• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I would also say, one of the reasons we are hard to beat, and one of the reasons we are able to win ugly, or continually learn and adapt to new formations and new systems each season is because we have adaptable players, and we have selfless players. They are always willing to action a new plan, or a specific plan, or sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the team. Or to learn a new way of approaching something even if it isn’t the way they have done it before. This is another reason why Sissoko really fits. Along with his physical gifts, he’s perfectly suited to taking the type of advice Poch gives, and the way he runs the team.

It is no coincidence we win a lot of games with Sissoko in the side. It’s not in spite of him and he is not out of place.

I don't get why we're so surprised. This is the Sissoko we saw at the Euros, but maybe the fans simply needed to give him more time to grow comfortable. Maybe he would've not been in a slump for so long.
Not Quite. But he is on the move. With his surging runs now causing some havoc for opposing teams. Would love to see him bang a couple of goals in. Like he did in his Saudi Sportswashing Machine days.

I don't get why we're so surprised. This is the Sissoko we saw at the Euros, but maybe the fans simply needed to give him more time to grow comfortable. Maybe he would've not been in a slump for so long.

I think he's a better player now. At the Euros he had one particular storming run, and showed his physicality. But his confidence in his technical ability was way off - because his technical ability wasn't always good enough. He's improved and his confidence has too. Now he's outstanding. He uses his athleticism well and has confidence to make passes and control his runs adding an end pass most of the time.

I think he's a better player now. At the Euros he had one particular storming run, and showed his physicality. But his confidence in his technical ability was way off - because his technical ability wasn't always good enough. He's improved and his confidence has too. Now he's outstanding. He uses his athleticism well and has confidence to make passes and control his runs adding an end pass most of the time.
I like that he doesn't try over expansive passes. He has a range and he stays within it, and it works.

Last edited:
I like he doesn't try over expansive passes. He has a range and he stays within it, and it works.

Read a recent Robbin article where he taked about how he became a better player aged 30 under Guardiola. Sissoko has improved at 29. But all players can at all stages of their career. In some ways it is easier to develop when more experienced and mature.

I think the issue is it’s not what you’re saying, because if you read your posts in detail they are always balanced. It is what you are doing.

It is like you are determined to remind everyone that Sissoko just isn’t that good. Every post even when you give him due credit is still laced with a ‘he’s not good enough for us’ but I think you are Scara are the only ones still determined to make this case. Maybe NoLimits as well but he seems like he appreciates the opposing view.

Almost everyone else is capable of praising Sissoko and leaving it at that. Treating him like one of the lads that deserves our support. He has been one of our best players this season. In your opinion he isn’t good enough, and that’s fine. But it’s flying in the face not only of the majority opinion, but also the opinion of the clearly successful and knowledgeable coach.

As I said, it’s not what you are saying, because your posts are balanced. But coming back to remind eveeyone that he isn’t actually that good, when most people are seeing him as one of our best performing players this year, just makes it look like you don’t want to admit that you were wrong. That you got so entrenched on one side of the argument that you don’t want to come around.

You wonder why he gets such vehement defence and it’s because people went over the top in their criticism of him, so it’s only fair. It’s up to you on whatever opinion you want to hold, but to keep coming back to the idea that he isn’t good enough for us even after being one of our better performers this season, it just looks like you don’t want to give it up.

That is on you and the aforementioned perception filter.

I treat Sissoko no differently to any other player, but many posters here do.

As also mentioned before, I had some pretty hard words to say about Rose the other week, and guess what? None of the bed wetting seen in this thread, simply a discussion.

Ill post what I think about a player for better or worse, and always try to be fair. I wont pander to people who are wrong in the first place about my intent just to keep them subdued.

ANd I wont even get started on the "Is he actually good enough" argument, because youve already admitted he isnt. At best, you have said, he is a squad player. So we would really be arguing over semantics which is just pointless.

I defy anyone to not want to upgrade on him this summer. And that really is the crux of it. As well as he is doing, and he is doing really well - he is still one of the most immediately improvable parts of our squd.

That is on you and the aforementioned perception filter.

I treat Sissoko no differently to any other player, but many posters here do.

As also mentioned before, I had some pretty hard words to say about Rose the other week, and guess what? None of the bed wetting seen in this thread, simply a discussion.

Ill post what I think about a player for better or worse, and always try to be fair. I wont pander to people who are wrong in the first place about my intent just to keep them subdued.

ANd I wont even get started on the "Is he actually good enough" argument, because youve already admitted he isnt. At best, you have said, he is a squad player. So we would really be arguing over semantics which is just pointless.

I defy anyone to not want to upgrade on him this summer. And that really is the crux of it. As well as he is doing, and he is doing really well - he is still one of the most immediately improvable parts of our squd.

Again, in what context? With who? Are you factoring in his total blend with the squad right now as well as whatever abilities you do/don't think he has? Saying "he is one of the most immediately improvable parts of our squad" is too easy Nayim. There are so many other factors to consider. Right now, I see no-one. I suppose someone will say N'Dombele from Lyon, but I will have to be honest, I simply have not seen enough of the bloke to know.

Again, in what context? With who? Are you factoring in his total blend with the squad right now as well as whatever abilities you do/don't think he has? Saying "he is one of the most immediately improvable parts of our squad" is too easy Nayim. There are so many other factors to consider. Right now, I see no-one. I suppose someone will say N'Dombele from Lyon, but I will have to be honest, I simply have not seen enough of the bloke to know.
N'Dombele would be an upgrade on any of our CMs, but he is out of our range now. Sissoko has been one of our most consistent performers this season in any context not just 'Sissoko levels'. Dembele has been sold, Wanyama hasnt done anything for ages now and would most likely be the next one of our CMs to be moved on - there is next to no chance Sissoko will be sold in the summer.....

N'Dombele would be an upgrade on any of our CMs, but he is out of our range now. Sissoko has been one of our most consistent performers this season in any context not just 'Sissoko levels'. Dembele has been sold, Wanyama hasnt done anything for ages now and would most likely be the next one of our CMs to be moved on - there is next to no chance Sissoko will be sold in the summer.....
Even so, Sissoko would just take Wanyama's squad place and Newmidfielder would be competing with Winks and Dier for a starting place.

That would be the fullbacks

Hence my use of the term "one of".

A RB, LB and CM in the summer are the most obvious points to improve our squad.

And if they are of sufficient quality I would fully expect Rose/Trippier/Sissoko etc bumped down the pecking order.

Not wanting to be "that guy" so much, because I know how annoying it is - but "with who" is not for me to say. There are options out there, many discussed over the summer and Jan transfer threads, and many Im sure none of us are aware of.

I dont think Sissoko has "total blend" with the squad. At all. I think he is doing his best, and its serviceable, but I dont think he is anywhere near their levels. Someone who is would add a whole new dimension to our midfield and therefore team.

And if they are of sufficient quality I would fully expect Rose/Trippier/Sissoko etc bumped down the pecking order.

Not wanting to be "that guy" so much, because I know how annoying it is - but "with who" is not for me to say. There are options out there, many discussed over the summer and Jan transfer threads, and many Im sure none of us are aware of.

I dont think Sissoko has "total blend" with the squad. At all. I think he is doing his best, and its serviceable, but I dont think he is anywhere near their levels. Someone who is would add a whole new dimension to our midfield and therefore team.

I'm talking about vibe.
That is a major part of any Poch player.
I remember people creaming for Kovacic, and hoping we didn't go for him because he looks like a bit of an overall clown shoe. We shall see. I am sure if Poch feels he can, he will...

Whilst I dont agree on your opinion of Sissoko's ability/levels of performance I will say your points are fair. If we were to get a top CM that could compliment Winks, then Sissoko would be at worst a great squad player to have who has proven himself to be reliable and an asset to the team along with Dier - would be very happy with those two being backups/rotated if a truly class CM was bought in.

Only issue for me is how likely are we to obtain such a CM? I am dubious as whether we could acquire someone who is a clear step up from what we already have that matches Poch's specifications and our probable financial constraints....

I take your word for it as I genuinely have not seen enough of him or Lyon this season. Read the hype though.

I take your word for it as I genuinely have not seen enough of him or Lyon this season. Read the hype though.

Exactly. @harr1984 how many times have you actually seen N'dombele play? I'm talking full 90 minute performances too.

Sissoko is premier league experienced and in our top five best performers this season. To suggest a young CM from Ligue 1 could replace him immediately is completely wrong IMO.

Back