• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Don't care if I get tickets for the event now I'm a bit MEH after yesterday. Can never watch match of the day if we lose, and undecided if I'm gonna watch the united game today now.

I do try and not let it affect me but you know when you wake up and have a dark cloud over you and think what is that? And you turn on the tele and see match of the day....

15 days until the first test event. Any chance of any of those being filmed, you reckon? I hope someone puts up a Periscope stream or something. :D
Can you imagine how awesome it must be for those U18 players to be the first to actually play out there in front of 20k? Goddamn.

I believe the legends match will have broadcasters present as part of the ‘test’ - suggests it will be ‘live’ somewhere but not sure if that will be in UK as will clash with a live pl game on sky/bt.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

interesting West Ham are at home vs Everton 5.30pm on the 30th March same time as our 45k test event??? hows that going to work...

Not a problem- we’ve often played same day and time as West Ham its only woolwich we cant clash with; with 12 London league clubs they just can’t split everyone. Therefore unless they change our opposite fixture from woolwich to west Ham there will be plenty of occasions in the future that 120000 fans will be going to whl and Olympic stadium for same ko!

Don't care if I get tickets for the event now I'm a bit MEH after yesterday. Can never watch match of the day if we lose, and undecided if I'm gonna watch the united game today now.

I do try and not let it affect me but you know when you wake up and have a dark cloud over you and think what is that? And you turn on the tele and see match of the day....
I’m going to leave it a season or two until we’re in the championship, then I can just get a ticket on the turnstile on the day....

Watching MOTD when we lose is a must and is the early of the early part of recovery by confronting one's fears ;)

Last edited:

Cant see Brighton losing next week, so looks like the 1st match at new WHL will midweek v Palace.

A few months ago I would have been gutted at not being able to make the first match there, after the years of travelling down to old WHL. But now, I am the same. Never watch MOTD after a loss, and most times after a draw. Only one trip to Wembley this season. Our days of 20/25 live matches a season have long gone.

Will def try and make the Everton match on the last day to say we've been, but definitely losing a lot of love of the game right now. Maybe just a little down with everything at the minute. Lets see what 3 weeks off brings

Cant see Brighton losing next week, so looks like the 1st match at new WHL will midweek v Palace.

A few months ago I would have been gutted at not being able to make the first match there, after the years of travelling down to old WHL. But now, I am the same. Never watch MOTD after a loss, and most times after a draw. Only one trip to Wembley this season. Our days of 20/25 live matches a season have long gone.

Will def try and make the Everton match on the last day to say we've been, but definitely losing a lot of love of the game right now. Maybe just a little down with everything at the minute. Lets see what 3 weeks off brings

I totally appreciate the feeling of despondency right now. And far be it for me to tell any committed fan like yourself how to feel.
But you have never struck me as a go to a game “ just to say we’ve been” kind of person. And you will have witnessed far worse in the past than what we are experiencing now. I think it’s the huge drop from exciting anticipation to tough reality that’s hard for us all to grasp, especially when the drop seems unfathomable.
And it’s difficult to argue that what the team needs right now is our support, when it looks like the players don’t really care (I don’t believe that to be the case but can see why it might be thought so). But they do need our support.
Getting into the new ground couldn’t have come at a better time. It will lift the fans - another game at Wembley on the back of our recent form doesn’t bear thinking about - and hopefully that lift will translate to the players, enough to see us battle to get that CL spot for next season.
Summer is then the time for post mortems.

I totally appreciate the feeling of despondency right now. And far be it for me to tell any committed fan like yourself how to feel.
But you have never struck me as a go to a game “ just to say we’ve been” kind of person. And you will have witnessed far worse in the past than what we are experiencing now. I think it’s the huge drop from exciting anticipation to tough reality that’s hard for us all to grasp, especially when the drop seems unfathomable.
And it’s difficult to argue that what the team needs right now is our support, when it looks like the players don’t really care (I don’t believe that to be the case but can see why it might be thought so). But they do need our support.
Getting into the new ground couldn’t have come at a better time. It will lift the fans - another game at Wembley on the back of our recent form doesn’t bear thinking about - and hopefully that lift will translate to the players, enough to see us battle to get that CL spot for next season.
Summer is then the time for post mortems.
Top top post, I do think the Wembley experience coupled with refunds have changed the sense of change commitment we felt at WHL, the fact we still have the CL, champions league placing and finishing above / depriving our two biggest rivals of CL income is a big incentive for us all to find a second wind for the run in.

COYS

Not a problem- we’ve often played same day and time as West Ham its only woolwich we cant clash with; with 12 London league clubs they just can’t split everyone. Therefore unless they change our opposite fixture from woolwich to west Ham there will be plenty of occasions in the future that 120000 fans will be going to whl and Olympic stadium for same ko!

I didn’t realise that NWHL had a capacity of 90k+

Back