• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Always amazes me that those who are always slagging off the commentators on games do not do the simple thing, turn the sound down.

I've been listening to their gonad*s for 55 years or so. I learned to tune them out.

Mind Glenn, one of my favourite footballers, does come over as a bloody 'know all', my wife says he's like me!
Glenn must have been infuriating for players as a manager Mr "you don't want to do it like that".

If you’ve got a surround sound system then simply unplugging the Centre speaker should eliminate all the commentary whilst preserving the noise of the actual game.

Tried that, it’s a pain!
Best to shout at the TV as and when called for.

Tried that, it’s a pain!
Best to shout at the TV as and when called for.
Two options:

1. Just turn the centre down on your amp with the remote (remember what it is before you do so)
  2. A normally closed relay switch somewhere along the cable to the centre. You should be able to hook up a battery powered IR receiver and a fairly simple circuit

Two options:

1. Just turn the centre down on your amp with the remote (remember what it is before you do so)
  2. A normally closed relay switch somewhere along the cable to the centre. You should be able to hook up a battery powered IR receiver and a fairly simple circuit
Even better, you could take the switching mechanics from the guts of a guitar foot pedal. Then you could wall mount it and throw something at it whenever the commentator tinkles you off.

Far more satisfying.

If you’ve got a surround sound system then simply unplugging the Centre speaker should eliminate all the commentary whilst preserving the noise of the actual game.
Nothing simple about unplugging anything in my rig!
Also, as all my football is delivered by shall we shall ‘differnet’ means, it’s coming in stereo anyway then upmixed to surround modes. So using the AVR DSP setting to take the centre out, would just re-matrix the commentators voice back out the used channels anyway!

Just shoot Tyler. That’s the simplest option for me.

Back