• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Does anyone think they'll actually miss WHL once we're up and running at the new stadium?

NWHL looks amazing, and if the atmosphere is as good as it's promised to be, I personally think I won't. Which is strange of course because I loved the old lady and was sad to see her go, and I always thought it would never be the same in a new stadium. But as building has progressed, boy has NWHL won me over. I can't wait to go there for the first time.

I could be wrong of course, maybe NWHL will feel too plastic and corporate and over hyped, but somehow I don't think so. I think - and It's a sad thing to say - that WHL will become a faded memory faster than I thought.
Not sure but I think it's going to feel and look like the old white Hart Lane anyway. As mentioned before we are pretty much on the same pitch. It's just a modernised white Hart Lane. The badger is there. They've named Paxton in part of the ground so I reckon it'll feel very similar to the old ground.

Does anyone think they'll actually miss WHL once we're up and running at the new stadium?

NWHL looks amazing, and if the atmosphere is as good as it's promised to be, I personally think I won't. Which is strange of course because I loved the old lady and was sad to see her go, and I always thought it would never be the same in a new stadium. But as building has progressed, boy has NWHL won me over. I can't wait to go there for the first time.

I could be wrong of course, maybe NWHL will feel too plastic and corporate and over hyped, but somehow I don't think so. I think - and It's a sad thing to say - that WHL will become a faded memory faster than I thought.

Been thinking about that. This period of playing at Wembley has been acclimatising to some extent, I suppose. WHL has been long gone for a while already, so finally getting into the new stadium will be ace no matter what.

I'm excited about the first visit. I really doubt we'll get that insanely intimate feeling of old whl at the new stadium, but hopefully 60k and that wall will make up for it. :)

Some more pics I've stumbled across.

You sound bored. Pop into the politics thread and get whatever you want to say off your chest. Better than clogging this thread up with fluff.
I've been in there.

Bored of reading your sh.it:D

;)

Plus clogging this thread up with fluff is very much welcomed, if the past 10 pages are anything to go by.

Been thinking about that. This period of playing at Wembley has been acclimatising to some extent, I suppose. WHL has been long gone for a while already, so finally getting into the new stadium will be ace no matter what.

I'm excited about the first visit. I really doubt we'll get that insanely intimate feeling of old whl at the new stadium, but hopefully 60k and that wall will make up for it. :)

Some more pics I've stumbled across.

European nights at NWHL will be bloody brilliant! :D Agreed on the acclimatisation - It's been almost two years already, and even if I've never seen us at Wembley, it feels like the transition is well underway.

Not sure but I think it's going to feel and look like the old white Hart Lane anyway. As mentioned before we are pretty much on the same pitch. It's just a modernised white Hart Lane. The badger is there. They've named Paxton in part of the ground so I reckon it'll feel very similar to the old ground.

Good points - I mean, walking there from Seven Sisters will still be the same, we'll just spot the stadium sooner. And I love how they've integrated the old stadium and its history in NWHL. I guess that will make it feel like our old home, in a way.

I think having the best part of two years away at Wembley will help in that regard as moving to the new ground will very much feel like we're moving back as opposed to moving somewhere new - it's going to be some atmosphere for the opening game i tell you...

I'm just teasing mate.

But you're definitely not averse to boosting your post count or posting completely unrelated thread content :ross:
On a serious note I'm not posting to boost my post count at all. Im a superstitious kinda girl and do believe that if we reach 1000 posts we will become closer to opening the ground. Albeit I do believe the posts should be legitimate and not just one worded responses. For example I wear spurs socks on match days and don't post in match threads on here at the moment. I also only watch a minimum of 45 minutes of the game every time without fail too.

"Stunning" says yer man, Robbo.

Decent, says I, looking over the aerial shots and remaining pretty clear headed.

I mean, y'know, it's yer basic bored-bachelor-bloke-with-RC-toy-he'd-trade-in-an-instant-for-a-toy-chosen-by-good-looking-bird-he-fancies-who-can't-fathom-why-blokes-would-rather-play-wi'-drones-like pic.

Last edited:
"Stunning" says yer man, Robbo.

Decent, says I, looking over the aerial shots and remaining pretty clear headed.

I mean, y'know, it's yer basic bored-bachelor-bloke-with-RC-toy-he'd-trade-in-an-instant-for-a-toy-chosen-by-good-looking-bird-he-fancies-who-can't-fathom-why-blokes-would-rather-play-wi'-drones-like pic.

We talking wabbits here?

I will only repeat what I said on my tour of everything back in early January. When I stepped out into the stands themselves, it literally took my breath. It managed to achieve this impossible thing; feeling like home and feeling like a mighty new cathedral. My instant feeling was that we will fudging smash teams in there and these players are going to fall in love with it. Like we will. Somehow -and this must be architects!- they have managed to make it feel like "home" and in some way, a tad like the old Lane in terms of closeness to the pitch and overall vibe. It is incredible, and every time I see Levy get slagged off I just fudging have too laugh because he has been all over delivering this like a persistent rash, and whether it took an extra 8 months or not will seem like sweet fudge all when we are finally in. It really really will. Which is why we have to keep supporting at Wembley whenever we get the chance! Because this is going to be the fudging business!

I first walked through the gates in 1961 and its been my second home ever since so yes i will miss it, however as others have said its still on the same piece of ground, i will still approach it from the same direction, still have the same landmarks on my way to the ground, my heart will still be full of anticipation, excitement, hope, joy.

As for it fading from my memory i doubt that will ever happen, so many days of utter joy ( and sadness at times) there will be so many games that will be remembered, and as for the euro nights under the lights that will live with me for ever.

I’m a nostalgic type of guy so I think I’ll miss it and some elements will never be replaced. I might even miss the bits about WHL I didn’t like.

When the cellophane is finally taken off and it will take a while to make the new place seem like home, the fact that we will be recreating old journeys and pre match routines is a good start, the pre and post game drink and food offer could go a long way to creating a new culture where what used to be a nod and a grunt now becomes an in depth discussion with ‘the bloke I see at football’. This may also include the important things like the benefits of a back 3 along with any mental health gains and in game solidarity.

The two biggest challenges for the new stadium will be the post game travel, especially for mid week evening or later kick offs and the change in atmosphere. I’m hoping the latter will be much improved on Wembley when more people attend in groups and attend most games, thus keeping like minded fans together consistently along the physical design features added to the new WHL to benefit this.

We left WHL on an incredible high, going unbeaten and with a great young team emerging. Wembley has been a big step down for many reasons, but the same team and it’s continued improvement has meant I’ve still managed to take some good memories and experiences from our time there. When all is said and done it’s still what happens on the pitch that will put bums on seats (standing during moments of high excitement)

Back