• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Audience participation time! EPL or Champions League

Which would you prefer to win?

• Premier League

• Champions League

Results are only viewable after voting.
Difficult one. To win the PL from here we'd likely need to win practically every one of our remaining 12 games, including those away to Liverpool and City. That would be freakishly amazing.

Whereas to win the CL we could in theory afford to lose three of five games on the way to the the final provided we won each round over two legs, so maybe the easier of the two journeys.

But for me the CL carries more kudos so that's where my vote's going.

If it has to be a choice, then PL I think, to start with.

If we are talking ideal scenarios, then I’d ideally want to win our first PL at NWHL. So if we are likely to remain at Wembley I’d sacrifice PL for CL, as long as this is dreaming only and we still get to win the PL next year.

(This should probably be in the SNV forum?)

Difficult one. To win the PL from here we'd likely need to win practically every one of our remaining 12 games, including those away to Liverpool and City. That would be freakishly amazing.

Whereas to win the CL we could in theory afford to lose three of five games on the way to the the final provided we won each round over two legs, so maybe the easier of the two journeys.
He didn't ask that, he asked which would you rather win.

For me, the PL because that is 38 games of awesomeness. CL is a cup knockout comp (even though it is called "league") so there is more kudos in the PL.

He didn't ask that, he asked which would you rather win.

For me, the PL because that is 38 games of awesomeness. CL is a cup knockout comp (even though it is called "league") so there is more kudos in the PL.
Fair point, but I note you craftily omitted the last line of my post where I did indeed answer his question:

But for me the CL carries more kudos so that's where my vote's going.
:p

Go back a few years and I doubt CL would have got one vote.
Interesting to see how we all change.
Now at least there is a question to be asked.

My next one maybe to do with the League cup participation.

PL for me would be the greater achievement.

I always think a league win is better than a cup win, which will often include a fair deal of fortune.

To win the premier league, with the injuries we have had, our wage bill compared to much richer teams, the competition we are up against...

...I think it would be incredible.

Club World Cup ---

(*it may have been the point when only Champions were in it, not now IMO).
Good point

The Club World Cup or World Club Cup or whatever it is called... basically South America versus Europe... that is a real joke of a game, I've never watched it or cared it is on TV, it is like the charity shield.

Good point

The Club World Cup or World Club Cup or whatever it is called... basically South America versus Europe... that is a real joke of a game, I've never watched it or cared it is on TV, it is like the charity shield.
Huge in South America, biggest game of the year most years

Champions League all day .. always ...

PL is UK bragging rights, CL is global recognition
- The biggest sides count CL

Add to the fact, the Scum have never won it ...
I never thought I’d say this as I have little interest in European Cup football when we aren’t playing in it and PL would definitely be the bigger accomplishment but CL would benefit the club more, financially, brand wise and with attracting players.

In terms of bragging rights for years maybe forever over goons of course too and for football in general it would be good for us to show that we can stop multiple doped clubs also benefiting from playing in 1 or 2 team leagues by doing things the ‘right way’.

The caveat might be if winning the CL meant Liverpool won the premier though!

Back