• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2019

I bet Poch is delighted. No offence to anyone in far flung parts of the world, but the very last thing an exhausted squad needs is lots of air miles and circus performances on crap pitches for the sponsors.

The other year Levy offered Poch the incentive of cancelling the end of season tour if we won the league. I wonder if that offer is on the table this season.

I bet Poch is delighted. No offence to anyone in far flung parts of the world, but the very last thing an exhausted squad needs is lots of air miles and circus performances on crap pitches for the sponsors.

The other year Levy offered Poch the incentive of cancelling the end of season tour if we won the league. I wonder if that offer is on the table this season.

Its pre season training in a decent climate

Part and parcel of being the modern footballer. And to be fair, I'm sure there's many of them that would love the opportunity to fly to the other side of the world with a group of mates to experience a different culture & lifestyle and have their egos massaged a bit...all whilst playing the game they love and watching the £££s roll in.

I'm usually in that part of the world in that time of year, but of course not this year, so I won't be able to se Spurs play there. Typical!

Our stadium is decent enough. Understand the long travel is not helping our players but this could be once of lifetime chance for many fans at my end to watch live of players they idol every weekend. No doubt the tickets will be ex so hoping the revenue contribute to our transfer kitty.

PS: pardon my English if I sound funny

national-stadium-singapore-2.jpg

Our stadium is decent enough. Understand the long travel is not helping our players but this could be once of lifetime chance for many fans at my end to watch live of players they idol every weekend. No doubt the tickets will be ex so hoping the revenue contribute to our transfer kitty.

It's actually the USA/South Africa/Australia that tend to have the crap pitches

I certainly don't begrudge it at all. I'm first in queue if even the Spurs XI turn up in my part of the country.

I just know that managers would rather have two closed doors matches with Orient and Brentford if they had any say in it

Don't worry about your English. It can't be worse than @Bedfordspurs

It's actually the USA/South Africa/Australia that tend to have the crap pitches

I certainly don't begrudge it at all. I'm first in queue if even the Spurs XI turn up in my part of the country.

I just know that managers would rather have two closed doors matches with Orient and Brentford if they had any say in it

They would also be moaning that other clubs had more money to spend.

I'm usually in that part of the world in that time of year, but of course not this year, so I won't be able to se Spurs play there. Typical!

Well, that's about the Spursiest thing that could have happened, so congratulations on being a real fan. Only plastics actually get lucky with this stuff. :D

As others have mentioned, I'll never begrudge this. I loved it when Spurs came to Toronto and I was finally able to watch us live, and shout insulting things at Levy in-person. :p And it's the same for our fans around the world - they should all get a chance to see us live, if possible. Congrats, @simonth !

I was there. Couldn't hear you above the din. Or just blanking out the racket so I could do my job. Good crowd, lively atmosphere. Probably had better seats than you. Here's my view via a 200-400mm Nikon lens and a D4s camera. Chuffed to see it in The Guardian game report:

Ben-Davies-014.jpg

Quite enjoyed this game. Michael Dawson was Mr. Personality at pitchside. Kane played the second half, wore #37. Ryan Mason had a really good game too, well first half mostly, since the scrubs came on at half time. But he looked very physically imposing. Shame his head injury curbed a promising career.

Last edited:
Back