• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t see why we are so honest with our player availability before the game, why not let the opposition prepare for the possibility of a player being available or state someone is out and then start them as a positive surprise?

I just think he is a safer option over Aurier, i dont rate Aurier one bit, he is a liability. Trippier is just having a bad season but he is ahead for me. I still think we need a new right back anyway in the summer.
Aurier has been pretty damn solid when he's played, and delivered both goals and assists. Trippier has been awful! Haven't done the count, but my word he's at fault for a lot of goals this season. If anyone is a liability, it's Trippier! There is no other way of seeing it.

They have won 1 away league game in their last 7. And that was Huddersfield.

I suspect they will be playing the 3 at the back.

I'd think Poch will go for

---------------Lloris

Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen

Aurier -------Winks---------Rose

------Sissoko ------Eriksen

--------Son----Kane

I can see him choosing Skipp over Wanyama(never the same after knee surgery) if Winks isn't fit.

He will play a back three to deal with Arsenal's playing two strikers.

I don’t see why we are so honest with our player availability before the game, why not let the opposition prepare for the possibility of a player being available or state someone is out and then start them as a positive surprise?

I guess it's a kind of best practice. All clubs do it.
There is the "late fitness test" that keeps some uncertainty, and we've recently had Lamela, Jan and Dier missing games without being cited as not available in the preceding press conference.

Aurier has been pretty damn solid when he's played, and delivered both goals and assists. Trippier has been awful! Haven't done the count, but my word he's at fault for a lot of goals this season. If anyone is a liability, it's Trippier! There is no other way of seeing it.
Not saying I agree with all of it or there haven’t been other goals that could be deemed errors but someone sent me this under the heading ‘mistakes leading to goals this season ‘yesterday
47B50938-9B5B-4E04-BAF5-C7A4CD542CF4.jpeg

I think it's time our team re-discovered some attacking verve and some grit. They need to come out firing on all cylinders, press until they vomit, don't give the Goons a second to settle and be more clinical than a medical conference.

This.

My mood this week has been somewhat melancholy after those last 2 defeats both of which made worse by the way we played.

I want to see a massive response, if we fail to turn up again I fear for a top 4 finish.

Spurs 3 (Kane, Son, Sissoko) Arse 1 (OG Trippier)

COYS!

If we were selling either, I find it hard to see another top six side being interested. I see that as a good indicator that it is a position where we could improve.

The more I reflect on Wednesday’s debacle the more I’m thinking that the slow anaemic tempo was a deliberate tactic perhaps because Poch knows that the tank is nearly empty and we just couldn’t go high octane at Chelsea and have anything left for woolwich and/or Dortmund. To be fair only two very easily avoidable error riden goals denied us what would have been an underwhelming yet useful point.

Unfortunately since Wednesday winks has now picked up a knock and vertonghen is also a doubt so we may have to start tomorrow’s game with some pragmatism too.

This lethargy, perhaps deliberate, has been an ongoing issue though - we’ve only scored 2 first half goals in the last 11 games (one a penalty and the other from a set piece).

Not sure what value my point makes in context of tomorrow’s game but I get the feeling Poch is desperately managing severe fatigue which is exasperated with multiple games within a short period of time.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back