• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

As much as we might like to put a good spin on it, that definitely reads that he's waiting to see if Barca (or Real?) want him. The reference to "world class player" says as much.
There weren't the same qualms about discussing contracts during the season a few months ago.
I don't blame him, and it's not a surprise, and it doesn't mean he won't eventually sign a new contract with us.
But the reason he wants to leave things to the summer isn't because he wants to concentrate on playing, it's because he doesn't want to commit now until he knows what other interest there might be from Spain (imo, obviously).

Players shirts cost about £130 to a fan
But I don’t believe for one second that any player has to pay for his shirts....

fudging hell, really?!

Shows how long since Ive had interest in buying one!

The only one I own is an '81 replica, had to buy a shirt for a football themed party so figured Id go timeless.

fudging hell, really?!

Shows how long since Ive had interest in buying one!

The only one I own is an '81 replica, had to buy a shirt for a football themed party so figured Id go timeless.

They drop to about £20 later in the season, so if you just want one for going to training in or something, that's not too bad. Although they are generally quite poorly made nowadays and don't last very long

As much as we might like to put a good spin on it, that definitely reads that he's waiting to see if Barca (or Real?) want him. The reference to "world class player" says as much.
There weren't the same qualms about discussing contracts during the season a few months ago.
I don't blame him, and it's not a surprise, and it doesn't mean he won't eventually sign a new contract with us.
But the reason he wants to leave things to the summer isn't because he wants to concentrate on playing, it's because he doesn't want to commit now until he knows what other interest there might be from Spain (imo, obviously).
Maybe, but last time round - a few years back now - the negotiations went on for many months during the season and the longer they went on the more they seemed to impact his form negatively. He was so poor this forum was full of it at the time.

During that spell I recall him flatly contradicting his agent who was quoted in the media saying his player was considering a move abroad. Shortly after that Eriksen came out and insisted he was very happy at Tottenham and was hoping to sign a new contract in due course. Which he eventually did.

And following that, low and behold he rediscovered his best form.

So maybe it's simply a case of him having learnt his lesson. Leave it all until the summer, then see what cooks.

Last edited:
One way to find out if Eriksen is going is by checking out where he is in the calender for 2019....oh dear February....and Poch was January.....there goes that theory then!!

Where?
Again mate, if Barca come in he will push to leave. If they don't, I expect a new deal to be signed.

I just read that as he's not going to be a dingdong like Walker was, and that contracts are for the close season, not the run-in

Nothing in these quotes to worry about, if anything quite the opposite.

'According to his representative, the midfielder wants leave discussions over his future to the summer while he works hard on maintaining his form.

"Christian only wants to focus himself on football," Schoots told ESPN .

"Besides his technical, tactical and athletic skills, also this attitude has contributed over the years to his impressive transformation from world class talent to world class player.

"At this moment I would prefer not to join the speculations about contracts and transfers." '

So Eriksen understands the importance of not allowing contract discussions to get in the way of giving his very best for the team.

A fully-focused Eriksen can still help us achieve big things this season. Contract discussions and/or transfer speculation could - in fact probably would - affect his performance on the pitch negatively. Given his importance to the team that's the last thing we need.

Plenty of time to sort out his contract in the summer. If he wants to go and the right offer comes along, he will go anyway, so no earthly point in worrying about it right now.

Gents, I admire your optimism.

Presume you were around when a certain mr Campbell and his agent the lovely mr Sky Andrew were talking about leaving contracts until the close season...

Defer, deflect, defer some more.

All the time, tick tick tick, lets run down the clock...

I will be shocked if he is here next year now.

He would have signed a deal by now in my view.

Lets hope the replacement is top draw.

Presume you were around when a certain mr Campbell and his agent the lovely mr Sky Andrew were talking about leaving contracts until the close season...

Different people, different situation.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Unless he has already agreed to joining someone else and now spends 4 months denying it and pretending to be interested in a new contract with us if only we would put something concrete down, then the situation is totally dissimilar.

Campbell bare-faced lied through the last 5 months. The deal to the scum was done and he lied. No evidence that Eriksen is doing that.

Unless he has already agreed to joining someone else and now spends 4 months denying it and pretending to be interested in a new contract with us if only we would put something concrete down, then the situation is totally dissimilar.

Campbell bare-faced lied through the last 5 months. The deal to the scum was done and he lied. No evidence that Eriksen is doing that.
No evidence Campbell was doing it at the time either....

My mind alway focuses on the time Pochettino flew out to Denmark to meet Eriksen about a year ago ‘I think’.
Thought it it was strange back then! (Not a clue what was behind the meeting:D) just found it odd
I think he’s off!

Last edited:
Would be extremely surprised to see a photo of Eriksen with a pen in his hand, and Poch's arm around his shoulder, come the summer....

Having said that he has not been anywhere near his best in the past month and we haven't done too badly.... (puts rose tinted glasses off...)

Nothing to do with optimism/ pessimism, just relief that Eriksen has the sense to put the whole thing out of his mind until the summer.

Who here is not aware of how much transfer speculation can affect performance on the pitch? Thank fudge he wants to stay totally focused on helping the team for the rest of the season, that's all I care about right now.

Once the season is over that's the time to start speculating, but if he's going to go, so be it.

As to the Campbell reference, whoa, hang your head in shame. Where are the quotes this time round that he wants to stay?

Back