• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Im pretty sure test events can't be official fixtures so can't see the ladies game being one of them - much more likely a screening of an away game or some other exhibition fixture.

Wouldn’t an U23s League game count as an official fixture? I think that was one of the original test events.

Wouldn’t an U23s League game count as an official fixture? I think that was one of the original test events.

if that was the case then that would certainly blow my thinking out of the water, can't remember if it was a league game or a friendly fixture though

That is bloody good!

Brought a tear to my eye, last two years of my life in a couple of minutes. OK not my entire life obvs, I ain't that sad :p (although my missus may argue on that score:rolleyes:) and there's only 18 months of vids but you know what I mean.

Also interesting to see the increasing production values from Mr AV (which were always high tbf) over the period. Hats off!

I believe (I’m not an expert), that any event can be a year event. The issue is capacity constraints for each and every one

We have ti stagger the capacity increase after each event to get to full capacity

First event 20k
Second event 40k
Final event (opening) 62k

Ah, so just an “Academy” game then, which could be anything.
Don’t know why I had U23s v Brighton U23s in my mind as one of the original events. Maybe that’s who the U23s were due to play that day and it was just an assumption it would be the test event.

Anyway, fingers crossed all will be revealed this week.

yes you remember correctly - it was due to be an U23 fixture v Brighton which was a standard PL U23 fixture - from memory it was played on the same date but at Stevenage.

I would imagine for the sake of using a test event as just that - an event to test processes - that at least one would be an actual football match (as opposed to an open training session or screening of away game etc) that they will want to select either an academy or Ladies fixture. It wouldn't need to be a pre-scheduled fixture but either way you'd think they'll need at least a couple of weeks lead-in time from time of announcement.

And the beers going marching in...

Screenshot2019-03-04at144948png.png

Big signal that the stadium is good to go. Kegs of Heineken delivered to MegaLane™.

Back