you the moderator?

I've started an OMT by mistake

In view of what we have seen above, I feel your prediction is wildly optimistic Jon.
I was originally going for a big Spurs win, until I saw this faux OMT anger the real OMT gods.....

“Ye should not worship false OMT gods” as it didn’t say in the Ten Commandments. *

(* or might as well have done as it’s all made up anyway!...)

There are must wins, and then there are MUST WINS. 1 point from our last 15 is shocking form.

------------Lloris----------
Trippier-TBA-JVT--Rose
--Winks---Sissoko
Son---Dele---Eriksen
--------Kane-----------

If we played like we played against LFC, it'll be a great day. Play like we did against Burnley/Southampton, we are guaranteed Europa next season. Let's see it lads.

Back