• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

Redknapp talking total sense, who'd a thought?

Clearly has a soft spot for us which is nice to see, I think his achievements for us are not always given the right level of respect.

I can be as guilty as any one, but fair play to ol 'Arry here.

Edit: That fudge head host who kept bricking on about signings and spending really got on my tits, apologies if anyone ends up with a broken phone, tablet or tv.
Jake Humphreys is completely clueless! He should have stayed on CBBC, more his level.

Noticeable how about half way through, after the ‘wizard of sound bites’ had unloaded another juicy selection and changed the narrative, Hargreaves then started to repeat Harry’s messages! Despite the fact they contradicted what Hargreaves has been trotting out for months.

Poor simple Gabbidon was so Jedi-mind-tricked, that when surprised into speaking and put on the spot, he just dutifully repeated the last words spoken! :D

What is does demonstrate though is how an agenda is so easily driven via the media. Simply say a few easily repeatable messages, get someone to print or replay them, and hey ho - we now have the ‘go to’ comments when anyone is asked about that topic.

Finally, drip feed the party line out through the tabloid media to the mouth breathers, who then feed it back, enraged, into the radio phone ins and via social media...

The circle is complete - the narrative is now simply ‘what the fans are saying’.... and the cycle goes again with added gusto.

Indeed, always has been that way - worryingly not only in football, but in wider media and society also...

Indeed, always has been that way - worryingly not only in football, but in wider media and society also...
Yeah it used to be rival fans would pick something to rile you, even it was irrelevant to their own success but in the age where clicks and comments mean media ‘success’ and opinions are now trends there seems to be a lot more narratives being served up with little to back them up.

Redknapp talking total sense, who'd a thought?

Clearly has a soft spot for us which is nice to see, I think his achievements for us are not always given the right level of respect.

I can be as guilty as any one, but fair play to ol 'Arry here.

Edit: That fudge head host who kept bricking on about signings and spending really got on my tits, apologies if anyone ends up with a broken phone, tablet or tv.

Tom Kerridge has lost a bit of weight again. Nice tan as well, has he been to Spain?

Harry Redknapp has denied responsibility for Birmingham City's overspending, which could see the club deducted 12 points.

Birmingham signed 14 players during Redknapp's 13-match spell in charge, which saw him save the club from relegation to League One on the final day of the 2016-17 season - only to be sacked a month into the following campaign.

The transfer spend contributed to losses of £37.5m in the 12-month period before the end of June 2018, which could see the club punished this week after Birmingham bosses faced an EFL disciplinary commission for breaking profit and sustainability results.

A decision is expected before their game at West Bromwich Albion a week on Friday, live on Sky Sports, with a potential 12-point deduction seeing them fall to only two points above the relegation zone.

"It's surely down to the people who run the club, like the chief executive and the chairman, or whoever, to know if we've got any money to spend," Redknapp told The Daily Telegraph.

"I didn't know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that.

"There were three lads from Brentford that came in [Jota, Harlee Dean and Maxime Colin] - they were all good players but they weren't on my shopping list.

"I'd never even see any of them play, they were brought in by other people above my head.

"We bought in Isaac Vassell for £1m [from Luton Town], and he will be worth massive money in my opinion. He was an absolute bargain, but I can't even take credit for that because he was nothing to do with me, to be truthful.

"I don't think any of the signings were mine. I was taking John Ruddy on a free transfer from Norwich and instead they brought in David Stockdale from Brighton. The director of football [Jeff Vetere] wasn't brought in by me either."

Some things never change...

Harry Redknapp has denied responsibility for Birmingham City's overspending, which could see the club deducted 12 points.

Birmingham signed 14 players during Redknapp's 13-match spell in charge, which saw him save the club from relegation to League One on the final day of the 2016-17 season - only to be sacked a month into the following campaign.

The transfer spend contributed to losses of £37.5m in the 12-month period before the end of June 2018, which could see the club punished this week after Birmingham bosses faced an EFL disciplinary commission for breaking profit and sustainability results.

A decision is expected before their game at West Bromwich Albion a week on Friday, live on Sky Sports, with a potential 12-point deduction seeing them fall to only two points above the relegation zone.

"It's surely down to the people who run the club, like the chief executive and the chairman, or whoever, to know if we've got any money to spend," Redknapp told The Daily Telegraph.

"I didn't know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that.

"There were three lads from Brentford that came in [Jota, Harlee Dean and Maxime Colin] - they were all good players but they weren't on my shopping list.

"I'd never even see any of them play, they were bought in by other people above my head.

"We bought in Isaac Vassell for £1m [from Luton Town], and he will be worth massive money in my opinion. He was an absolute bargain, but I can't even take credit for that because he was nothing to do with me, to be truthful.

"I don't think any of the signings were mine. I was taking John Ruddy on a free transfer from Norwich and instead they bought in David Stockdale from Brighton. The director of football [Jeff Vetere] wasn't bought in by me either."

Some things never change...

Surely no coincidence.. Check Sandra's bank account for payments from agents.

He does have a point, partially at least, in that the board sign things off and really should be more responsible...

But I dont buy that he is whiter than white or bears no responsibility
They should be, but when it's (Levy aside) every single board he's worked for that ends up in financial trouble, you have to start considering the common denominator.

They should be, but when it's (Levy aside) every single board he's worked for that ends up in financial trouble, you have to start considering the common denominator.

Absolutely. Of course, the macarons who refused to see this trend are just that -macarons- but 'Arry doesn't exactly put the 'sponsible' in 'responsible' does he?!

By the way, Scara...not strictly Redknapp-related, though I believe this pair have both shared lunch bags in their time!!!!!!! Another favorite of ours in the news...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tigate-willie-mckay-kill-cardiff-staff-claims
He's worse than Redknapp.

The other question that article raises is why people like him are allowed into areas like that.

I was leaving a good (but nothing special) restaurant on Sunday as 3 Willie Mackay types were on their way in. The doorman of this place had his head screwed on and told them that the restaurant was full (obviously is wasn't, but you could smell the Range Rover Sport on them from a mile off). If only the world in general acted like that doorman, it would be a better place.

Harry Redknapp is playing a familiar tune to disown Birmingham’s blues

Birmingham’s owners brought the points deduction on themselves with some preposterous decisions. But why do these things keep happening to Harry?

Harry Redknapp used to tell a story, going back to his days as the manager of West Ham, that probably sums up why so many people within the industry, even those who are fond of his ways, usually take the policy that he can be pretty brazen sometimes when it comes to blurring the lines between the truth and, well, the other bits.

It goes back to the days when Slaven Bilic was a player at the club and had a buyout clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for £2.5m. Bilic had become disillusioned playing for a struggling team, where there was no money for elite signings, and went to see Redknapp one day to say he had been told Spurs wanted to pay the release fee.

It was true: Spurs did want him and had the money ready. Except that was the point Redknapp told his player to look again at the contract and, in particular, the small print. The clause had been worded carefully so the only way the transfer could happen was if West Ham agreed to it. They didn’t – and that made it entirely worthless. “Bilic is a fully qualified lawyer and must have thought his contract was watertight,” Redknapp would later recall in ’Arry, his 1999 autobiography. “But I went to the University of the Street in Stepney and I had done him up like a kipper.”

He's worse than Redknapp.

The other question that article raises is why people like him are allowed into areas like that.

I was leaving a good (but nothing special) restaurant on Sunday as 3 Willie Mackay types were on their way in. The doorman of this place had his head screwed on and told them that the restaurant was full (obviously is wasn't, but you could smell the Range Rover Sport on them from a mile off). If only the world in general acted like that doorman, it would be a better place.

An inspirational story. You should name the restaurant. I'd make an effort to get there sometime simply on principle.

All the other clubs had clueless chairman, if memory serves they were mainly new owners wanting to make a name for themselves. Im sure Redknapp went to Levy and wanted to spend bucketloads to which Levy said no. A manager is always going to want to spend money, you reckon Poch hasnt wanted to buy anyone for the last year? But Levy says no and thats the end of it, because he is the one that signs off the finances. If chairman are dumb enough to let Redknapp spend lavishly thats not on Redknapp, the chairman is the one there to oversee finances and if he doesnt budget correctly thats his fault....

All the other clubs had clueless chairman, if memory serves they were mainly new owners wanting to make a name for themselves. Im sure Redknapp went to Levy and wanted to spend bucketloads to which Levy said no. A manager is always going to want to spend money, you reckon Poch hasnt wanted to buy anyone for the last year? But Levy says no and thats the end of it, because he is the one that signs off the finances. If chairman are dumb enough to let Redknapp spend lavishly thats not on Redknapp, the chairman is the one there to oversee finances and if he doesnt budget correctly thats his fault....
What about all the dumb chairmen who didn't employ Redknapp and didn't go bust?

If dumb chairman = bankruptcy and Redknapp has nothing to do with it, shouldn't they all be bankrupt too?

What about all the dumb chairmen who didn't employ Redknapp and didn't go bust?

If dumb chairman = bankruptcy and Redknapp has nothing to do with it, shouldn't they all be bankrupt too?

This, its all right saying the chairman are to blame but " rent a quote" has left several clubs in trouble, he is a fraud but gets away with being one because of his mates in the press who had him on speed dail.

Back