• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I seem to be in the minority but I'd have preferred to open vs Brighton on the weekend.

Either way, haply to finally be getting in there.
I’d have preferred to have had a Saturday too, but in the grand scheme of things I’m just delighted it’s happening. Obviously because of the unknown transport changes with the first ever game with the new capacity I will have to leave work early that day!

Imagine the new WHL under lights, it's going to be one incredible evening that's for sure

roy.jpg

I suppose as its panned out a night game to show of the stadium and a London Derby is as good a game as any to get it going. I just want us in there. Should give the players a kick and we owe palace one for our FA Cup exit. Also a couple of their players can see what a lovely place they could be playing in ;)

Well, it’s finally happening.

Huge credit to all involved.

To those of us going: pleeeease give Levy a song. He deserves it.
It's not over yet. We depleted our team depth with no signings and selling dembele, let's wait to see if we've lost next year's champions league from a commanding position, and if so impact on players outgoing / incoming.

Safety design failures... Poorly done, someone must burn for that.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Linked news - if you believe the Guardian. Which I don't automatically.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...on-to-be-renamed-after-tottenham-hotspur-club

I hate that idea. The station is named after the Road and the old stadium after the station. Getting rid of White Hart Lane as a station name removes all the heritage. I reckon they just want it to stop the talk of the new stadium being called that name anyway. Call the Station Tottenham maybe? as there are no stations called just that. But dont name if after the club.

I'd prefer they just left it as is.
I guess the club feel that a corporate sponsor will be put off by the heritage link to WHL via the station.

Or Levy sees it as ‘Arsenal’ has a tube stop named after them and that’s not even a place.

For all the pleasure the most recent team managed by Poch has given me beyond my sporting expectations, football really seems to have jumped the shark. Player power, managers getting sacked after a handful of bad games, every thing that can be branded is, we now have Uefa talking about awarding tournament qualification based on heritage and having CL at the weekend. The expansion of world cups, hosted by countries with poor human rights records with no historical interest in football who would never qualify to participate in one on merit, VAR, non VAR, bad VAR, FFP meaning fudge fair play. ‘Fans’ running on the pitch and being cheered off after attacking a player.

All of the above make me realise this is like a drug to me, it’s not enough for me to stop my fix but so much of what I love about the game is being eroded by the parasites that run it.

*it’s not just footy, but it does feel like it has the the most readily available pound of flesh to be

Do we know if the tickets will be allocated by LPs or first come first served when the sale will open for members?
I'm thinking of flying over for the opening, but have only about 120 loyalty points, not sure if that'll be enough...
Rumour is the first poster on the 1000th page gets 2 lifetime season tickets for tunnel club...

Back