• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

We've already blown it really considering where we were. Confidence shot to fudge and it looks like the manager can't motivate them to have two good halves in the same game.

Wasn’t united like that not that long ago
Chelsea even had players refuse to leave the pitch
Things can change quickly in football
Only 4 days ago people we talking about an outstanding performance away at Dortmund

Wasn’t united like that not that long ago
Chelsea even had players refuse to leave the pitch
Things can change quickly in football
Only 4 days ago people we talking about an outstanding performance away at Dortmund

But now we got 3 weeks to let it linger and think about it.

But now we got 3 weeks to let it linger and think about it.

3 weeks to fester on the played heads that they blow the whole season or actually turn it around. No chance to forget where their at and the player go on international duty in a week to hear their team mates talk about how great everything is

If that can’t drive them on then what can

There's no way we will fail to finish in the top 4. We haven't been playing that well the last few games and we are 7 points clear of 4th place. We'll pick up again and our injuries will clear up more -- I think we are nailed on for top 3 again.

We might also just play a bit better against Southampton. We might not, of course. But if we don't defend like macarons, it will probably be enough to nick a win. Just nobody in the back 4/5 to act like a qunt, that's the strategy I hope we employ.

Stupid qunt, who talks such sh1t? Honestly...

I still think we'll finish top 4 - I think we'll get a point at Liverpool and win the others, bar Man C.

That said, it shouldnt hide the fact that we're badly missing Dembele's ability to control midfield, our full-backs are way below the standard from 3-4 years ago and we're 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas

We don't need widespread changes in the summer, but definitely need a CM, 1-2 attackers and ideally a right back (though not expecting the latter)

I still think we'll finish top 4 - I think we'll get a point at Liverpool and win the others, bar Man C.

That said, it shouldnt hide the fact that we're badly missing Dembele's ability to control midfield, our full-backs are way below the standard from 3-4 years ago and we're 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas

We don't need widespread changes in the summer, but definitely need a CM, 1-2 attackers and ideally a right back (though not expecting the latter)

I like your optimism and hope you're right re the first part.
You are bang on, re parts 2 and 3; however i disagree re your definition of those suggested changes; that will be a widespread change and i think it will be a big departure from how we have operated in the past for that to come into fruition....really REALLY missing control and composure in midfield now...chickens have come home to roost...fail to prepare, prepare to fail etc etc

The reality is 6 wins from 8 (assuming losses at Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project) would give us 79 pts which has always been enough for top 4 in PL history.

As things stand ahead of today’s fixtures Man U can get a maximum 85 but play woolwich today Chelsea home and City home (plus have FA Cup and champ league);

woolwich can get 84 - they have Man U as toughest on paper but also have away games at Leicester wolves Watford Everton and Burnley - they have won 1 of last 7 away and also lost both two Europa games so they’d need a massive upturn in results to get anything near full points.

Chelsea could get 86 and play Liverpool and Man U plus Leicester away and wolves home (today) plus are highly likely to go deeper in the Europa.

With our next game at Liverpool it’s highly likely to get worse before it gets better; in fact I’d say it’s nailed on we’ll be out of the top 4 when we kick off in the first game at WHL (Man U play Watford, Chelsea away to Everton and Cardiff and woolwich home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine before our next home game).

From that point we need to maximise home advantage and hope they intangibles of new whl will make a difference. With 4 points from 15 (and projected defeat at anfield) this is our worst run of form Since April 2015 but I do have faith that we will turn it around to gain those 79 points before end of season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

All sounds great but will we actually win the games we should?

Or will some utter prick score an absurd own goal or another of the same description do an absolutely unbelievable step over in his own 6 yard box. Will a centre half do an astonishing almost impossible to achieve weird ultra downward header on the half way line gifting an easy counter attack to the opposition.

Will Poch flutter with a Foyth here and a KWP there.

Will we steer clear of injuries? No Winks and our central midfield is nowhere near good enough.

We need a massive upturn to even win all these home games against park the bus sides.

Will they display the desire and concentration required to keep going if its not going our way in these games or will they revert to recent type and say ‘ah nevermind, cant be fudged’.

Some of you won’t like this, but maybe it will teach some of you not to be so arrogant about our rivals. All season I’ve heard posters talk down the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U making out like we are so much better than them when in reality there is no real difference in quality at all. They’ve all dropped out of the top 4 in recent years, and we will at some point too whether it’s this year or not. I often hear other fans say the thing they hate about Spurs fans is because they have delusions of grandeur and I was a bit mythed as to what they were talking about until coming on sites like this. We’ve won absolutely nothing in recent times yet a couple of seasons where we actually finish ahead of our rivals for once and we talk them down as if we are far superior. It’s cringeworthy and might come back to bite us in the bum....

The reality is 6 wins from 8 (assuming losses at Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project) would give us 79 pts which has always been enough for top 4 in PL history.

As things stand ahead of today’s fixtures Man U can get a maximum 85 but play woolwich today Chelsea home and City home (plus have FA Cup and champ league);

woolwich can get 84 - they have Man U as toughest on paper but also have away games at Leicester wolves Watford Everton and Burnley - they have won 1 of last 7 away and also lost both two Europa games so they’d need a massive upturn in results to get anything near full points.

Chelsea could get 86 and play Liverpool and Man U plus Leicester away and wolves home (today) plus are highly likely to go deeper in the Europa.

With our next game at Liverpool it’s highly likely to get worse before it gets better; in fact I’d say it’s nailed on we’ll be out of the top 4 when we kick off in the first game at WHL (Man U play Watford, Chelsea away to Everton and Cardiff and woolwich home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine before our next home game).

From that point we need to maximise home advantage and hope they intangibles of new whl will make a difference. With 4 points from 15 (and projected defeat at anfield) this is our worst run of form Since April 2015 but I do have faith that we will turn it around to gain those 79 points before end of season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It would be so very S p u r s y for our players to run out at the New Lane for the first time to a chorus of boos.

;)

If the goons lose today, they are done imo. They won't get the away wins required for them to grab top 4, they are hopeless away from home.

Right now, we need Chelsea to slip up and Arsenal to be Arsenal (and keep losing/drawing away from home). It seems our most likely route to Champions League football from here is to squeak 4th ahead of Chelsea, with Man Utd getting 3rd.

Win our home games and hope it's enough.

Back