• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very disappointed with this draw. Thought we will lift our game against Arsenal and do enough to win. Instead we failed to lift our game and played poorly for most of the match. At least we got the draw and managed to keep our unbeaten home league record against Arsenal since Pochettino took over. In fact, we have only lost 1 league match to Arsenal at home in the last 10 years and that was under Arsenal fan Sherwood in 2014. We have to thank Lloris for this draw for saving the last minute penalty. But this draw won't help us much as our title race is virtually over and we have been dragged down to fight for the third and fourth place instead.

Well done to Kane for continuing his goal scoring run against Arsenal with a well taken penalty. Too bad he couldn't help us get the winning goal. It was a lucky penalty as Kane appeared offside when he was fouled. Disappointingly apart from the penalty we didn't look like scoring. Kane did score with a good header in the first half but was ruled offside. Eriksen and Sissoko had chances but they shot direct at the goalie while Alderweireld too wasted his chance. Eriksen's miss was really disappointing as he had all the time in the world to beat the goalie but hit it straight to him. Thought Son will score but he was missing for the whole match. I think Lamela should have started this match as he improved our attack after coming on in the second half. In fact, it was Lamela who won us the freekick from which we got the penalty after Kane was fouled. Also Moura should have come on in the second half instead of Llorente, Just like against Chelsea, our attack became toothless after Llorente came on. It shows yet again that Kane and Llorente cannot play together.

Our midfield of Sissoko and Wanyama had a mixed match. They played well in patches but failed to control the midfield fully. Sissoko worked hard as usual but he still needs to improve his finishing. He should have done better with his goal scoring chance when he hit the shot direct at the goalie. Good to see Wanyama starting in midfield after his injury problems but he looked rusty. But it was still strange to see Wanyama taken off in the second half and his midfield duties given to Rose. Thought someone like Sanchez should have played in midfield instead of Rose who made many mistakes.

Our defence had another disappointing match. We conceded yet another soft goal and gave away a soft penalty. Ofcourse both those mistakes were committed by Sanchez who had another error-prone match. Not sure why Pochettino keeps on playing error-prone Sanchez and Foyth in big matches. our defence is compact when we only play Alderweireld and Vertonghen in defence. It was a stupid mis header by Sanchez which resulted in their goal. Not sure why our entire defence were so far away in the first place. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were missing as the Arsenal player went past Wanyama to score the goal. Sanchez was also naive to concede the penalty like that late in the match. The Arsenal player clearly dived but Sanchez gave him the chance by tackling like that. Fortunately for us, Lloris saved the penalty and Vertonghen cleared the follow up. Good to see Lloris saving his second consecutive penalty after also saving Vardy's penalty against Leicester.

So, this is our first league draw of the season after going 28 matches without a draw previously. It is already a new PL record but too bad we couldn't overtake the all-time league record of 30 matches without a draw set by Stoke in 1896. With this draw, we are now winless in 3 matches which have destroyed our chances to win the league. We badly need to get back to winning ways to stay in the top 4 race.
This draw has helped us in the fact we are 4 points ahead of goons and not 1 had we lost. It was imperative we didn't lose to them and we didn't so I think it was a good result. You can't expect to win all your North London derbies they are a mixed bag and can go either way.

Would have taken a draw before the game and that's not being negative just think they had the players to damage us and we had come off two poor
losses.

Also, IMO we were out of the title race when we lost to Burnley.

This draw has helped us in the fact we are 4 points ahead of goons and not 1 had we lost. It was imperative we didn't lose to them and we didn't so I think it was a good result. You can't expect to win all your North London derbies they are a mixed bag and can go either way.

Would have taken a draw before the game and that's not being negative just think they had the players to damage us and we had come off two poor
losses.

Also, IMO we were out of the title race when we lost to Burnley.

More like when we lost against United ! Then the injuries!

A good read. Wow - they ARE worse than us! Hard to believe!

Their sense of entitlement and one-sidedness is just mind blowing!!!!!

Its what I hate about these pricks the most.

Its especially prevalent amongst the mass invasion, of their already fairweather support, by gloryhunting bellends who latched onto them during the early wenger years.

They have got an incredibly brick fan base these days.

Strange NLd....I cant remember ever seeing us so flat in the fixture....even when they were much better than us in the 90s/early 00s we generally out fought them. Suspect this is down entirely to physical condition as you cant question the desire of a Poch team.

Another huge defensive mistake leads to a goal...Sanchez this time....poor decision to play the ball when he was the last man and made worse by poor technique. Thats 3 goals in a week all down to unenforced defensive errors.

Arsenal managed the game well at 1-0; they were happy for us to have lots of the ball without ever really threatening. However they lacked quality to put us under enough pressure to force a second goal.

Our lack of control in midfield is striking; the strength of Poch Spurs teams has been the ability to strangle a game in midfield usually dembele or a once-fit wanyama. dier is probably our best option when fit but clearly this is a huge area for us in the transfer window.

Strange NLd....I cant remember ever seeing us so flat in the fixture....even when they were much better than us in the 90s/early 00s we generally out fought them. Suspect this is down entirely to physical condition as you cant question the desire of a Poch team.

Another huge defensive mistake leads to a goal...Sanchez this time....poor decision to play the ball when he was the last man and made worse by poor technique. Thats 3 goals in a week all down to unenforced defensive errors.

Arsenal managed the game well at 1-0; they were happy for us to have lots of the ball without ever really threatening. However they lacked quality to put us under enough pressure to force a second goal.

Our lack of control in midfield is striking; the strength of Poch Spurs teams has been the ability to strangle a game in midfield usually dembele or a once-fit wanyama. dier is probably our best option when fit but clearly this is a huge area for us in the transfer window.
Should go all out for Ndombele I think he would have been the difference in our big games this year. Think he will go to city though so maybe a cheaper version would be Doucourè from Watford?

Disappointed that we only drew yesterday but that says more about how far we’ve come. 5 years ago we would have been happy with a point against that lot. Wouldn’t say I was expecting a win but I was expecting a better performance and to create more chances than we did. If we’re being brutally honest, we haven’t played well consistently all season. It looked like we were starting to turn it on when we destroyed Everton. If you go back even further, we limped over the line last season and that form carried over in this season. There are other mitigating factors of course, injuries, the World Cup. We were no doubt helped by Chelsea imploding last season and Liverpool taking their eye off the ball in the league and focusing on the CL.

Once again another mistake caused led to the opposition scoring a goal. It happens far too frequently in big games. You just can’t gift goals to teams like arsenal and Chelsea. Those games are hard enough as it is. Not sure how Poch solves that. You can’t legislate for brain farts like the ones Sanchez and Trippier made this week. One option is to not play people like trippier but we don’t have great options at RB. I don’t care what anyone says, moments like that are about bottle and far too often for our liking we fall short, something is missing and it’s not ability IMO.

The good news is we are still 3rd. Form aside, I’d rather be in our position with points on the board. We’ve got three teams chasing us who are coming into good form at the right time. If you offered me 4th right now I’d take it but 3rd is still in our hands.

love that video of Jenas celebrating hugos's pen save above and wiping that grin off monkey-head.
That was one of the most important draws this club has ever got and you'll see why in a few weeks, if it wasn't for that save and Vert's subsequent goalline clearance (i still don't know how he did it after watching 10x), 3 losses in a row and 2 back to back derby losses would have really set this team back especially with chelsea and man U picking up points. Of course their one shouldn't have been give but Davidson plays so inexperienced sometimes, toby or verts wouldn't have allowed abamayang to get into that position, Rose was shocking the whole game, foyt is a work in progress so Poch has some headaches at the back for sure. Such a cool pen from Kane, you can't underestimate the pressure he was under there. The scum defended as well as Ive seen them defend this season, very physical game and I'd rather we be playing on wednesday but u know the PL/FA never do us any favours. Thank GHod for that point again.

love that video of Jenas celebrating hugos's pen save above and wiping that grin off monkey-head.
That was one of the most important draws this club has ever got and you'll see why in a few weeks, if it wasn't for that save and Vert's subsequent goalline clearance (i still don't know how he did it after watching 10x), 3 losses in a row and 2 back to back derby losses would have really set this team back especially with chelsea and man U picking up points. Of course their one shouldn't have been give but Davidson plays so inexperienced sometimes, toby or verts wouldn't have allowed abamayang to get into that position, Rose was shocking the whole game, foyt is a work in progress so Poch has some headaches at the back for sure. Such a cool pen from Kane, you can't underestimate the pressure he was under there. The scum defended as well as Ive seen them defend this season, very physical game and I'd rather we be playing on wednesday but u know the PL/FA never do us any favours. Thank GHod for that point again.
We were 1230 kick off so first game of the weekend so the only other option would have been Friday night pm kick off but after a Wednesday kick off that would never have happened.

Surprised hearing how Gooners thought they were much the better team and controlled the game.

They should have won ONLY on the basis that they had a penalty (poor decision mind) and usually penalties are scored 9 times out of ten.

Beyond that they were hardly a threat, never adventurous, and showed little quality. Nor did we really BUT we kind of expected that, we're not in form at all. They've had some decent results and had a real carrot in pulling us back to a point with a win.

I think Lacazette and Aubang are decent but the lack of quality is obvious. Ramsey going, Kolscelny can barely walk and Ozil the part timer...I'm surprised theyre so chipper. There was nothing in yesterday s game to excite either set of fans....except it's obvious that when we are in any kind of form we're way better than them.

I don't think they're run in is as easy as people think...they've got those horrible places to go like Wolves Watford Burnley Leicester.

Surprised hearing how Gooners thought they were much the better team and controlled the game.

They should have won ONLY on the basis that they had a penalty (poor decision mind) and usually penalties are scored 9 times out of ten.

Beyond that they were hardly a threat, never adventurous, and showed little quality. Nor did we really BUT we kind of expected that, we're not in form at all. They've had some decent results and had a real carrot in pulling us back to a point with a win.

I think Lacazette and Aubang are decent but the lack of quality is obvious. Ramsey going, Kolscelny can barely walk and Ozil the part timer...I'm surprised theyre so chipper. There was nothing in yesterday s game to excite either set of fans....except it's obvious that when we are in any kind of form we're way better than them.

I don't think they're run in is as easy as people think...they've got those horrible places to go like Wolves Watford Burnley Leicester.

Both penalties were wrong to be awarded for different reasons but on the balance of chances created scum should have won the game. They were more than happy to let us have the ball and hit us on the counter.

Agree about the fixtures. They will definitely drop points. We just have to make sure we win every game besides Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool cos I can see us losing both and our goal difference taking a hit.

Both penalties were wrong to be awarded for different reasons but on the balance of chances created scum should have won the game. They were more than happy to let us have the ball and hit us on the counter.

Agree about the fixtures. They will definitely drop points. We just have to make sure we win every game besides Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool cos I can see us losing both and our goal difference taking a hit.

Why should our penalty not have stood?

Kane wasn’t offside

I think this is probably the worst Arsenal side since before Wenger took over. I thought they were really poor.

Back