• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Not necessarily a minority. There could be a lot of people who share those views but don't want to wade into this thousand page debate.

For me, ~ a couple of years ago Sissoko was clearly not good enough... then he got better and better until he does deserve a place in the middle of our squad.

A gargantuan leap.

That viewpoint I do agree with. Although I do believe in giving players some time. I don't expect new signings to hit the ground running... I think the only exception that I can recall from the past 7-8 years was Dele Alli... maybe Wanyama as well but he's not continued with that.

Point is, if you don't make your voice heard, how can anyone account for that? This is a forum.

I won’t completely slate him as he had an overall good game imo but I just don’t get why when in that position not just imagine you’re making a strong ground pass to an imaginary teammate stood behind the goal and pass it past the keeper?

Why welly it with your weaker foot? I just don’t get it.

I won’t completely slate him as he had an overall good game imo but I just don’t get why when in that position not just imagine you’re making a strong ground pass to an imaginary teammate stood behind the goal and pass it past the keeper?

Why welly it with your weaker foot? I just don’t get it.

It’s lack of confidence in your ability, Eriksen did the same thing with his chance in the first half.

The easiest thing is just to put your foot through it.

That is the saddest thing. VVD gambled and even if Sissoko had passed it towards the net VVD would’ve lost the gamble.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It wasn't a gamble in fairness. He's an exceptional defender but even if I'd been in that situation, I would have waved Sissoko through basically. He kept the passing angle to Son relatively tight and knew that Sissoko wasn't exactly odds on to score.

It's such a shame because the other way round, Son would have had so much of a better chance. And in reality, I'd have preferred pretty much any other outfield player in that position to Sissoko....

Ah wel. Harsh to blame himself, we missed a fair few other chances too.

Though I was fuming at the time.

The ONLY first-team player to step-up and accept full responsibility for what he didn't do. Our skipper is notable by his fudging around his specific issues. No Moussa, this was NOT all on you. But that is the sort of courage I wish some others would show.

He has the sort of character we need from all our players. He has come back from so much ridicule and never hides on the pitch. This time last year I would have sold him but now I love how hard he tried even if he is limited ability.

It wasn't a gamble in fairness. He's an exceptional defender but even if I'd been in that situation, I would have waved Sissoko through basically. He kept the passing angle to Son relatively tight and knew that Sissoko wasn't exactly odds on to score.

It's such a shame because the other way round, Son would have had so much of a better chance. And in reality, I'd have preferred pretty much any other outfield player in that position to Sissoko....

Ah wel. Harsh to blame himself, we missed a fair few other chances too.

Though I was fuming at the time.

We're in agreement mostly.

It was still a gamble, albeit as safe a bet as you could make. Mature defenders can size that up on the spot, and VVD did superbly. Thing is, right now, Sissoko is the only midfielder we have who can burst like that and create an opening like that from nowhere...

I found myself lamenting not having Winks on the pitch. A Winks or Dier there frees up a Dele to be another runner/in an advanced position to maybe take it on.

My mate pointed out that if Moussa had carried the ball an extra two yard and leathered it exactly the same way, it would've gone in. It didn't mis by as much as it looked. If only if only...

We're in agreement mostly.

It was still a gamble, albeit as safe a bet as you could make. Mature defenders can size that up on the spot, and VVD did superbly. Thing is, right now, Sissoko is the only midfielder we have who can burst like that and create an opening like that from nowhere...

I found myself lamenting not having Winks on the pitch. A Winks or Dier there frees up a Dele to be another runner/in an advanced position to maybe take it on.

My mate pointed out that if Moussa had carried the ball an extra two yard and leathered it exactly the same way, it would've gone in. It didn't mis by as much as it looked. If only if only...
Winks has been a huge miss. Dier too - despite his two illnesses. Our midfield has been greatly challenged his season with injuries. Having to chip and change these combinations must make it hard for the 11 to get a rhythm going.

fudging bricky Spur's fans being going after the guy on social media .. unbelievable

He takes responsibility .. fudging nonsense, scoring isn't his job, I'd have been over the moon if he had, but can't blame him if he doesn't.

Some of the abuse was truly gut churning.. Pathetic fudging low-life tossers out there.

He had yet another good game, he's not there to be scoring goals and its just a bonus if he does. At least he was there busting a gut yet again to be driving forward into the box and had the balls to take on the shot on his weaker foot (admittedly his shooting isn't great on his right but still stronger)....

I would have been annoy if I had missed that chance, it’s a normal reaction.
I still haven’t got over Lamela and City. Sissoko should have passed. As it would have sat dingdong on his arse!

Back